Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: and you though american and asian cars were the only with problems...

and you though american and asian cars were the only with problems...

Mercedes is recalling for electrical problems.

gee i though mercedes was 1 of the better brands like BMW?, guess its probably cause they're somewhat owned by chrysler.
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne

gee i though mercedes was 1 of the better brands like BMW?, guess its probably cause they're somewhat owned by chrysler.
    Every car has a problems there is no such a thing no problem cars"NONE"
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Quote Originally Posted by QUATTRO MAN
    Every car has a problems there is no such a thing no problem cars"NONE"
    except fot the skyline, right?
    pondering things

guess mercedes arn't as good as BMW's these days, they can't match the Ultimate driving machine! lol
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

This reminds when ford recalled alot of cars aswell, due to a fault in the seat heater
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

mercedes? having reliability issues? SINCE WHEN??!?!?!?

my mom's brand new e-430 fell to shit, mercedes sucks ass, until they have better reliabilty, none of my family will buy one, except the cls500, which my mom wants

i have a theory that european cars are reported to have more porblems is because typically they are more expensive, and generally people with more money to spend will have been more succesful and have more money, and will be more picky when the car makes a small sound. whereas someone who drives a cheaper domestic car to get from a to b, wont really care if it makes a sound, thus european cars are reported as having more problems than others
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    i have a theory that european cars are reported to have more porblems is because typically they are more expensive, and generally people with more money to spend will have been more succesful and have more money, and will be more picky when the car makes a small sound. whereas someone who drives a cheaper domestic car to get from a to b, wont really care if it makes a sound, thus european cars are reported as having more problems than others
    your theory is flawed because Lexus is the most reliable BRAND OVERALL according to Consumer Reports (which has biblical status IMO) and Lexus is no poor man's brand.
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

i was just sayin cause most of the recall threads have been american cars, i was actually stating that no car company can stay away from that.(+ the added safety to whoever owns the cars recalled in ucp)
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    mercedes? having reliability issues? SINCE WHEN??!?!?!?
    Since they put computers and electric motors in to move EVERYTHING in the car.

A couple of years back they made a big announcement that they were removign 300 ( yes THREE HUNDRED ) electronic control systems from their cars to improve reliability. Sounds liek they tried to run before walking
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne

I'm not going to participate in the ongoing "this brand is more reliable than that brand" argument - just wanted to clear up the fact that it's the other way around - Benz owns Chrysler...
    ...Utah! Get me two...

Quote Originally Posted by d-quik
    your theory is flawed because Lexus is the most reliable BRAND OVERALL according to Consumer Reports (which has biblical status IMO) and Lexus is no poor man's brand.
    i refer you to the bolded letters

but yeah that makes sense, i just mean t in general euro cars get a bad rap, becuase generally the owners are more knowleageable
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Humans are imperfect beings so everything they make must be imperfect and flawed as well.

BMW has so much reliability because any car of theirs that is made in Germany is built by robots, not humans. i don't know about MB's manufacturing processes though
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Mercedes were really good, then quality fell over the last model generation - about 5 years - but now the newest cars are back up to a high quality standard.

The reliability of electrics is always a problem because if it is a piece of software that is affected, all the cars running that software can go wrong.

If it is a mechanical problem it usually only affects fewer cars because of the way parts are manufactured.

Mercedes' mechanical reliability is probably as good as it ever was, it is their extensive use of electronic systems that is causing problems.
    Thanks for all the fish

As I understand it, Mercedes spends about 50% of their profits from sales in USA on warranty repairs.

Thread Information