Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2001 Nissan Skyline 300GT

Question 2001 Nissan Skyline 300GT

http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/l...on-8062321.htm can someone tell me what the hell that car is, i've never seen it or heard of it until today.

i think its the american model skyline sedan
    I am the Stig

damn, sky's there are so ****in ugly there, damn, no wonder americans think jap cars are POS

different cultures, different tastes
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    i think its the american model skyline sedan
    The US does not import any Nissan Skyline models. The J-spec models have to be specially imported..

lol

cptgunther is right, there is no such thing as an American model Skyline. The only way that I know of to import a Skyline into the U.S. is through Motorex. A company based in california that imports them on demand, makes them U.S. smog legal, and converts them to left drive if you wish. They also install mods for your Skyline if you would like.

That car however is an Infiniti G35, at least that's what they're called in the states.
    Most wanted cars:

Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, Nissan Skyline R-34 V-Spec II, 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang, VW Golf R32, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vanquish S

Still waiting.....Shelby Cobra, Shelby GR1, 2006 Ford Lightning, Next generation SVT Mustang Cobra 2006? Mazda Speed RX8

oh aye, but its made by nissan right, anyways it might be called infiniti in the states but surely it must have other names in other places, yeah i know of motorex, i've been to their site and also heard of them quite a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by more-boost1555
    That car however is an Infiniti G35, at least that's what they're called in the states.

well it had to be one or the other, its possible its a skyline sedan in japan and the G35 in america
    I am the Stig

So then I take it...

you guys never saw one in real life before? I guess the G35 didn't make it to Australia/New Zealand for some reason. Maybe they thought you guys were too caught up with your Falcons and Monaros to take interest in it.
    Most wanted cars:

Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, Nissan Skyline R-34 V-Spec II, 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang, VW Golf R32, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vanquish S

Still waiting.....Shelby Cobra, Shelby GR1, 2006 Ford Lightning, Next generation SVT Mustang Cobra 2006? Mazda Speed RX8

you guys never saw one in real life before? I guess the G35 didn't make it to Australia/New Zealand for some reason. Maybe they thought you guys were too caught up with your Falcons and Monaros to take interest in it.
    cant you read??????????????????? theres a good chance its called skyline in japan and other places and G35 in the states. besides what are you talking about 99% of your american cars are crap

For the G35 to compete with Falcons and Commodores, its too upmarket. Nissan Australia are thinking of importing the G35 rather as an alternative for buyers who want a 4 seater 350Z, plus Nissan already have the Maxima here
    I am the Stig

Red face hey hey hey....

Quote Originally Posted by r34_296kw
    cant you read??????????????????? theres a good chance its called skyline in japan and other places and G35 in the states. besides what are you talking about 99% of your american cars are crap
    First off, there is no chance it is called a Skyline anywhere. Why? Because it isn't! You know of the R34 right? That was the last generation of Skylines they made, there is no R35 yet. So if there is no R35, and that car is not an R34 or any other generation of Skyline, how the hell can it be a Skyline?!

It is an Infiniti G35. I know for a fact it isn't called that outside of the united states because Infiniti only exists to sell high end models to Americans. I have no idea what it is called outside the U.S., probably just a Nissan G35, but I don't know. I thought maybe you would being as you live in New Zealand, and I was surprised that you had never seen one in real life. Then I assumed that Nissan decided not to import the G35 to Oz/New Zealand because you guys love your Falcons and Monaros/Commodores.

I wasn't trying to imply that there was anything wrong with those car's, in fact I'd love to see the Falcon make it's way over to America. I'm a huge Ford fan and it would be awesome to see them bring a four door performance vehicle to the U.S. market.

Lastly, don't ever say anything about American cars again. Maybe you hadn't noticed, but American company's own both Holden and Ford (obviously). Also try naming one car made outside of the U.S. that's faster than a Corvette or Ford GT for the same price.
    Most wanted cars:

First off, there is no chance it is called a Skyline anywhere. Why? Because it isn't! You know of the R34 right? That was the last generation of Skylines they made, there is no R35 yet. So if there is no R35, and that car is not an R34 or any other generation of Skyline, how the hell can it be a Skyline?!

It is an Infiniti G35. I know for a fact it isn't called that outside of the united states because Infiniti only exists to sell high end models to Americans. I have no idea what it is called outside the U.S., probably just a Nissan G35, but I don't know. I thought maybe you would being as you live in New Zealand, and I was surprised that you had never seen one in real life. Then I assumed that Nissan decided not to import the G35 to Oz/New Zealand because you guys love your Falcons and Monaros/Commodores.

I wasn't trying to imply that there was anything wrong with those car's, in fact I'd love to see the Falcon make it's way over to America. I'm a huge Ford fan and it would be awesome to see them bring a four door performance vehicle to the U.S. market.

Lastly, don't ever say anything about American cars again. Maybe you hadn't noticed, but American company's own both Holden and Ford (obviously). Also try naming one car made outside of the U.S. that's faster than a Corvette or Ford GT for the same price.
    Dont get too upset with R34s comments . He wouldnt know 10% of American cars anyway. you do have some shitty front wheel drive family type cars though. Do Ford or GM make many rear wheel drive family sedans?
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

I'm not trying to make anyone made, or anything of the sort, But, the G35 basically is a new model of the nissan Skyline, coupe and sedan. Look it up on the nissan.co.jp site and it tells it all. There are many skylines that arn't in the R series. Look at the skyline 4door sedan while the R34 was out. So yea, if you want an american skyline without importing, thats the closest you can get.
    Taking in donations for a Lancia Delta Integrale, please be considerate of a fellow forum member....:)

i'd be careful with what you say r34, you said it yourself the moderators are keeping a close eye on you
    I am the Stig

Thread Information