Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hyundai Tiburon

don't get a "sporty" FWD car, the power is useless without weight on the drive wheels.

get a nissan 240sx! altho production stopped back in 2k2(for japs and i guess aussies) or 1998 for US.
    its a sporty RWD 4 cylinder car that can be cheap depending on which yr you want, the engine can easily do 350rwhp with a good tune on stock internals(+ a turbo), its got independent suspension, and enough space to put that nissan skyline engine....the rb26dett(i know i know...its really a slow overrated engine but it fits the 240sx with a $1100 custom mount kit sold by mckinney motorsports, and you can keep the stock TT's)
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne
    get a nissan 240sx! altho production stopped back in 2k2(for japs and i guess aussies) or 1998 for US.
    its a sporty RWD 4 cylinder car that can be cheap depending on which yr you want, the engine can easily do 350rwhp with a good tune on stock internals(+ a turbo), its got independent suspension, and enough space to put that nissan skyline engine....the rb26dett(i know i know...its really a slow overrated engine but it fits the 240sx with a $1100 custom mount kit sold by mckinney motorsports, and you can keep the stock TT's)
    The 240SX is definitely a car I like, but what is the market currently like for those? Are they high in demand?

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    Whats up with you wanting the FWD compact cars?

Like ruim20 said, get something RWD.

The Saturn Sky looks like a great car to me, but it wont be out 'till like late 06 I think.
    Personally if you want a new car I would look into a new GTO or Mustang, or maybe a WRX STi. If you want a cheap used car thats sporty and quick you could get a low milage used LT1 or LS1 f-body (camaro/firebird) for $8-13, or a used Mustang GT or Cobra. Or if you really want a Miata that goes in that price category too.
    I've always wanted a GTO (I love the Holden Monaro), but unfortunately I think it's a little bit out of my price range.

But do you know where could I find a used Cobra? I just rarely see them, but if I could get a Cobra, that'd definitely rock.

the demand for the 240sx is ok......probably high because of the drifting scene goin up.

if you like the cobra's.....get an 03/04 used cobra....those run for like $25000, can be modded to 6-700+rwhp on stock engine(after changing the stock heaton, and maybe gettin twin-screwed and 600+hp....or TT's), tho the half-shaft's will go if lanchin hard on slicks..(think its the half-shafts, not sure), and those can be sleepers if you get the right kind of exhaust.
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

The Hyundai Coupé looks really good in real life, there's something about it and still it isn't that expensive. Imo, its the Korean success story in cars.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Quote Originally Posted by Lets Gekiga In
    I've always wanted a GTO (I love the Holden Monaro), but unfortunately I think it's a little bit out of my price range.

But do you know where could I find a used Cobra? I just rarely see them, but if I could get a Cobra, that'd definitely rock.
    Some of the '04 GTOs(350hp) are going in the low 20s right now due to low sales and the release of the '05 model. You could probably get one for like $22K. As for the Cobra, they're everywhere, look on autotrader for a 99+ (first year of IRS) you could get a really nice one for cheap. A friend on another forum just picked up a 99 w/ 50K miles for like $13K.

BTW the 240SX is an awesome car, just be careful when buying, many are abused and riced out. Another one of my friends sold his eclipse for $8K, picked up a 240 for $1800 cash, and is now doing an full engine swap(tranny etc.) for around $2-3K. Hell be pushing like 260+hp in a 2800lbs car, thats sweet.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I'm still trying to keep my options open on which car I want to buy and I appreciate all the opinions expressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pando
    The Hyundai Coupé looks really good in real life, there's something about it and still it isn't that expensive. Imo, its the Korean success story in cars.
    Hyundai is slowly growing into a descent asian car manufacturer. Our Santa Fe isn't too bad of a car for like 22 k fully-loaded.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Thanks for all the replies guys. I'm still trying to keep my options open on which car I want to buy and I appreciate all the opinions expressed.
    Just go out some day you have free and test drive a bunch of cars. From there you can have a much better view of what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    Just go out some day you have free and test drive a bunch of cars. From there you can have a much better view of what you want.
    Yeah, good point. I actually test drove a Toyota Corolla XRS and that little guy can move! But I definitely need to try out the other ones if at all possible.

Yeah, good point. I actually test drove a Toyota Corolla XRS and that little guy can move! But I definitely need to try out the other ones if at all possible.
    Heh, youll forget all about that little corolla once you put the long peddle to the floor in a stang, f-body, or gto...

id get a used civic over the tibby
    stereotonin

Quote Originally Posted by kennyknoxville
    id get a used civic over the tibby
    I already own a 1992 Honda Civic Si.

I already own a 1992 Honda Civic Si.
    i sure wouldn't i like the new tiburon. Hyundia did a great job in my opinion.
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

Thread Information