Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Backstreet Dash Recovers Stolen Nobles

Quote Originally Posted by Vindesh17
    one of my dads friends is trying to import one here but the crash test laws are screwing him over,
    Dunno about the specific laws in Canada, but in the States I know the only way to get around the crash test and emissions laws is to have the chassis and engine imported seperately. The two are then bolted together in the States thereby classifying it as a kit-car. However, I believe the only way to do it is through Noble's official US distributor in Ohio - http://www.1gracing.com/

Not sure if that would help in Canada though, plus I imagine it's a bit of a hike from Toronto to Ohio!
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
    Dunno about the specific laws in Canada, but in the States I know the only way to get around the crash test and emissions laws is to have the chassis and engine imported seperately. The two are then bolted together in the States thereby classifying it as a kit-car. However, I believe the only way to do it is through Noble's official US distributor in Ohio - http://www.1gracing.com/

Not sure if that would help in Canada though, plus I imagine it's a bit of a hike from Toronto to Ohio!
    It's not that simple anymore. Lawmakers smarted up to that. If it's a production car, even in limited quantity, it has to meet crash standards. Only true kit cars can get around it anymore.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    It's not that simple anymore. Lawmakers smarted up to that. If it's a production car, even in limited quantity, it has to meet crash standards. Only true kit cars can get around it anymore.
    Really??? That's a shame, I thought 1G Racing were still importing them the sneaky way. I doubt it would ever be possible to get the engine emissions down to compliant production car levels as it's in a VERY highly tuned spec. Making it compliant would probably involve losing about 150bhp!

I understand Noble are very keen to take their outstanding product to a worldwide market, but being such a fledgling company I really doubt whether they could afford the substantial outlay of getting it 'Federalised' with airbags and tyre-pressure sensors etc. I know it has cost Morgan something in the region of £4million to develop the Aero 8 sufficiently to pass all the relevant tests, something I doubt Noble will be able to afford for a good few years yet.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

1GR got around it by selling rolling shells. The cars have full bodies, suspensions, and interiors, but don't have an engine or transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by 1GRacing.com
    Although 1g Racing does not provide drivetrain, there are a number of race engine builders that can supply an engine/transaxle package. Upon request a comprehensive and detailed installation manual can be made available.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

Patrick says:
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by UCR
    What do you think it stands for?
    Think Pavlov.........
    Sometimes the best view of heaven is from hell.

Hmm...oohh....Wow!! These are delectible! Good news, Flappy! I'm not going to kill you!

Eh?..

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
    substantial outlay of getting it 'Federalised' with airbags and tyre-pressure sensors etc.
    What the hell ? TYRE PRESSURE sensors ?
    WHY shoudl that be a REQUIREMENT on a car ??

Like, dont' people check their tyre pressures and feel the difference in a lower pressure tyre ? Is this one of those crazy things going on because of stupid lawsuits ? -- "the crash wasnt' my fault. The tyre was flat and the car manufacturer didnt' wanr me so I want a gazillion dollars for my stupidity"

I can't decide whether to laugh or cry
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine

Like, dont' people check their tyre pressures and feel the difference in a lower pressure tyre ? Is this one of those crazy things going on because of stupid lawsuits ? -- "the crash wasnt' my fault. The tyre was flat and the car manufacturer didnt' wanr me so I want a gazillion dollars for my stupidity"

1. People don't regularly check their tire pressures. I'm guily of this too, but I do it more often than most.
    2. In the new United States, personal responsibility is gone. Blame someone else.
    3. Lawsuits. Remember, nothing is your fault. Sue whoever you want to blame.
    4. Big companies are tired of people suing. They add new idiot lights.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

Patrick says:
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine

I know, I think it's a bit OTT myself. It was in this month's Evo magazine which has a double test of the new Aero 8 and the stunning Aeromax. They've completely revised the interior for the US spec Aero 8, and they've had to move the clock over to right next to the passenger door to make way for an electronic-tyre-pressure-sensing-gadget-display-thingy. It's just laziness dressed up as safety in my book!
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by Godlaus
    Thieves are soo stupid. I remember a story of a thief who stole a 1995 honda prelude, then loaded 7 thousand into it via a nices sound system, and soem rims, but left the original plates on it, so it got caught and sent back, extras and all, to the original buyer.
    cool!!! that's the way it should allways be, if they were that stupid they deserve it,,,
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

I remember reading a story in C&D or R&T a few years ago about Chip Ganassi. One Christmas Eve he went in to a liquor store to buy a bottle of wine for dinner the next day. He left his brand new Mercedes running in the lot. It was stolen, along with his cell phone. So he called the phone. The guy picked up. It took some convincing, but Chip talked the guy into returning the $70,000+ car and trunk full of gifts intact. What did the thief get? A $250 bottle of wine.

Thieves = dumb.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

Patrick says:
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by UCR
    Eh?..
    Pavlov did a project into classical conditioning, involving, UCS, UCR, CS, CR, NS.

UCR = unconditioned response
    Sometimes the best view of heaven is from hell.

Hmm...oohh....Wow!! These are delectible! Good news, Flappy! I'm not going to kill you!

Thread Information