Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spanish Grand Prix

Spanish Grand Prix

Watched my first F1 race this year (although partly). Last year it was said that races were boring because Ferrari always won. Now that they are not winning I can't say that racing has become less boring. Somebody (you know who) sitting next to me fell asleep.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

My favourite Sunday afternoon activity is taking a nap while watching Formula 1.

Luckily they race every second Sunday

I just don't watch it anymore or at least not the whole Grand Prix. I'm happy SBS6 started to broadcast the summary of the race...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

raikkonen won, schumacher 15th

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik
    raikkonen won, schumacher 15th
    I am fully aware of that, but it did not do anything for excitement
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Renault is completely dominating F1 right now..
    "In UCP I TRUST".

Certainly not the most "exciting" race this year though. Probably the worst in terms of overtaking and actual racing.

Nice to see that the McLaren can win if bits aren't being knocked off, deflated or snapping.

Not so nice to see that Ron hasn't fired Montoya yet...

Destroyed the car on Friday with an explanation of "I don't know what happened".
    Qualifiyed 7th, 2 entire seconds slower than Raikkonen and then went on to a completely unremarkable race except for a complete 360° spin, for which, again, no real explanation was offered.

Not the actions of a man desperate to make a comeback after being put to shame by the results of McLaren's two test drivers.
    Thanks for all the fish

sadly the race showed the fundamental FLAW in the tyres rule.

So MS had to drive till a rear tyre deflates - dangerous.
    BUT the team can't change any otehr tyre as they are NOT showing "damage" that woudl pass inspection.

So MS has to return to racing for the front tyre on the same side deflate adn taek him off the track.

Nope, didnt' agree with it when it was announced and I think today jsut showed it si a stupid rule and significantly reduces safety. What if that left front had let go at 180+ on a straight ? The teams NEED to be able to change tyres when they want without having to worry if they can PROVE them to be dangerous !!!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

i watched all races this season and it was certainly not the most exciting one. i was really looking forward to seeing three ferraris and three mclarens, unfortunately only 18 cars took part in the race
    12 cylinders or walk!

Yet another snore fest. I thought Ferrari not winning would make it more fun. It hasn't.

I also don't understand why they felt it necessary to have 2 qualifying sessions. I thought they were trying to cut costs? Now teams have to pay the mechanics for another session, and there's more wear on the cars. If they want to do a 2 lap qualifying format, run the 2 laps at the same time. Or go back to the 12 lap qualifying format. That was fun to watch.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

They need to got to a spec tyre and stop the ridiculous tyre competition, let the cars/drivers compete.

Michael Schumacher's climb to the top was the only exciting part about the race, it all ended with his tires blew up. So the Bridgestone tires are too slow for quali and too weak for the race. Sad.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

I think that previous seasons proved that Bridgestone kinda sucks ass. I wonder why Ferrari hasn't terminated contract with them. Anyone knows something more about it? (and please don't tell me that Ferrari uses Bridgestone because they have better tyres than Michelin, they don't, ok?)
    Write five of your favourite cars in your signature.
    1. Ascari KZ1 2. Maybach Exelero 3. Pininfarina Birdcage
    4. Aston Martin DB9 5. BMW M6
    My ride: '97 Kia Sportage

Quote Originally Posted by emperor
    I think that previous seasons proved that Bridgestone kinda sucks ass. I wonder why Ferrari hasn't terminated contract with them. Anyone knows something more about it? (and please don't tell me that Ferrari uses Bridgestone because they have better tyres than Michelin, they don't, ok?)
    Basically the deal Ferrari has with Bridgestone results in them getting a tyre almost exclusively designed for the particular characteristics of their car. With Michelin they have to produce a tyre that will perform well for 7 different chassis/aerodynamics setups, so there is inevitably some compromise. Bridgestone produse their tyre to meet Ferrari's specific requirements and the other Bridgestone runners (Jordan, Minardi) just get whatever they end up with. Sauber used to run Bridgestones but tore up their contract this winter because they were unhappy with the blatant favouritism towards Ferrari.

The problem with the Bridgestones is that now they only really have one team providing useful test data. Jordan and Minardi do such minimal testing that their data isn't really of much use. Michelin on the other hand get 7 teams running extensive testing programs through the winter and the season, so Bridgestone seem to be slipping behind somewhat.

Ferrari get paid $30 million to test Bridgestone tyres...
    Thanks for all the fish

Thread Information