Thread: any of ya play toca 2?

any of ya play toca 2?

as title says....any of ya play toca race driver 2?(or DTM race driver 2, they're the same).
    just wondering maybe we could make some tournaments since its got online mode......and its almost(not same) as GT4 for the ps2.
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

Beautiful game (graphics-wise). I have the demo and I feel that the game is just not worth it. It's good but it's nothing special. I still play it from time to time.
    "To control 800 horsepower relying just on arm muscles and foot sensitivity can turn out to be a dangerous exercise."
    Michael Schumacher

i wanted to buy it today, unfortunately its out of stock
    i bought the settlers: heritage of kings instead

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi
    i wanted to buy it today, unfortunately its out of stock
    i bought the settlers: heritage of kings instead
    I was thinking of getting that. How is it?
    "To control 800 horsepower relying just on arm muscles and foot sensitivity can turn out to be a dangerous exercise."
    Michael Schumacher

its good game, but it don't have the same atmosphere as the older ones

With a decent wheel and pedals setup Toca driver 2 ( aka V8 driver 2 and DTM driver @ IIRC ) is VERY good.

Excellent handlign of those cars I've been in in real life. So taking it one step further I REALLY want a shot in an Aussie V8 racer

The handling is quyite realistic if a little too forgiving when it starts to tank slap, with FF you can feel the fronts push out adn re-grip. Left-foot braking and heel-toeing work as the do in the real world, so they've got a lot going for them.

I'd say it's worth it, though to be fari I've not had time recently as I was CMR2005 and RBRing when I had time free.

BUT if anyoen else fancies a PC-based Toca Driver 2 "meet", glad to set one upat an agreed time. I'm MatraEtAlpine onlien - orginal huh
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

am TheOnerf....(yeah it sux i couldn't get TheOne.....someone else took it)

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

I have TOCA but i do not have the internet hooked up to my PS2 yet. The game so far is very good but I dont think it rivals Gt4.

I have it and it's the best for pc, but not the best sim, GT3 is much better, and GT4 blows it away. i'm getting the new stearimg wheel from GT4, it's really great 900 degrees

About online mode.. forget it, i've played it a couple of times, the online community is full of psychos that have no ideia of what a race track or brake pedal is!
    Last edited by ruim20; 03-07-2005 at 04:24 AM.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

i play toca race driver 2, great game, ive now 100% finished it
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20
    I have it and it's the best for pc, but not the best sim, GT3 is much better, and GT4 blows it away. i'm getting the new stearimg wheel from GT4, it's really great 900 degrees

About online mode.. forget it, i've played it a couple of times, the online community is full of psychos that have no ideia of what a race track or brake pedal is!
    hmm, yep on the online you need to find a good group to start with.

LOTS of kids straight off their PS2s looking to crash there way around and thinking sideways is fast

Re the GT, not tried GT4 yet, but GT3 was still well short of realistic with it's ease of sideways round corners still being fast. Drifting loses LOTS of time, but the arcade "players" prefer it over real "simulation". IF GT4 offers a real simulation mode it will be a huge step up ( but likely alienate most of their players )

Sadly games like GT have affected kids idea of going fast. I've taken some teenagers out in the A610 and they just go on ( and on and on ) about how it isnt' very fast round the corners and "can't you get the tail out". I usually get them to time a sequence of corners going fast and then again going "tail out" for them to get the real world picture ( Usually makes them queazy too - big difference doing it at home and in the car )
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 03-07-2005 at 11:25 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20
    thats why i asked here, am pretty sure there's some good drivers here that would like to compete on that, i was somewhat getting tired of racing ppl that would crash all the time at corners.(tho i still gotta learn some my self)

Thread Information