Thread: crazy european release dates

crazy european release dates

as my sig might have you know, i am quite a big white stripes fan

i was looking at their website today, well, yesterday, but i havent been to sleep yet, so to me, its still saturday

so i was looking at the website in anticipation of their new album, Get Behind Me Satan, and it gave the release date, June 7, then i saw it was June 7 for the U.S., June 6 for UK/Europe

and i cried, you guys get to hear it a whole day before i do, though i am doubtful anyone on here will, because i have found that there are not as many white stripes fans anywhere as i would think

anyone here a fan?

also, England's own Coldplay is releasing their new album, X&Y, the same day(june 7 here, i assume the sixth in Europe), which i will also be purchasing and i think will be enjoyable

any fans of coldplay here?

pointless thread....
    pondering things

Quote Originally Posted by targa

any fans of coldplay here?

pointless thread....
    i like coldplay...
    its also worse for games isn't? doesn't europe get games later because the developers have to adjust for each country/language.
    i remember for a awhile UK gamers would import games from australia becuase we're PAL as well, but get the games earlier(not that long after US)

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    i like coldplay...
    its also worse for games isn't? doesn't europe get games later because the developers have to adjust for each country/language.
    i remember for a awhile UK gamers would import games from australia becuase we're PAL as well, but get the games earlier(not that long after US)
    thats alot of work for a game, though i know people that are in love with HALO enough, if it was released somewhere else first, they would be on the web clicking away
    pondering things

I like both, w00t.

thats alot of work for a game,
    i'm not sure it is because i think UK and Aus are both PAL - no need to mod your xbox etc. you just buy it and get it shipped across and you could be getting the game months ahead. i think most developers have begun recognizing the UK as a separate market tho, hence thy might be getting games earlier now

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    i'm not sure it is because i think UK and Aus are both PAL - no need to mod your xbox etc. you just buy it and get it shipped across and you could be getting the game months ahead. i think most developers have begun recognizing the UK as a separate market tho, hence thy might be getting games earlier now
    oh, kinda misunderstood you there, sorry
    pondering things

oh, kinda misunderstood you there, sorry
    well, you are right, it is more work than just popping into EB

I like both but I really don't buy CDs much as I am so broke, so I guess I might download them.

why not just download the album now, ive had them since last week
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Hmm... I wouldn't get too upset. IIRC the Japanese got the PSP portable thing last december, the US got it a month or so after that I think. We get it sometime in september...

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang
    why not just download the album now, ive had them since last week
    because im not a theif, and even if i did download music i wouldnt download any White Stripes or Coldplay because i know what i buy will be worth it

i guess i have respect
    pondering things

Thread Information