It wasnt my fault! Really! There I was , accelerating, slooooowly mind you, down my street when, BANG!!, the clutch lets go from first to second. Still had some feedback from the pedal but no disengagment. So I get it to the dealership (still under warranty) and they phone me to say that the clutch isnt covered. "Sorry", I counter, " I beleive it is the pressure plate that has failed, not a matter of wear and tear on the clutch." " Oh but there is scoring on the flywheel and clutch and when Holden see this they are pretty funny about these thing and they will say it has to do with the driving." tries the service guy. "Well I dont actually care what they say", I respond, not yet raising my voice, much, " I will have it checked by independant sources and we can take it from there", " by the way I am not a complete idiot in these matters and I have spoken to my brother in law (name withheld) who used to be a partner at (name again witheld but his service shop is a big customer and does a lot of work for this dealership) and he says..."' "Oh you are ........s brother inlaw?" comes the question. "Yes." "Well I will get the service manger involved and I think the Holden rep will be inhere tomorrow and I will get back to you."

Well I spoke to my brother inlaw (who has chosen to be on holidays on the other side of the gulf at the moment ) and he said to persue the matter. I spoke to another mate at another Holden dealership and he said to go for it too. So armed with this I phone this morning. "Yeah we checked it (again?) and the pressure plate is FINE, its the clutch plate and fleywheel which are scored." comes the reply. "Well explain how I have feedback on the clutch pedal and the clutch wont disengage and I have NO slipping, yet the clutch is scored and the pressure plate is fine?" "Oh well the pressure plate has some scorching." Huh!. "Come down and have a look." Yeah right. "Leave it with me, I respond."
So I phone my brother inlaws ex partner, "can I bring in the pressure plate and get you to check?". "yep , no worries."
In the interim my brother inlaw has pulled rank from 200km away , phoned the dealership, told them to get the pressure plate pressure tested and is gong to speak t a mate he has who is the Holden rep for the dealership.
With a replacement cost of $1250 parts only I will be awaiting the outcome with much anticipation.
I will keep you posted.
Amusingly (like I cant stop laughing ) I was on my way to check out a Landcruiser that I may be trading the SV8 on (I know!) when it went tits up. May have made my decision for me.