Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Xbox 360 - Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by shr0olvl
    2-3 times more ? Thats 600 to 900 $$. I don't think many people buy top of the line vid cards esp. that high just to play a game. I don't no where you buy your vid cards but that seems pretty high. The TOP of the line vid card cost like $600 but you don't really need that. You can get a badass vid card for $200 that works great on almost all games that i know of... http://www.pricewatch.com I have a POS GeForce MX 400 that plays most games pretty good and I know a Radeon 9600 XT 128mb can run the games im playing really good and it only costs $100 and thats basically all you need.
    My point is that cutting edge hardware in the PC world is expensive, and gaming is no exception. Not everyone buys cutting edge but even middle ground is expensive. Not to mention a SLI motherboard will allow you to run two PCI-E video cards (doubling the price).

I don’t buy top-end and I know you can get relatively inexpensive video cards that run well. However, at what price to buy PC hardware is very subjective so I did not see any reason to get into all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor
    My point is that cutting edge hardware in the PC world is expensive, and gaming is no exception.
    I tihnk the point is Alastor, that the "PC cutting edge" is SO far in advance of consoles by the time they come out that you shoudl really be comparing mid/low-end items. Look at processor speed, memory, bus speed, graphic render rates, GigaLan. 2 years ago it was expensive to produce what you can get for $300 NOW.

When comparing any PRICE it is important to be using comprabel PERFORMANCE or it's pointless
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Theres no way of knowing at the moment which of the two consoles (360 & PS3) will be the more powerful. Sony havent even anounced the GPU for the PS3. I think the 360 will be easier to program for because of the new XNA development kits that allow developers to make games a hell of alot quicker.
    coltyu. d;-)!

Matra, if u were in Australia i'd be giving u the info faster than martha stewart to home craft, the Alladin chip that is in mine is Australian made, but find out about a Matrix chip that does the same, i think its better as well, hope this helps u out.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz"quite blurry"
    jeez man, he musta been poor, ive got a 56cm flat screeen in my room and it plays crystal clear, i watched some1 play it on a high definition plasma, and OMG that was perfect.
    A common mistake to make is to comapre the Xbox/PS2 output on a TV display system.
    UNLESS it is a HDTV model with 1080i or 720i then the TV display is configured for approx 500 lines. Yeap that's down at old VGA resolutions.
    Regardless of the actual panel pixel resolution then image mapping is at old NTSC/PAL resolutions - ie VGA

So it looks sharp because the fundamental display isnt' capable of showing any better. Check it out on a decent HDTV panel and you'
    ll be amazed at how much infromatio is lost in the lower resolutions.

[QUOTE] And it proves that his fanboy quality comes out into the open as he cares for eye candy rather than gameplay. I bet you he would be stupid enough to say FFX is better than FFVII based on graphics.[/QONTE]
    In FPS then it's not jsut "eye candy" it'sa about being able to see the opponent earlier !!

LANS are ok, but still nerdish, something about all the wires, sitting up straight in the chairs, and well u know. Im just so used to lounging around on a sofa and muckin around with halo2 kickin some european ass.
    So does wireless LANs not work in your area ? Nueclear EMP pulses from underground testing maybe ??
    No need for cables. Though most folsk runnign seriosu LAN Parties will still go cabled. And HOW do you do a FPS or race game for 16 mates on a console ? Remind me coz you can't all manage to get down the one connection and NOT get hurt by the latency
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I'm going to go with a new XBox 360. the big talk is of several versions, with and without HDDs. Wireless Controllers would be fine, as long as they do what Logitec do, and have a recharger on the console. On logitec wireless mice you sit it in the reciver and it recharges the battery. The XBox will most likely be more powerful, they've got themselves a deal with ATi, the XBox will most likely run more RAM, decreasing load times and loads in general, though I think the PS3 might be getting a special CPU. Also, Gamespy.com says Forza is better than GT4, suck on that! I'm gonna get it next holidays
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

In all the links on press releases for the launch I foudn this .....

chief Xbox officer Robert Bach, ....suggested the future of console gaming may be already be on your desk.

"Our view is the innovation driver is the PC, and will be the PC going forward," Bach said. While he wasn't suggesting the two gaming worlds will merge, Bach indicated that PCs are the proving ground for tomorrow's console technology, at least in Microsoft's view.

As with the original Xbox, most of the components Microsoft is working with have come from PCs, before they are incorporated into gaming consoles and optimized for gaming. But even though Microsoft first made a splash in the video game market by releasing the most powerful console available at the time, Bach made it clear that Microsoft's vision is that the technology is simply a means to an end. Since the Xbox console itself is actually a money loser for Microsoft, the company is keeping its eyes on where the profits lie: software.

WOW did it NEVER make profit ? OUCH, they have GOT to do somethign abotu that with the 360 surely

Has it been unveiled on MTV in America yet?

I wish i have an X-box... Great console to play games...
    Everything ends at 666...
    666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeding Heart View Post
    I wish i have an X-box... Great console to play games...
    aside from the fact you ressurrected another dead topic, :

Pagani Zonda F

7.3 L twinturbo V-12

power... 1,200 bhp
    0-60 mph... 2.3 sec
    0-100 mph... 5.1 sec
    top speed... 275 mph (dynomometer test)
    Torque... 1,572 Nm
    1/4 mile... 7.1 sec...

Yes... It's fast... Somehow though, i can't use all this speed with modern day traffic... so, it's absolutely useless..
    Toyota Camry/ Toyota Aurion 3.5 L V-6... 16.5 km/liter
    Thus... it still delivers 277 bhp

compared to:
    Nissan 350Z 3.5 L v-6... 9 km/liter
    280 bhp

Mitsubishi Eclipse 3.8 L V-6... 9km/liter
    263 bhp

The camry/aurion 3.5L... i think has the most efficient six cylinder engine when it comes to power output and fuel economy...
    and you can't afford an xbox?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Thread Information