Thread: EMS Map Tuning

EMS Map Tuning

I am a little bit confused about the ems map tunning. I have seen people tuning it on the dyno lots of times, but I don't understand what they actually change and why. Also the lambada map what do they change on this. can someone give me a little info.

another question at motor racing what do the engineers look for in the graphs, and telemtry. do they just look for high temperatures or if the driver is too early on the brakes or what?

Peruse http://www.racetechdev.co.uk/systems.php for examples of ECUs and what they can do.

DAMN. They used to ahve a demo download of their ECU mapping for the PC
    Bummer, I'll see if I can find another.

Re telemtry, basically IF they can a reace team wants to knwo EVERYTHING. Wheel weights, angles the lot. BUT few can afford to build mules for those durign development and nobody can afford the weight durign competition. So for RACE it's usually the telemetry that gives indicatsion of performance of the engine first, then the car adn finally the driver.

So all the engine parameters water temp, oil temp, throttle, fuel flow, mixture, mappping, sensors, revs, speed, etc etc
    Suspension parameters, deflection, picth, roll, yaw..

Wheelspin is a more recent one I've seen talked about as it can infer corner weight !!
    throttle and brake inputs from the driver and even steering movement now.

Latest teams are now doing analysis of the oil DURING the race to adjust params too !!

basically as much as a team can afford to look at in a lap and to work out how it could be done faster and to then make the changes in the car or the driver. If you look there used to be examples of Michale and Rubins lap charts in the Ferraris showing the different braking points and PRESSURE applied by each driver and how it affected cornering speeds and lap times. DAMN another link that's died over the year
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Yes I look at the Formula BMW and they only have access to what the car is doing not allowed to acces the engine maps. But they spend all day comparing where the drivers where braking and steering angles, brakes and throttle posistions. Then they listen to what the driver says if it was understeering or oversteering and they change the downforce or camber caster or tow accordingly.
    But I would like to see a engine map from a race car and see what they have done to increase performance.

Thread Information