Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Porsche Panamera

4 doors on a porsche????

then what? a fwd hatchback?

I think Porsche has not changed the style of theire cars dramatically for years and as you can see years to come it was modern 8 years ago and it will be modern in the next 8 years amazing!!! i dont know any other car manufacture that has done this except porsche.

Very old news.I posted a scan of a article in the Autokampioen magasine over two months ago.much better to see the overall lines of the car...

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    I think my idea and your (and probably most Cayenne owners) idea of off road are two different things. A "dirt track" is also a rather broad term. I use my Landcruiser for beach, dunes and rough off road driving. The Cayenne has limited ground clearance which would inhibit its off road ability in large pot holed or rocky situations. It has high speed rated low profile tyres which are useless off road also. It has limited suspension travel which is admittedly part made up for by traction control. The Hummer is designed to drive over everything so I dont consider it a sensible option for genreal off road driving unless you require anti tank capabilities. Basically a Landcruiser, Patrol or Discovery would leave a Cayenne for dead in serious off road situations. In fact the Toureag is a better bet off road.

The Range Rover would perform much better off raod. Im not talking about smooth dirt tracks either. The X5 is in the same category but I would definitley prefer the Porsche if I had to have a soft SUV.
    Comon, if you get serious for a second, no one buys a car like the cayenne for a dakar rally or mountaineering(ref.top gear), the only offroad capabilities a owner expects from a car like this is not to get stuck on the road to your summerhouse. The cayenne does that and more, ... the ride on the highway there goes smoothly as well ... and you won a street race against that punk kid in his sporscar.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Quote Originally Posted by Pando
    Comon, if you get serious for a second, no one buys a car like the cayenne for a dakar rally or mountaineering(ref.top gear), the only offroad capabilities a owner expects from a car like this is not to get stuck on the road to your summerhouse. The cayenne does that and more, ... the ride on the highway there goes smoothly as well ... and you won a street race against that punk kid in his sporscar.
    A BMW or Merc can get you their just as well and do more on the road than the Cayenne. So as I said if you dont want it for off road, why have a 4 wheel drove wagon? Answer, cause everyone else has. Porsche even said that part of the reasoning was that everyon with a Porsche has an SUV parked next to it in their garage so it may as well be a Posrche. What will they do next? I suppose everyone with a Porsche has a boat? Maybe Porsche could make the best highway handling boat as well.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

A BMW or Merc can get you their just as well and do more on the road than the Cayenne.
    So you mean a BMW X5, a Merc G55 or the more common &normal looking(cant remember its name prob ML55 or something) merc is better on the road than the Cayenne? I dont think so.

So as I said if you dont want it for off road, why have a 4 wheel drove wagon?
    Because people want to feel like they are able too, even if they cant take it too the woods, they can drive on a forrestroad even in the winter. Perhaps a mom would like a more roomy car, perhaps a middle aged man would like to believe he's giving out a sophisticated woodsman impression to everyone.
    Which brings us to:

Answer, cause everyone else has. Porsche even said that part of the reasoning was that everyon with a Porsche has an SUV parked next to it in their garage so it may as well be a Posrche.
    true, and it's as basing marketing as it gets and the more I think about it the more brilliant is the idea... and once again I begin to wonder what really is the problem with the cayenne.

A similar example would be to critizise the enzo, because Ferrari said it would be an F1 car for the road... BUT it isn't quite as fast and as raceable as an F1 car. It doesnt make them a bad company, they had an idea which they believed there was a market for, and they did it. Think about it.
    I just dont see the negative side of the cayenne and they are also building less powerful & cheaper boxters just to widen their customer range, but people arn't critizising them because they look like "porsches"...
    - Are YOU listed? -

So you mean a BMW X5, a Merc G55 or the more common &normal looking(cant remember its name prob ML55 or something) merc is better on the road than the Cayenne? I dont think so.
    No, I mean a Mercedes S600, a 5 or 7 Series sedan, for that Matter an Audi S4 etc. Most well manufactured high end Euro sedans.

Because people want to feel like they are able too, even if they cant take it too the woods, they can drive on a forrestroad even in the winter. Perhaps a mom would like a more roomy car, perhaps a middle aged man would like to believe he's giving out a sophisticated woodsman impression to everyone.
    Which brings us to:
    Yes I can see where that would be an important consideration when buying an expensive car.
    true, and it's as basing marketing as it gets and the more I think about it the more brilliant is the idea... and once again I begin to wonder what really is the problem with the cayenne.
    There is nothing wrong with it other than the concept, the pretence and the uneccesary size and 4x4 inclusion that we have both admitted is not required.
    A similar example would be to critizise the enzo, because Ferrari said it would be an F1 car for the road... BUT it isn't quite as fast and as raceable as an F1 car.
    But since no body but F1 drivers can drive let alon own F1 cars and then only at races, it means that if you have the money you can own a road registerable high performance car.
    It doesnt make them a bad company,"
    No it doesnt.
    they had an idea which they believed there was a market for, and they did it. Think about it.
    I suppose it damages the purists sensibilities of people who had held certain ideals about Porsche as a quintessential sports car manufacturer. Now they are merely a car manufacturer. Still it is idealistically naïve to believe that any company can afford to ignore commercial imperatives.
    I just dont see the negative side of the cayenne and they are also building less powerful & cheaper boxters just to widen their customer range, but people arn't critizising them because they look like "porsches"...
    Well the cheaper Boxters are still sports cars and as long as their performance matches their cost and they do not do bargain basement piles they are still fairly true to their heratage.

So in your opinion Porsche shouldnt do other cars than sportscars, if they do an SUV it WILL fail no matter how good it is?
    - Are YOU listed? -

I suppose it damages the purists sensibilities of people who had held certain ideals about Porsche as a quintessential sports car manufacturer. Now they are merely a car manufacturer. Still it is idealistically naïve to believe that any company can afford to ignore commercial imperatives.
    I dont think its this simple, but it might have changed their brand image a bit, thats true. Perhaps people will think twice about getting a porsche tatto now.

Well the cheaper Boxters are still sports cars and as long as their performance matches their cost and they do not do bargain basement piles they are still fairly true to their heratage.
    Maybe, but the Cayenne Turbo still owns every Boxter made. I think that's impressive.
    - Are YOU listed? -

So in your opinion Porsche shouldnt do other cars than sportscars, if they do an SUV it WILL fail no matter how good it is?
    No. I was debating this comment.

you mean making the best cars around? yeah theyr still doing that you know.

people dont stop saying how BAD it was of them to build the cayenne. i am fed up of hearing the cayenne beying labaled as "debacle" as someone said. its the best freaking SUV ariound. if it was some piece of junk like a ford explorer i would understand all the bashing, but the cayenne is an incredible vehicule.

porsche did something different, but they made sure they did it well. and that for me keeps theyr reputation intact.

They dont make the best cars around but further to that I was debating just how great a vehichle the Cayenne is. In my opinion it achieves nothing other than extra sales for Porsche, which I do not begrudge them.

I dont think its this simple, but it might have changed their brand image a bit, thats true. Perhaps people will think twice about getting a porsche tatto now.

Maybe, but the Cayenne Turbo still owns every Boxter made. I think that's impressive.
    ...How?

...How?
    Ok, perhaps I was exaggerating a bit, but the Cayenne is about as fast around a track as a porshe boxter, that's impressive... Ok, it costs more, but I think it has more to offer than the amazing speed.
    - Are YOU listed? -

No. I was debating this comment.

you mean making the best cars around? yeah theyr still doing that you know.

people dont stop saying how BAD it was of them to build the cayenne. i am fed up of hearing the cayenne beying labaled as "debacle" as someone said. its the best freaking SUV ariound. if it was some piece of junk like a ford explorer i would understand all the bashing, but the cayenne is an incredible vehicule.

porsche did something different, but they made sure they did it well. and that for me keeps theyr reputation intact.

They dont make the best cars around but further to that I was debating just how great a vehichle the Cayenne is. In my opinion it achieves nothing other than extra sales for Porsche, which I do not begrudge them.
    Got it. But it still is the SUV of my choise, so this comes down to nothing but matters of opinion. I think it kept the Porsche standard, you dont think it is as good in proportion as a 911 or a Boxter, Porshe is glad to be back in business, and rich middle aged men have something new to brag about at their summerhouses.
    - Are YOU listed? -

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs

Porsche Panamera: The fourth line
    Porsche is to bring out a four-door GT with V8 and V10-Motor in 2009 under the model name Panamera .
    The concept will be presented by autumn at the IAA to the public.
    After Cayman for the Boxster Coupé (debut on the IAA in the autumn) now Panamera for the fourth Porsche line.
    The Stuttgart sportscar manufacturers protected both names on the same day (15.1.2004) at the German patent office.
    At the latest by autumn this year Porsche wants to present its concept for the fourth line.
    The most important first in brief:
    It's a four-door and four-seated front engine car with rear- and all-wheel drive, V8 and V10-engines with a range from 340 to over 600 PS.
    The prices are to be settled between 100.000 and 150.000 €.
    Annually 20,000 units are focused.
    The assembly in Leipzig is to begin 2009.

Cool.
    that may well be, but the pic is obviously a chop, notes: cgt lights, stretched carrera body, boxster read quarters, its a good chop though
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    that may well be, but the pic is obviously a chop, notes: cgt lights, stretched carrera body, boxster read quarters, its a good chop though
    Well obviously the car isn't really ready yet if it's due to ship 2009...
    - Are YOU listed? -

Thread Information