Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ford SVT Tsunami

Ford SVT Tsunami

http://www.gearfx.com/temp/detnews/B01-126029.htm

Dodge's reign over the performance truck market will be short-lived, as Ford plans to topple the SRT-10 this fall with a bigger, badder contender from SVT that is certainly worthy of the crown. With 512 horsepower and 640 lb.-ft. of pavement-ripping torque, the SVT Tsunami is likely to show the industry who's king after all.

"We paid attention to criticisms of past SVT products, but realize we can't take a one-size-fits-all approach" said Hau Thai-Tang, Ford's director of advanced product creation. "So now we've got the top-of-the-line Tsunami, rounding out the SVT lineup with usable cabin space and race-inspired performance while maintaining the versatility of a work truck."

Based on the Super Duty F-350 platform, the Tsunami is SVT's latest and most outrageous offering yet. But don't dismiss this pretty contractor vehicle as an overweight marketing toy. This truck means serious business and benefits from all of SVT's usual enhancements. Motivated by the familiar 6.8L Triton® SOHC SEFI 30-valve V10 engine, SVT promotes additional thrust with the help of an intercooled supercharger and tuned exhaust. This powerplant, also slated for use in the next generation Lightning, is more than adequate for propelling Ford's largest and heaviest weapon.

An SVT-tuned suspension and larger brakes round out the Tsunami's performance package, and aggressive styling including sculpted sills and a deeper fascia with SVT's trademark round fog lights differentiate the Tsunami from regular F350's. Unique 6-spoke wheels on wide rubber complete the look, giving the Tsunami a menacing stance. Interior appointments include the requisite white-faced gauges and special Alcantara sport seats in front and back, with bright metal trim and carbon-fiber accents to help express the sporting nature of this special Super Duty.

When the Tsunami hits the streets this fall, it will be the most powerful factory-built truck ever and just the kind of flagship vehicle SVT needs to reclaim its position at the top of the performance truck industry. Ford is expected to sell the Tsunami for just $54,795 -- significantly more than the starting price of a base-level F350 Super Duty.

Following next year's arrival of the Shelby Cobra GT500, SVT will launch the Sport Trac Adrenalin -- a sport utility truck based on the next-generation Explorer. The company has also committed to building a Lightning, based on the F-150, while Ford designers and engineers are contemplating an SVT version of the Fusion, Ford's new midsize sedan that will debut this fall alongside the Tsunami.

It's good to be the king.
    I'd rock one. TNKATOY But I think it's fake. April 1...
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

That's pretty cool, I wouldn't mind one, but the one thing it has against it is the "sporty" looks of the srt-10 Ram, this ford looks like a limo.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Given current events, the name seems pretty tasteless.

Quote Originally Posted by pdr
    I was going to say the same thing...

Thousands of people die every year from Lighting, Bullits, Vipers, Cobras, and Avalanches. It's a word. It was an unfortunate event, but if this story is true (which I doubt given its publishing date), Ford probably had the trademark on the name way before December of 04.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Performance on par with the ram.... judging by those huge wheels, huge bumpers, huge everything, including doors and bed, The weight will not be a factor at all!!

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    Thousands of people die every year from Lighting, Bullits, Vipers, Cobras, and Avalanches. It's a word. It was an unfortunate event, but if this story is true (which I doubt given its publishing date), Ford probably had the trademark on the name way before December of 04.
    yeah nobody suggested Porsche should rename the 911 ( maybe coz for most of the world the event was on 11/9 !! )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by pdr
    Yeah to tell you the truth i think it's a bit rude
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    Yeah thts true
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

exactly so what if its called the tsunami, many have happened in the past it doesnt mean you cant name a car TSUNAMI. its like saying you cant call the SVT lightning that because someone got killed by lightning..stupid.

Keyboard and mouses by the brand 'tsunami' were going cheap in the shops...

Land Rover had a couple of options for the name of the Range Rover Sport on of them was Tsunami, but they didn't call it that. I don't think it's moral to call it Tsunami
    I think Koenigsegg is Swedish for: "Oh no, my head's just exploded!"

Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    yeah nobody suggested Porsche should rename the 911 ( maybe coz for most of the world the event was on 11/9 !! )
    Wow I never even thought of that. I mean that the 911 should be renamed. And Americans whine about everything....but I also didn't realize its 11/9 for the rest of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver
    Wow I never even thought of that. I mean that the 911 should be renamed. And Americans whine about everything....but I also didn't realize its 11/9 for the rest of the world.
    UCP - we enlight people

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

10 minutes from Lingenfelter's... aren't you jealous?
    It's not called the Lightening because it not the same. It's a lot larger, and probably a little slower, I don't think it will be able to keep up with the Ram.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver
    Wow I never even thought of that. I mean that the 911 should be renamed.
    I can see the scene ... the Whitehouse Oval Office ......

GWB: Listen Cheney, we are going to bomb Stuttgart immediately.

RC: Why Mr President, sir, dark lord and master ?

GWB: Iv'e been revieing this intelligence and this group clearly had a hand in 9/11.

RC: How, oh illustrious one, please enlighten us.

GWB: I have many informations passed to me by our intelligence and looking at this information it is clear this group have been involved since 1963.

RC: Wow, you are so wonderful, let me have your babies ......

GWB: Later !! Look the CIA collected these pamphlets which they have been sending around the world since 1963 about 911. Now, they try to fool you and sometimes they use numnbers like 914 and 931 and the fools dont' even realise there aren't 31 days in September. Doesnt' anyone teach them that little poem, let me repeat it for you "thirty days hath .....

RC: MR PRESIDENT, PLEASE, later. What about this 911 plot you say you have concrete intelligence about, I hope it's better than that cr@p we got on Saddam

GWB. " .... and twenty nine each leap year"

RC: Yes, very good sir, now about this 911 plot.

GWB: Where's my gold star for saying my days of the months poem ?

RC: Here you are Mr President, have a purple star - see you're even better than daddy now !!

GWB: Thanks. NOW look at all this information the NSA has sent us. We've collcted these from people all over the country. We've arrested them without further evidence or trial and we're converting Dallas to be one huge prison - nobody wants to live there anyway

RC: OK, but why bomb Stuttgart.

GWB: Well I've studimified these pamphlets and noticed that they all come from the same address and we have launched a pre-emptive strike. It will bomb the living be-jesus out of this place in Suttgart-Zuffenhause in Germany.

RC: Have we asked the Germans ?

GWB: Hell no, they'll be just like those limeys and complain about lack of evidence. We've got all we need. Millions of these panphlets have been foudn all over America and the world and ALL of them talking about 911. We've all the evidence we need. I'll be the worlds smartest, bestest leader because I've removed the threat.

RC: erm, Mr President, looking at these "pamphlets", do you know who the ring leader is ?

GWB: Yep, it's even printed on there too. look ...

RC: Mr President, these "pamphlets" are brochures for cars from the Porsche company

GWB: aw shit ....... can we blame this on Clinton ???????

"A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information