Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My New "Ride"

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv
    I drive only a few miles every day, to and from school through town, and get about 9 mpg with my dakota (4.22 gears, 4.7 l v-8), thats with the occasional burnout and donut though
    Sounds to me like you need another A-series powered car...

The Required Proof

Thanks guys for the compliments thus far, and I'll get right on those wire wheels and the system in the "trunk". Here's the UCP ownership challenge pics, if you guys want any other pics of any kind just ask. I installed Ventshade ventvisors on it this evening and will post pics of them this weekend sometime....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2005 Victory Red Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab
    2002 Concord Purple Harley Sportster 883XLC

"I think the Vietnam war is nothing more than the white people sending the black people to fight the yellow people in order to secure a nation stolen from the red people"-Anonymous

UCP's Biggest Chevrolet Corvette fan.

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Quote Originally Posted by sutton4481
    Nice truck, Mr Vette. I personally have a 2001 1500HD. It's a crew like yours, but with a bit longer bed (I think) and the 6 liter V8. 19-21 mpg is a dream with the big V8 and 4.10 gears!
    Those 6.0 trucks are quick. My dad raced one in his Mach 1 and it kept up with us until we hit the powerband.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

haha. your shifter knob looks like its rapeing the paper.

Anways, none the less, the truck looks great although im not really a big fan of the new looks chevy gave their new trucks. Just isn't my taste I guess. I think they should have kept the 99-02 (i think) generation look.

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123
    Those 6.0 trucks are quick. My dad raced one in his Mach 1 and it kept up with us until we hit the powerband.
    Yeah, i think they have 285 hp stock don't they? My brothers got the 04 2dr Silverado w/ 285 hp. Those trucks and the new Titans can get it up

Quote Originally Posted by shr0olvl
    haha. your shifter knob looks like its rapeing the paper.

Anways, none the less, the truck looks great although im not really a big fan of the new looks chevy gave their new trucks. Just isn't my taste I guess. I think they should have kept the 99-02 (i think) generation look.
    I'll second that, I preferred that fascia to the current one. But I guess I don't really dislike it either.

The Escalade's the ugly one from the front

Anyway, grats on your twuck. We got a truck not too long ago as well, and they're really nice to drive.

Those are fine trucks indeed. Good job.

I myself would've gotten one with the 4-wheel steer. Those are bad-ass

Yeah, I really like the look of the GMC Sierra trucks which is basically the same as the silverado, Just with a better look.

Specially the 2 door sportside ones which they don't make any more i think.

Yeah, they GMC's are badass. I even have to admit to having a soft spot for the Yukon Denalis, just on looks.

Every Denali I've ever gotten was poorly kept, the interior just ripe with human or old food stench. And I never could figure out what the point was when the stock Yukon looks pretty much the same only not quite so glitzy and silly.

On that note, those new Equinox's are nice. I'm also pleased with the Canyon/Colorado. The build quality is several steps up from the old Sonoma.

yes nice truck, lol but i thought you woud live up to ur name nad get a vette............just jking!!
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

Quote Originally Posted by shr0olvl
    Yeah, I really like the look of the GMC Sierra trucks which is basically the same as the silverado, Just with a better look.

Specially the 2 door sportside ones which they don't make any more i think.

I can't speak for GMC as having a 100% knowledge, but I know that they still make the silverado in 2dr sportside, we had one in the shop today with 36 miles on it, an 05. There was also a comment to the 6.0 hp rating, to my knowledge they pack 320, the 5.3 that's in my truck is sold in three version, 285, 295, and 300, I'm not sure as to what mine is though. For the build quality on the Colorado, this may be true, but the I5 still has some problems, we had one in the other day with an SES light on, before it got out of there, it had a new head, 2 new valve springs, and one new exhaust valve, all before the second oil change. We had one come in today with the same symptoms But I'm not saying they're a bad truck, just something I've noticed.
    2005 Victory Red Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab
    2002 Concord Purple Harley Sportster 883XLC

"I think the Vietnam war is nothing more than the white people sending the black people to fight the yellow people in order to secure a nation stolen from the red people"-Anonymous

UCP's Biggest Chevrolet Corvette fan.

Nice truck Mr. Vette, congrats Is it hard to park, crew cabs are like 17 feet long, right?
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Nice truck. Any plans? Lowering/raising? Vortech makes a supercharger kit that'll put down 370hp and 400lb-ft at the crank. That'll make for surprising some Honda kids.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    Nice truck. Any plans? Lowering/raising? Vortech makes a supercharger kit that'll put down 370hp and 400lb-ft at the crank. That'll make for surprising some Honda kids.
    They make all kinds of superchargers for the silverado's with LOTS of hp and Tq gains. I've seen one supercharger that gives up to 90 percent hp and tq but don't know how well it is but still, thats ALOT of gains. You can make these trucks really fast.

Thread Information