80. You may not vote on this poll
  • MAC

22 27.50%
  • PC

58 72.50%
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: PC vs MAC

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoChimp22
    OMFG i cannot believe this, i bet you all 5 bucks of whatever you use that i can talk any person on here with sence out of buying a mac. Unless ofcorse you are a film maker.
    yeah, but dissing is easy.
    You can do the same with a PC and terrify anyone into never buying a pc and connecting it to a network

The reality is in the POSITIVES and the Apple has a tradition of being less complex and more stable. No longer as strong a case as it once was as they accept industry standards and support 3d party video cards and since Windows got better at enforcing compliance to interfaces and trapping errors awa from BSOD

IF the Apples were half the price and all anyone wanted was to access internet, I'd say go Apple !!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

How much are macs?
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Quote Originally Posted by 6'bore
    How much are macs?
    Too Much.
    UPC's most heavy Bawls drinker. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    yeah, but dissing is easy.
    You can do the same with a PC and terrify anyone into never buying a pc and connecting it to a network

The reality is in the POSITIVES and the Apple has a tradition of being less complex and more stable. No longer as strong a case as it once was as they accept industry standards and support 3d party video cards and since Windows got better at enforcing compliance to interfaces and trapping errors awa from BSOD

IF the Apples were half the price and all anyone wanted was to access internet, I'd say go Apple !!!
    I wasnt trying to put down apple meanlessly. I was just saying that inless you know a mac is right for you ( because of something you do ) i could probably counter every reason you have FOR chosing apple.
    UPC's most heavy Bawls drinker. :D

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoChimp22
    I wasnt trying to put down apple meanlessly. I was just saying that inless you know a mac is right for you ( because of something you do ) i could probably counter every reason you have FOR chosing apple.
    Just ensureing readers got a balanced view

ALL computers suck !!!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Check out http://www.apple.com/ for prices.

As for who ever said they prefer macs for the design.. well You cant modify mac cases like you can to a PC and you cant do Multiple monitor setups on macs as easily as you can with PCs. And another thing. Mac Accessories such as "Airports' (wireless routers) are shitty. I can tell you that bcuz I run my PC through Mac Airport and its constantly going dead ... If it were a PC brand wireless router of the same price I could get a .**G (router speed) Router as opposed to a **.b (slower router speed) that the airport is available in.
    Multiple monitors are quite easy to set up on macs, I hook laptops up to tv's and other monitors a lot in school for a program I am doing with IBM. I have a netgear router and it is constantly going dead too, portable phones and other wireless items work in the same band of frequency, so they cause interference. I don't think it is the router it's self, there is a airport network at my school in the graphics room, and since no interference, it's qiute reliable.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv
    Multiple monitors are quite easy to set up on macs
    Since Apple stopped doing their own video and adopted first the AGP and then the PCI-X interfaces from the PC they've opened up being able to supprot nVidia etc and multiple video cards so more monitors is not the issue it once was. ( BUT the other side of that sword is that now they are less reliable and dependant on 3rd party providers of drivers and hardware to conform to the Apple interfaces - soft and hard - so one of it's strengths is weaker )

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Just ensureing readers got a balanced view

ALL computers suck !!!!
    All computers work fine, its just the introduction of software where it goes wrong.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Rebirth of Xar
    Ive studied A plus so I know a little bit bout pcs.. my experiences with Macs while studying Computer Animation have taught me how fast Macs are for rendering and design and even for music but in the end a well equiped PC can match a macs performance for much cheaper.. right now I can go out and buy 3.4ghz P4 laptops with dvd burners and awesome features for under $1000 where as the same features on a mac would cost me well over $2000. As for who ever said they prefer macs for the design.. well You cant modify mac cases like you can to a PC and you cant do Multiple monitor setups on macs as easily as you can with PCs. And another thing. Mac Accessories such as "Airports' (wireless routers) are shitty. I can tell you that bcuz I run my PC through Mac Airport and its constantly going dead ... If it were a PC brand wireless router of the same price I could get a .**G (router speed) Router as opposed to a **.b (slower router speed) that the airport is available in.
    Sorry but you are full of shit.

The speed issue --> No way. Apple has had their speed problems with Motorole not being able to produce fasters CPUs but those days are over.
    Case modding --> this adds nothing to the computer, you can mod a mac case easily.
    Airport --> 1st. Airport Extreme IS Wireless-G, older Airport units are B-only because G didn't even exist when they came out. Somethings not working when your wireless network is going down, I've implemented a few airport based networks and they have ZERO downtime. And you can use any "pc" wireless router with your Mac. You don't need the Airport units you can buy a generic one. Airport is a bit expensive but you pay for the name, I'll give you that. About setting up multiple monitors on Macs: It was possible on a mac years and years ago when PCs didn't even recognise a second one and it's still posssible today, just plug it in and it works. Try adding a good colour profile to two different monitors in WinXP, have fun with it.
    Oh and would you really want a Pentium 4 based laptop ? Not me thankyou. Centrino is very good, I must admit that, but P4 in a laptop is a joke.

Sadly enough Mac bashing is easy and 9 out of 10 it's based on nothing. Most Mac bashers haven't even used a Mac in their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf03
    Yes, there are software. Go to www.apple.com and check the software. They have tons but just really expensive...but there's always underground where stuff can be found for free (not supporting it though). Who needs overclocking with the power that MACs come with. I mean come on, Mac's 1 g is more powerful than any Intel out there.
    Well AMD has more power then intel. An AMD @ 2.2ghz is more powerful then a P4 3.2ghz
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    As a fellow Mac user / loyalist I have to agree. People seem to get turned off by the Macs high price and it can be a problem for most people...sure. But you can't expect top rate quality in a computer (or car) if you're not willing to pay for it I've never had a hardware problem and only one sofware problem in 4 years. How many PC users can say that?

Around 97% of the viruses, worms and spyware is written for Windows, not Mac. So while most of the world is worrying, Mac users are working/surfing happily.

Last and not least, design. Macs look cool and original. Mac for me
    AS a 3 year PC user i have never had one virus shut me down ever.
    You look after your pc by giveing it the right protection and all is sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by targa
    so buy a mac
    No Get protection on the PC and have it all

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda
    Sorry but you are full of shit.

The speed issue --> No way. Apple has had their speed problems with Motorole not being able to produce fasters CPUs but those days are over.
    Case modding --> this adds nothing to the computer, you can mod a mac case easily.
    Airport --> 1st. Airport Extreme IS Wireless-G, older Airport units are B-only because G didn't even exist when they came out. Somethings not working when your wireless network is going down, I've implemented a few airport based networks and they have ZERO downtime. And you can use any "pc" wireless router with your Mac. You don't need the Airport units you can buy a generic one. Airport is a bit expensive but you pay for the name, I'll give you that. About setting up multiple monitors on Macs: It was possible on a mac years and years ago when PCs didn't even recognise a second one and it's still posssible today, just plug it in and it works. Try adding a good colour profile to two different monitors in WinXP, have fun with it.
    Oh and would you really want a Pentium 4 based laptop ? Not me thankyou. Centrino is very good, I must admit that, but P4 in a laptop is a joke.

Sadly enough Mac bashing is easy and 9 out of 10 it's based on nothing. Most Mac bashers haven't even used a Mac in their lives.
    So your a PC Basher then

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    So your a PC Basher then
    No.

FFS that character limit is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda
    No.

FFS that character limit is annoying.
    WHY ?