Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hybrid Real World Milage Database

Hybrid Real World Milage Database

For anyone who might be looking into buying a hybrid but are not sure about the claims. The following link is a database of mileage provided by individuals driving various hybrid vehicles.

http://www.greenhybrid.com/compare/mileage/
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not."

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor
    For anyone who might be looking into buying a hybrid but are not sure about the claims. The following link is a database of mileage provided by individuals driving various hybrid vehicles.

http://www.greenhybrid.com/compare/mileage/
    i like that the oldest is also the best. the insight is actually a cool looking car.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyperl
    i like that the oldest is also the best. the insight is actually a cool looking car.
    looks like the results vary quite a bit for the insight though, 12.8 standard deviation on a mean of only 63 is very high!

you have to assume people put in REAL gas milleage numbers.

someone from Honda could enter thousands of 20mpg for the lexus.

or someone from greenpeace could also enter 95mpg for a car tey want to encourage.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

But if you live in Oregon don't bother owning a hybrid, read the article.

The tax man always wins

There's something in the water on the left coast... California is screwed up, now Oregon is doing stupid stuff... I'm staying in the east. There's not a chance in the world I'm letting the government monitor my driving habits. Ever.

And aside from the Insight, none of those figures are out of the range of a similar diesel car. So why do I want to carry around extra batteries again?
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    There's something in the water on the left coast... California is screwed up, now Oregon is doing stupid stuff... I'm staying in the east. There's not a chance in the world I'm letting the government monitor my driving habits. Ever.

And aside from the Insight, none of those figures are out of the range of a similar diesel car. So why do I want to carry around extra batteries again?
    Oregon is California Lite.

and with the a gps installed in every car, how long is it before they start checking out whether you have been speeding or not? if every time u fill up it reads data from ur gps, it would be too easy for them to see you have been speeding and give you tickets.
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

They'll also know where you shop for groceries, if you go to church on Sunday, and they'll know that you went to your mother's house on August 22nd for a family dinner. I. Don't. Think. So.

If this somehow gets passed in PA, I think I'll be buying an old diesel Rabbit so they can't track me. *puts tin foil hat back on* Shh, they're listening.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Wow I'm surprised to see that the honda civic gets more mileage than one of the Pruis'.(Pruis I) So the honda beats it in gas and looks!
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia
    Oregon is California Lite.
    F**K you!

diesls can acheive almost 100mpg in a compact like the lupo or polo. even "sporty" hatches like the SEAT Ibiza Cupra gets 52.3MPG (40.4-62.8).

there are priuses on every street here in portland and plenty at the dealerships, whenever i hear that there are 6 month lead times in other parts of the US im amazed.

a vehicle mileage tax makes complete sense to me but it should be related to the wear a car does to the roads (and emissions) instead of the gas used. a heavy suv will do alot more damage than a prius with skinny tires. not to mention those dumbasses driving with spikes still (we havent had snow or ice since jan 2004) and the passes are well kept. i have no problem (with AWD) on worn all seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia
    But if you live in Oregon don't bother owning a hybrid, read the article.

The tax man always wins
    Funny, we have just reached a nation wide agreement in Holland to introduce a system whereby you pay for miles but related to the time and the density of traffic in congested areas. Revenues will be used to improve the infrastructure. At the same time car related taxes will be reduced and owners of enviromently friendly cars will have to pay LESS.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    They'll also know where you shop for groceries, if you go to church on Sunday, and they'll know that you went to your mother's house on August 22nd for a family dinner. I. Don't. Think. So.
    All those things you could do on a bicycle, and imagine, you could even have glass of beer then at your Mothers'
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by SPHFerrari
    and with the a gps installed in every car, how long is it before they start checking out whether you have been speeding or not? if every time u fill up it reads data from ur gps, it would be too easy for them to see you have been speeding and give you tickets.
    First, the French do this on the motorway tolls.
    if your time on and distance travelled computes to a later time than your time off it's bingo speeding fine

In the UK the "numpties" wanted to have new cars forced to have all th gubbins so that they could know where they are and what speed limit is in place ( even a temporary one ) and for the VEHICLE to be controlled to slow down to the speed limit. The more intelligent among us quickly wrote to them pointing out the danger of external control of speed, especially from all us bikers as bikes have a tendency to fall over if the throttle and angle of lean aren't balanced It's been sidelined so even the Greens don't talk about it anymore
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Revenues will be used to improve the infrastructure. .
    ROFLMAO and you believe them ?

That was what the UK "Road Fund Licence" was about.
    even the NAME made it clear what it was supposed to fund, but less than 25% of the revenue raised has EVER gone on roads

it's a British political trait as the "National Insurance" tax was supposed to fund the health and pensions schemes. Guess what ?
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information