Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Xbox 360 - Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz_
    consoles will still grow fast, and imho, they will be the number one gaming choice by a country mile, the reasons have already been stated so i wont go through them again.
    But the only ones that I think count are price - nobody's really producing a MS-box for less than $100 and MARKETING - ie keeping the BEST games OnLy on the concolse to ensure sales of the hardware. It's the software that is now tha attraction for the buyer, not the boxes
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

lol i beg to differ, in a recent research, eye candy doesnt have as much impact as once thought, meaning that gameplay is a more crucial factor in choosing games, and consoles are known for first party solid games, and besides, the essential software comes with consoles, DVD players, backwards compatibility, HD access, internal ard drives, media centres, its all there for the current consoles, and the next gen. consoles will make sure that the PC gaming industry wont control the market. Price, the xbox is around AUS$220, thats a great price imo, that the friggin price for an allrite graphics card or great sound card!!!! and the xbox supports 5.1, plays DVD's, u can burn and play cd's, imagine what the nxt xbox and ps2 will be!

PC better watch out, hardware and software is waay to expensive, look @ the price of photoshop and MS Windows, jeez. Buying a console is much the better choice in most instances. Even then, if a game, a BRILLIANT GAME was available on a PC or console, i would still buy it for the console, why? resale value, you can always burn it, save it on the hard drive, and besides, i dont have to worry about the countles driver upgrades for the computer, the updates from developers, and so on. Anyway, we can now download maps and mods from console internet now.

Bye bye PC.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

lol i beg to differ, in a recent research, eye candy doesnt have as much impact as once thought, meaning that game play is a more crucial factor in choosing games, and consoles are known for first party solid games, and besides, the essential software comes with consoles, DVD players, back wards compatibility, HD access, internal Arda drives, media centres, its all there for the current consoles, and the next gen. consoles will make sure that the PC gaming industry wont control the market. Price, the xbox is around AUS$220, thats a great price imo, that the friggin price for an allrite graphics card or great sound card!!!! and the xbox supports 5.1, plays DVD's, u can burn and play cd's, imagine what the nxt xbox and ps2 will be!
    Blitz, I think I failed to explain it clearly.
    SOFTWARE is what is the difference was what I said and THAT is about gameplay not eye-candy. Eye-candy is all about shading and lighting and hardware graphics capability.

Which PC games have you compared with console games to arrive at the conclusion of "essential software comes with consoles" ?

The point about the capability of the hardware is that PCs are ALREADY doing 7.1 The drawback of consoles is the need to commit to silicon nd board layout WELL in advance to be able to reduce costs through volume and THEN not changing it. Hence as soon as the design is locked-down it is obsolete

have you tried playing a DivX movie in an XBox ?? or XVid ??? or quicktime movies or streaming movies ??? All need modded hardware to support XMP

On the pricing, you can buy the equivalent graphics card in the current XBox for $25 !! YES, when the new xbox comes out it will be fast and be on a par with the $150 graphics cads - as the original was - but the graphics cards drop in price the performance goes up and it ends up back a year pr two later with the equivalence of a $25 graphic card performance.

PC better watch out, hardware and software is waay to expensive, look @ the price of photoshop and MS Windows, jeez.
    PK, what's the price of photoshop on the XBox ? or any console ?
    That's like complaining about the price of truck tyres when you drive a Mini
    Bill prices to what the market can stand. So WindowsCE is cheaper, Windows Mobile version cheaper still. If you're a mass producer you could get Windows OS for $5 a copy - as long as you committed to millions
    It's an irrelevance to separate things out, pricing is to match a price point. So for the last 5 years the fastest PC has cost $1000. Consoles come in at $249 then to $199 then $149 and finally hitting $99 when they're "old". Pricing to the market, NOT the manufacturing or design
    With new "slimmed-down" media-centres then for a family I think you'll see the PC come to the ascendancy again and the XBox will be a part of that portfolio. So one BIG machine in a cupboard somewhere with half a dozen cheap devices spread around the house and with family members All coming together to provide way in advance of what we can experience today. So the central 'bit' might cost a grand and the remotes $100, for a large family home a clear winner over multiple consoles and hi-fi and video recorder etc.
    Buying a console is much the better choice in most instances. Even then, if a game, a BRILLIANT GAME was available on a PC or console, i would still buy it for the console, why? resale value, you can always burn it, save it on the hard drive, and besides, i dont have to worry about the countles driver upgrades for the computer, the updates from developers, and so on.
    If you dont' want to you don't' have to do that either.
    IF you want a PC to do the same job it did when you first bought it you don't HAVE to upgrade.
    It always makes me smile at this "complaint". Like you have the option with a console
    Anyway, we can now download maps and mods from console internet now.

Bye bye PC.
    So is counter-strike the same on half-life for Windows and XBox ?
    What about Call Of Duty ? Having just played some at my nephews the number of maps in the PC world is amazing. About time the consoles caught on to proper network play. Do they share map with XBox and PC - the BIGGEST mistake I think MS is making !!!

Are there any large scale LAN competition for console games as there are with PC gamers ??
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Nice argument there, but i still prefer to have a console, at least the next generation consoles anway. Once released, they will either be like the gamecube, where thier sole purpose will be for gaming, i hope this is not the case for the xbox 360. I think it will be a class act, even with new media formats such as mp4, blu-ray and so on, the final design and production console will be something that will appeal to everyone and give PC a big scare. It will most probably play all types of new media and will be released with the ability to play upcoming formats not known the the public yet. Furthermore they will be very close to being a system that can be considered a consumers no.1 choice for audio needs etc. Cost will always play a part, even when prices fall it takes time for that to happen.

Unfortunately, conversions from PC to xbox AND vice versa dont do so well as every one might like to predict, but im hoping that the online community for consoles will grow, its alot more comfortable imo coz i get to sit down on a comfy sofa with some mates, and even link up 4 xbox's or just play online in comfort instead of using the damn keyboard and mouse all the damn time, i also bypass all the windows start up and other issues such as firewalls etc.

Lol 16 players me thinks is the largest you can do for consoles, but ive always seen LAN gatherings where hundreds of nerds come to commune as HIGHLY nerdy, mite not be, just my opinion. THen again at those lans u dont get to sit down on sofa's and play or pull otha peoples cords out to piss em off

- The line for the PS3

I've helped run LAN parties for the kids for the last 6-8 year. One of them now has a PortaKabin in their rear garden JUST for runnign them. 16 at a time, all comformtable

Re conversion, coments abotu "Fable" ported from XBox to PC -- Finally, the new coat of paint being applied to the surface of Fable is fantastic. PC gamers are quite familiar with the graphical possibilities that a powerful hardware set-up delivers. While the Xbox version could be quite blurry, the PC version is crisp and clear. After seeing the game running, it's hard to imagine ever wanting to play on that silly console ever again. - from an on-line reviewer.

The problem with concolse is ecemplified by the PSP. A 'new' media incompatibel with EVERYTHING in the world and no writers. Consoles benefits are their closed unchanging envir0onment, unfortunately that it also their flaw

Uncle Bill plans the XBox to become the family media centre for those who dont' want a PC. What is interesting though is how the industry has already moved to achieve that now and will do even more so in the year it takes next gen XBox to be on the dtreets in volume BUT Microsoft licensing will ensure the success of XBox through it's economic might. So just as the world ended up with PCs instead of Mac so we risk ending up with console instead of 'media centre'

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    BUT Microsoft licensing will ensure the success of XBox through it's economic might. So just as the world ended up with PCs instead of Mac so we risk ending up with console instead of 'media centre'
    If people dont want to buy it, they still will, but ONLY ATM. Xbox still has a lot of competition from PS2. I guess now though everybodys going to forget the PS2 and go for the Xcoc. But, now that PS3 has been announced for next year, once it comes out everybody will forget Xcox and get the PS3. So I think its onlt a short period of time the Xcox id going to live. Unless, of course, Uncle Kill brings out another version by the time PS3 is out.

(UNGODLY amount og ransomness here: Yay! Finally managed to type something successfully entirely without looking at the keyboard! )
    Last edited by spi-ti-tout; 04-26-2005 at 08:02 AM.

^^ aha, referring to the Xbox as Xcox is pretty lame, laughable, and uncle kill? hmmm i could walk next door and ask the 4 yr old shithead if he had a better name.( i dont believe that u accidentaly typed in Xcox seeing as teh c is 2 letters over from B, but if im wrong then i apologise ) If the PS3 does get released before the next xbox its no biggy, consumers will be wanting to see which is the better, or better yet they will buy both. Xbox 360 is touted as having superior hardware to the PS3, and so it should, its assumed it has greater funding and new suppliers from AMD.

^^ oh and matra, the exact moment they said "silly console" i knew it was a PC fanboy, undeniable evidence that is unavoidable. Fable IS a great game, and is hard to screw up, seeing as controls would be well suited to its gameplay, and "quite blurry" jeez man, he musta been poor, ive got a 56cm flat screeen in my room and it plays crystal clear, i watched some1 play it on a high definition plasma, and OMG that was perfect. And it proves that his fanboy quality comes out into the open as he cares for eye candy rather than gameplay. I bet you he would be stupid enough to say FFX is better than FFVII based on graphics.

LANS are ok, but still nerdish, something about all the wires, sitting up straight in the chairs, and well u know. Im just so used to lounging around on a sofa and muckin around with halo2 kickin some european ass.

- The line for the PS3

On the topic of games...

Quote Originally Posted by theinquirer.net
    WITH THE XBOX 360 launch just around the corner, the web is starting to heat up with new information, as those in the know burst to tell all.

The console is reported to have up to 20 titles available at launch, with another 20 following later in the month. Names floated around include Burnout 4, Project Gotham Racing 2, as well as Need For Speed Underground 3, as we reported some months ago.

We also reported way back in time that the Xbox will come in versions with and without a hard drive. It now appears that the hard drive is a) 40GB and b) pre-loaded with Halo '2.5', which will be an updated version of Halo 2 with hi-res textures, in widescreen, designed for HDTV.

Microsoft's decision to launch two versions with and without the hard drive could still come back and sting it.

Analysts are wondering what use the drive will have when it comes to games, if developers can't guarantee its presence in the system. More likely, it will end up as a media storage device and not much else. µ

lol i use my storage for ripped music and saved games, then again i have a chipped xbox and i have all my games on there

- The line for the PS3

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    ^^ aha, referring to the Xbox as Xcox is pretty lame, laughable, and uncle kill? hmmm i could walk next door and ask the 4 yr old shithead if he had a better name.( i dont believe that u accidentaly typed in Xcox seeing as teh c is 2 letters over from B, but if im wrong then i apologise )
    You Prat!
    Why do you think I mentioned that I hadn't looked at the keyboard if I had written everything wong?

If the PS3 does get released before the next xbox its no biggy, consumers will be wanting to see which is the better, or better yet they will buy both. Xbox 360 is touted as having superior hardware to the PS3, and so it should, its assumed it has greater funding and new suppliers from AMD.
    I meant if PS3 is unvieled after Xbox 360

lol Prat aye, hahahaha its war now biatch

- The line for the PS3

lol i use my storage for ripped music and saved games, then again i have a chipped xbox and i have all my games on there
    erm that stops you playing online tho'

no it doesnt, i have a chip that lets me play online, i think ur thinking of the early chips that only played ur burnt games

- The line for the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor
    However, this comes at a price for gaming on a PC. For one, the newest hardware is very expensive. A high end video card costs 2 or 3 times more than the current consoles and that alone will not run any games. For those not running the latest hardware compatibility becomes an issue. Does the PC specification meet those of the game, are the drivers compatible, or are there hardware configuration issues.
    2-3 times more ? Thats 600 to 900 $$. I don't think many people buy top of the line vid cards esp. that high just to play a game. I don't no where you buy your vid cards but that seems pretty high. The TOP of the line vid card cost like $600 but you don't really need that. You can get a badass vid card for $200 that works great on almost all games that i know of... http://www.pricewatch.com I have a POS GeForce MX 400 that plays most games pretty good and I know a Radeon 9600 XT 128mb can run the games im playing really good and it only costs $100 and thats basically all you need.
    Last edited by shr0olvl; 04-27-2005 at 04:37 AM.

no it doesnt, i have a chip that lets me play online, i think ur thinking of the early chips that only played ur burnt games
    ooooh, you got a source for them ??

Thread Information