Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: and you though american and asian cars were the only with problems...

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia
    As I understand it, Mercedes spends about 50% of their profits from sales in USA on warranty repairs.
    Might that have been due to the 2003 class action lawsuit for $32million against them ? That's a LOT of profit lost in warranty payments ALSO locked them in to covering ANY engine problems with cars manufactured in 1999-2001 !!!! OUCH

Turns out US owners weren't using synthetic oil. The engine service monitor assumes synthetic, it wasn't warning the need for service at the right intervals and causing problems.

SORRY, but anyone who runs a decent car on cheap oil gets what they deserve, but NOT in the "land of litigation"
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne
    Mercedes is recalling for electrical problems.

gee i though mercedes was 1 of the better brands like BMW?, guess its probably cause they're somewhat owned by chrysler.

I allways thought that Asian cars had a good reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Fluppe
    I allways thought that Asian cars had a good reputation
    It seems to depend on where the factory and component sources are

Not all cars are made where you think !!!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    It seems to depend on where the factory and component sources are

Not all cars are made where you think !!!!
    Yeah, but if you recall 1.5 milion cars, it's for sure that they didn't come out of the same factory ( I assume ) so i think it's more of an engineering problem than something with the assembling...

Quote Originally Posted by Fluppe
    Yeah, but if you recall 1.5 milion cars, it's for sure that they didn't come out of the same factory ( I assume ) so i think it's more of an engineering problem than something with the assembling...
    sorry Fluppe, my confusion.

I meant not all ASIAN cars with emerging worsening reliability and increased recalls are coming from the Asian factories

Thread Information