Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: bugatti 16/4 vs dodge viper venom hennessey 800tt ?

hodl on.....by saying in yoru first sentence on ea 1/4 mile....were you comparing to teh (yes teh...doesn't deserve a the, it's too good for that)Elise? The Lingenfelter would beat the Elise for shure.....or wait....im confused...
    And yes I would have to agree with you that on a twisty course the Elise would beat everythign else, even the 16.4.

Quote Originally Posted by GT500
    hodl on.....by saying in yoru first sentence on ea 1/4 mile....were you comparing to teh (yes teh...doesn't deserve a the, it's too good for that)Elise? The Lingenfelter would beat the Elise for shure.....or wait....im confused...
    YOU: Now let's put em both up against a Lingenfelter Vette 427 TT and see them both get beaten....
    ME: Only on a 1/4 mile

So yes, I was saying the Elise would lose in a 1/4 mile. More effective (bigger) rubber can go on the Lingenfelter and even with the optimal RR I think the Elise would struggle with launch. The fastest lightweights are twin-bike-engined Lotus & copies driving 4 wheels. Problem with lightness is it reduces traction too. So straightline launch from 0 aren't as good as Heavier cars with same power/weight

And yes I would have to agree with you that on a twisty course the Elise would beat everythign else, even the 16.4.
    I'm not a devotee of 1/4 mile so I prefer the twisty roads and tracks performance

PS: What's with the 'teh' comments ? I'm sorry when my disability surfaces in my typing but it doesn't help if you're taking the piss !!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

meh....teh is just something I always use....ok fine. "the".

I wonder how fast an Elise could go through a 600 ft slalom......

Quote Originally Posted by GT500
    meh....teh is just something I always use....ok fine. "the".

I wonder how fast an Elise could go through a 600 ft slalom......
    I'd be more interested in real road turns.
    The problem with a slalom is you could set up the spring and dampers to assist the car in a fixed slalom. Setting the suspension resonance at the smae frequency as the bends would have the springs HELP the car into the subsequemt turns.
    In trying to optimise track racers you're trying to decide which corner or sequence of corners you can gain the most by setting the car to be optimal for those.
    Same with rallying - though much harder to get right
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Well lets see for the price of one veyron you get about 12-13 Dodge Viper's
    which means while the viper needs time to win the race and for top speed, the Veyron would be completely boxed in by the other vipers surrounding it, thus losing the race

talk about being thrown into the snake pit
    UCP's No. 1 source for Enzo pic's

Pretty sure the 800TT will beat the Veyron to the 1/2 mile. In top speed, Bugatti only estimates a top speed of 252 mph. No Veyron has ever actually reached that speed, not even a prototype. If a limiter is in place, like this article below suggests, then the 800TT might very well beat the Veyron in top speed too. A normally aspirated Venom 650R has already done 207 mph, but forget about either of these Venoms. Hennessey has been turning out 1000TT's for some time now.

http://www.autoweek.com/search/searc...56135&record=3

or if the viper had the power and speed of the bugatti veyron 16.4 the new bugatti if the viper had the speed and power of the bugatti viper hands down. that's if the viper had all the speed and power of the bugatti

Quote Originally Posted by GT500 View Post
    mm...the Elies is a very nice car.

I actually think the 16.4 would win, It accelarates much faster than the 800TT after about 90mph or so I've heard from soem people...

Now let's put em both up against a Lingenfelter Vette 427 TT and see them both get beaten....
    hey buddie, you have no idea what ur taqlking about, the viper's top speed is 230, and the 16/4's top is 245, the vette's top is 202 dude

I fcuken hate this threads and feel inclined to rag up on any viper fanboys trying to put a chrylser in the same boat as the Bugatti. Its pathetic!
    RUF CTR Yellowbird is what dreams are made of

Quote Originally Posted by h22a View Post
    I fcuken hate this threads and feel inclined to rag up on any viper fanboys trying to put a chrylser in the same boat as the Bugatti. Its pathetic!
    Isn't the comparison between the Venom and the Veyron? The Venom starts out as a Viper.....but the Venom is changed enough that you can't really call it a Viper anymore......small point with nearly no real relevance, but meh.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ View Post
    Isn't the comparison between the Venom and the Veyron? The Venom starts out as a Viper.....but the Venom is changed enough that you can't really call it a Viper anymore......small point with nearly no real relevance, but meh.
    Well the Bugatti is a jumped up Volkswagen Corrado, so they are just equal...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Well the Bugatti is a jumped up Volkswagen Corrado, so they are just equal...
    Zing!
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Thread Information