Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shelby Cobra Revived

do you think we can expect SVT or someone like Saleen to try their hands at either the cobra if it goes into production or maybe even the GT?
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    do you think we can expect SVT or someone like Saleen to try their hands at either the cobra if it goes into production or maybe even the GT?
    that would be so sweet, having a Saleen GT, or GT SVT(?) i'd think that Saleen/SVT would make them because they tune almost all fords.
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

i dont think SVT or Saleen will touch the cobra personally, i think if ford are after a higher performance version they will again turn to Carrol, but when the GT came out, people wouldve thought theres not much more thats better than the supercharged V8, then ford released the new V10 so perhaps Saleen will convert some GT's to the V10
    I am the Stig

this is a great car ....

BUT 260 MPH! thats just wak

the old cobras couldnt brake 150 because of aroedynamics in such (bin roadsters) they hit a bric wall

and that's y they made the dayton COUPE wich still couldnt go 200mhp

so ur tellin me that with a slightly slicker shell (still roadster) and a bigger engine that in can go 100mph FASTER! no it cant
    Last edited by kko; 01-25-2004 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kko
    this is a great car ....

the old cobras couldnt brake 150 because of aroedynamics in such (bin roadsters) they hit a bric wall

so ur tellin me that with a slightly slicker shell (still roadster) and a bigger engine that in can go 100mph FASTER! no it cant
    Then explain why Bill Elliot holds the qualifying record at 220 in a square bodied car?

260 mph?! I heard 200+ from a few places.....but definitely not 260!!

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeNitroBIRM
    Then explain why Bill Elliot holds the qualifying record at 220 in a square bodied car?
    Because Nascars aren't convertibles, they are relatively lightweight, and they're honed for aerodynamics.

this is a great car ....

who ever said 260mph probly was unsure themselves but they did mange 180 mph and thats the speed they used to get drivan at it was the small block car that copuldent break 150 mph the big block one manged 180mph ive got a few books that state that and we used to get a genuine one at our salt flats which manged that people asked the owenr if itwas stock and all he said "was at the price this thing cost me i dont haveany money left to mod it!".

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    Because Nascars aren't convertibles, they are relatively lightweight, and they're honed for aerodynamics.
    Not in the late 70's to early 80's, bubba. They were lead sled, square bodies then. No restrictor plates, either. Part of the reason why Bill Elliot went that fast.

Ken Schrader did a tire test a few years back at Talladega, unrestricted. Ran 233 average.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by GT500
    260 mph?! I heard 200+ from a few places.....but definitely not 260!!

alot of people are getting confused, its virtually impossible for the car to get 260mph, but its geared to do that. 260mph is the THEORETICAL top speed
    I am the Stig

i see
    ty for clearing that up
    < 1 - 2 - to the bass >

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeNitroBIRM
    Not in the late 70's to early 80's, bubba. They were lead sled, square bodies then. No restrictor plates, either. Part of the reason why Bill Elliot went that fast.
    Well, I'm not sure about the output of those old Nascars, but nonetheless, that's a pretty impressive record

Still, the the new Cobra is a convertible, and the 40mph between 220 and 260mph is quite a massive span. The claim is completely outrageous.

yea 260 what ever. unless the make the extendo version then i dont fit.
    besides l like the series one better on the body side. but hell ill take a 600 hp
    v10 any day.
    RUBBINS RACING!

Ya i was watching a show on that and it runs on high octane raceing feul and the first model has sheldys name on it.

Thread Information