View Poll Results: which Internet Browser do you use?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Firefox

38 66.67%
  • Netscape

1 1.75%
  • Internet Explorer

11 19.30%
  • other

7 12.28%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FIREFOX vs IE vs NETSCAPE

FIREFOX vs IE vs NETSCAPE

- Since Firefox is all the rage now, i would like to know how many people still use IE and Netscape.

I Read this month in wired that IE still has 98% of the market, while Firefox is still only 1% or something. i personally think its a bit more than that. its amazing, creator of firefox is only 19, and it was downloade 1 million times in the first day!
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

I used to have all kinds of stability issues with IE. It'd crash if I was surfing 3+ pages. Firefox has crashed on me once in about 4 months. The only time I use IE anymore is for Windows Updates.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Seems the dupe thread was removed... so I'll repeat my last post:

I use Mozilla at work and Firefox at home. Tabbed browsing is great, when wil IE jump on board??
    Not UCP's only Crystal Palace fan!!

RIP Richard Burns.

i thought firefox and mozilla were the same
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

yeah i had some problems making this thread. i am new to firefox (about 2 weeks) and it is great. IE would crash evrtime i opened a video at apple .com. it was so fukin frustrating.
    firefox is so much cooler anywayz.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Apparently Microsoft are making the newer versions of IE more like Firefox, so the advantage will be lost, and less people will switch.

I think i'll stay with FF though.

Extensions and tabbed browsing are far too handy.
    And there aren't any pop ups.
    And I have adblock - so no more annoying flashing ads
    And there aren't quite so many security holes (as most people use IE hackers focus their attention on that, rather than wasting time trying to get a few FF users)
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by d-quik
    Firefox is the newer browser based on the Mozilla platform. Pretty similar features, just Firefox is a little more advanced.
    Not UCP's only Crystal Palace fan!!

RIP Richard Burns.

there is a mozilla browser, but then there is a "mozilla firefox" browser as well i think. or something like that.

they are both better than IE anyway.
    halo 2 - november 9

They are now FireFox is the 'new name' to attract interested owners and to hide from the various Mozilla disasters in the past.

Sadly with 95+% ( I'd heard FF was now up to 4% ) of the market most developers will test their sites on IE and a lot of businesses use the embedded MS technology such that websites don't work on Opera and/or FireFox. THAT will be it's stumbling block until it can be 100% compatible. Sadly to be 100% compatible it will likely end up with the same issues AND any "bug" in IE will have to be repeated in FF to ensure pages relying on the bug work - a REAL issue when MSF java classes were initally released

IE is more stable than FF on all sites I visit and train others on. Mainly because of the incompatbility issues Equally a setup IE is as secure and 'safe' as any other. MAtter of choice on minor details like the tab ahdnling whci his better in FF if all you do is surf and better in IE if you do surf and cut/paste in docs and presentations ( steal others work - me ? never )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

firefox is alot more practcal than IE, it does what you always want IE to do. Go firefox!

99% of the time, I use Firefox. For Windows Updates and sites that are not compatible with FF, I use IE but very rarely. IE takes too long to load, all this crap and spyware is let in and the popup blocker is not as great as in Firefox. For example, Firefox does not block when you click on a link and wants to open in a new page but the only popup I ever get is one when coming to the UCP forums. IE blocks everything which actually is bad. Firefox forever! If some sites would not have compatibility issues, I would have uninstalled IE a very long time ago.
    "To control 800 horsepower relying just on arm muscles and foot sensitivity can turn out to be a dangerous exercise."
    Michael Schumacher

i still use IE for all my web browsing needs cause i like it better than firsfox because you can keep tabs of all your programs so you can reach them from there and besides, i never really had many problems with IE

Quote Originally Posted by Karrmann
    i still use IE for all my web browsing needs cause i like it better than firsfox because you can keep tabs of all your programs so you can reach them from there and besides, i never really had many problems with IE
    just in case you wanted to know, you can use tabs in firefox. easier than IE too
    halo 2 - november 9

Quote Originally Posted by Karrmann
    With Firefox you only need one window open, rather than 20 seperate ones.
    Much easier to find things.

If you do have that many windows open in IE, you need to find the specific one, wheras in FF you can just glance at the tabs along the top.

I much prefer that setup for ease of use.

Problem pages are easily sorted with "ieview" - an extension that allows you to right click a page that doesn't work in FF and "Open in IE".

Highly reccommended for all you FFers.
    Thanks for all the fish

I think i read on TSS that FireFox recently achieved 1.86%, or something like that. And if you think about it thats a HUGE margin. I use firefox, i cant understand why anybody wouldnt... and PLEASE dome say "its all the rage", ff is NEVER gonna sell out like that. It welll remain l33t for ever, once it IS used for the masses, those 1.86% (including me) are going to go somewhere else.
    UPC's most heavy Bawls drinker. :D

Thread Information