Thread: Plastic surgery for the S-type

Post Plastic surgery for the S-type

Not have been around for so long the S type has received its first facelift to cope with its german competitors who,in fact,can be at least described as fabulous.Well,the revised Jag is supposed to be more athletic than its predecessor as it features tighter panel fit ,alongside an aluminium bonnet for better weight distribution while on the inside, the instrument panel has been revised for a more sporting feel.Still, the surronding environment still reminds us with the british luxury.Trims & colors are available in a wider range of options for more individual choices than ever.
    The available petrol engines will keep on going untouched but for the diesel fans club the big hit will be the launch of the first diesel S-types powered by an all-new 2.7-litre twin-turbo diesel in both automatic & manual gearboxes.
    To improve its ride quality and handling dynamics the car has been equipped with lower-friction ball joints and revised damper settings.& for showing off purposes you can make the most of this by choosing the Sports suspension option, which beefs up the springs and shocks even more and puts 18-inch alloys on the end of your axles for a more direct drive than ever.
    Further new options across the range include Front Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control and Forward Alert, as well as a broadened range of special equipment packs.
    It is the price tag that will finally decide whether new customers will choose to sit behind the S-types wheels with the existance of 5SER,E-class,....
    Jag promises the S-type will be as competitively priced as it ever was....

Specs & technical details were published on TopGear
    Last edited by kinan.f; 01-07-2004 at 01:02 AM.

Thumbs up

Glad they got rid of the ugly leaping cat. I've always liked the Jaguar S-Type, though the E class still looks way better.

Hey I liked the cat!

lol, it looks good without it too though.
    Most wanted cars:

Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, Nissan Skyline R-34 V-Spec II, 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang, VW Golf R32, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vanquish S

Still waiting.....Shelby Cobra, Shelby GR1, 2006 Ford Lightning, Next generation SVT Mustang Cobra 2006? Mazda Speed RX8

nice that car would look great in green
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by DiabloGTR
    Glad they got rid of the ugly leaping cat. I've always liked the Jaguar S-Type, though the E class still looks way better.
    i liked the cat
    1977 Mercedes-benz 240D 4-speed with 500k miles

Thumbs up

I visited the factory a few weeks back, and they had just started full scale production of the new S, and it is strange how a few minor details can change the appearance so much.

IMHO This is what the S type should always have looked like.
    Thanks for all the fish

Stick the leaping jaguar back on the bonnet and spray it in British Racing Green, then give it to me.

Cheers,
    -Ads

"We used to come down, doing about 180mph. We take off over the bridge and change down to 4th gear in the air. Go through the righthander with the car drifting, and let it swing out through the lefthander and then slide out to the wall, where we simply stopped it with a flick of the wrists"
    -Vic Elford, on Maison Blanche in a Porsche 917

UCP's Most Hardcore Armchair BTCC Fan & Anthony Reid Supporter

Thread Information