Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quelque chose très rare

Unfortunately I don't know how much a Barquette would fetch. Most probably less than a comparable Lotus or Genie (I hope)

Rene Bonnet D'Jet 1

Matra d'jet 5 - the design was carried over from the Bonnet company.
    Gordini rear engine, rear drive, fibreglass body on stell chassis.
    LOTS of money - sadly

the next M530 was also a design classic - Ford V4 rear engine rear drive, fibreglass on ladder chassis.

Laser special built on the M530 chassis - we know very little about it (Pieter/Wouter?)

These are all 1960s cars
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    I don't know whether it shares lots of Ferrari traits, but hey, which car from that era didn't? when I see the flat Barquette, it reminds me of a Lotus 23 or Elva. I didn't know the French made more exciting cars besides the Alpine, Matra and Bonnet Djet.
    And the Venturi?
    The best french cars ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Piacki_117
    And the Venturi?
    The best french cars ever?
    hmmmmm They DID make the follow on from the A610 that Renault SHOULD have let Alpine do

Anyway others ....

Simca CG

Simca Bertone

"A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

The Simca Bertone looks like a Volkswagen Type 3...

Last edited by Esperante; 03-13-2005 at 02:33 PM.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Well it took VW till 65 to do the fastback version. So they were 2 years after the little Simca
    BUT a lot of cars back then looked similar. There was less upset about copying back then

quite an insulting comparison, the VW and Bertones well balanced coupe. The VW was nothing more than a desparate styling effort to make the 1500 pontoon version look more sporty. Hopeless failure.
    The Simca shown is the harmless 1000 version, the car really started to take off when it was upgraded to 1200S specs, doing about 170 kph.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

[QUOTE=Matra et Alpine]

Simca CG

The front of this looks so much like an A110.

Yep, the French never seemed to have much issue with "borrowing" good designs.
    The Bonnet, Matra, Simca, Alpine and a few others all look quite similar - maybe more to the Alpine winning the Le Mans "efficiency" and the excellent aero styling

as Henk says, the 1200s were nice competitive machinery

OH SNAP! That looks like a Fiat 124/2000!
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

tut-tut, missed out the Ligier JS1 and JS2

You got to love those French curves

[img][/img]

Sadly only one JS1 was ever produced (the red one) fitted with a Ford V6 engine.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Sadly only one JS1 was ever produced (the red one) fitted with a Ford V6 engine.
    Three were built. The surviving one being the second and having been heavily restored in the 1999. Don't knwo if the other 2 history is known or just "lost" hopefully to be found someday in a gites

The first JS1 was powered by Ford 1600 in 1969. 1970 saw them using Ford 1800 engine doing national events and then they appeared at Le Mans in 71 using the Capri 2.6 V6 engine.

I have seen the surviving JS1 and at least two JS2s, of which one is again going to compete in the Tour Auto. I really like the look of that JS2 and it is very potent with the Cosworth V8.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    I have seen the surviving JS1
    THAT's IT, rub it in that YOU were at Retromobile and I wasn't
    B*****D !!!!!!!
    and at least two JS2s, of which one is again going to compete in the Tour Auto. I really like the look of that JS2 and it is very potent with the Cosworth V8.
    Yeah over 250 of the JS2s were built.
    Maserati V6, Ford V6 or Ford DFV options

but the Le Mans ones were sweet

The ORIGINAL V6 Maserati versions were more successful than the 1975 Fords ( OK the latter DID get 2nd overall at Le Mans, but not a lot else )
    [img][/img]

Thread Information