Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Karrmann, lmfao.

Prius, I don't think you understand the meaning "percentage value". Maybe the number of web sites (and therefore complaints) about Focus is higher because it is a very popular car, at least in Europe? Just a thought, think about it.
    Write five of your favourite cars in your signature.
    1. Ascari KZ1 2. Maybach Exelero 3. Pininfarina Birdcage
    4. Aston Martin DB9 5. BMW M6
    My ride: '97 Kia Sportage

So what happens when your prius shuts off and there is a big rig on your tail and BAM! Or, your steering locks up when your prius shuts off and there is a hill on the side of the highway and there is a turn, well guess what, you can't turn, and go off the road. Can't these situations apply?
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by Prius
    Same old boring rubbish
    You really haven't learned from the, what is it now? 3, 4, 5 times you've been banned before.

Your anti-Focus propaganda is not only unfounded, but unwelcome.

Have you not noticed the large silences and rolling tumbleweed that is the popular public "support" of your standpoint?

Have you not noticed that nobody cares to agree with you, and in fact most people dispute your ill-founded claims?

Grow out of it.

I'm so annoyed I used "founded" twice. I can't even be bothered to think of a decent synonym.
    Last edited by Coventrysucks; 05-16-2005 at 05:32 PM.
    Thanks for all the fish

hey, I have proof that the Focus is not the best built car in the world, so why do you bite my had off when I have proof of it having problems, huh, becasue it is not a Prius, because it is a WRC champion, I think it's YOU that's biasd, you thats the load of BS, not the sources casue got many to back my statements up.
    I have found a new love in the form of a tristar.

Can we have some numbers Karrman?
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

ok, lets sart from the top.

Motorweek said that they were in and out, no many hours wasted, they said that both times it was a mionor wiring fix and they were in and out IN AND OUT
    READ UCRs quotation from CNN.
    It clearly says an hour for doing a software update.
    IT also clearly states it is a software upgrade - that is NOT a wire fix
    I suspect you are comparing 2 DIFFERENT recalls for the Prisu then :0
    PLEASE ewad before commenting, we dont' appreciate folsk who can't have that piece of commone sense.
    It doenst' make anyone look bad but yourself, please copnsider before posting.
    Saying sometign ELSE, doens't make the original premise false - unless you want to move to another site ( we can give you the url )
    now the Focus, how is it a load of BS if you can search Focus Lemon, and find lemon law investiagtions involving the Focus, or under consumer complaints, the Focus has the most of just about any car I searched, and how is it a load of BS if this is a bunch of diffrent owners and sites about the Focus. ok, in that site, at least 5 owners complained about their Focuses catching on fire, a KNOWN problem that was recalled, Ford has a record of cars catching on fore (other than the Focus) that KILLED their owners, now, what would you rather have about 30 mins waiting for a wire to be replaced, or dieing because you car caught on fire when you were driving and you didn't have enough time to get out because it spread really spread, or if you got out, you need to spend $20,000 on a new car becaue your car was damaged beyond repair, now what? $100 warrenty deductable, or $20,000 toward a new car becaue your car caught on fire and it is damaged beyond repair, you don'tt understand, the American Focus is a load of monkey shot, it is no reliable or safe in any way. ok, if you don't beleve me, now you will when it is coming from CONSUMER AFFAIRS http://www.consumeraffairs.com/autom...ord_focus.html
    Wow, Karrmann, you ahve rpeated almost exactly an argument you put up last year over that.
    So you can find websites complaingin, that measn NOTHING unless you can judge the PERCENTAGE.
    A brief review of the problems at the link you gave showed one exampel whre there had been 7 cases leading to Ford doing a recall. This Prisu problem has affected 13 owners. So the Prisu is neraly double to ACTUAL problem rate on on issue as the Focus. Want to guess how manyu more Focus' there were sold ? Easily 2 orders of magnitude, so crudely put the Prisu problem is 200 times WIRSE than the Focus. See there are lies, damn lies and statistics
    Stop believing the lomon web sites. By definition ALL they report arer hte problems. Equally consumer prpoblem sites often dont' put the numbers into context. YOU shoudl tdo that befiroe blindly taking it in.
    Also, it's worth remembering with recalls the risks. eg the trim on the A-pillar is in that consumer affairs as bad as the rear wheel bearing coming off. CLAERLY not the same level of issue. As has been pointed out, you woudlnt' want the Prius cutting out on you with a semi 10 feet behind, it'll be a replay of the Smart incident all over again

So, IF you want to attack the Focus, by all measn do so. BUT at least be objective about it. Otherwise biased vewipoints usually get ignored because the reader only sees the bias. You may have useful and intersting points to make, but making them withou actually considering the breadth of issues is close-minded and dooemd to failer.

PS: I've never seen anything abotu a Focus fire killing someone. Pleae provide a link on that one. Thanks.
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 05-16-2005 at 05:45 PM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

hey, I have proof that the Focus is not the best built car in the world, so why do you bite my had off when I have proof of it having problems, huh, becasue it is not a Prius, because it is a WRC champion, I think it's YOU that's biasd, you thats the load of BS, not the sources casue got many to back my statements up.
    oh dear OLD Prius/Karrmann is coming out of the shell.

Put it back in please.

You are posting the same biased input and not being objective about the Focus OR the Prius.

oh dear
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Just perma-ban him.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine

oh dear
    thats what happens when you let a twelve year old who can't spell eleven, get onto the internet and start typing random and inaccurate information.
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    READ UCRs quotation from CNN.
    It clearly says an hour for doing a software update.
    IT also clearly states it is a software upgrade - that is NOT a wire fix
    I suspect you are comparing 2 DIFFERENT recalls for the Prisu then :0
    PLEASE ewad before commenting, we dont' appreciate folsk who can't have that piece of commone sense.
    It doenst' make anyone look bad but yourself, please copnsider before posting.
    Saying sometign ELSE, doens't make the original premise false - unless you want to move to another site ( we can give you the url )

Wow, Karrmann, you ahve rpeated almost exactly an argument you put up last year over that.
    So you can find websites complaingin, that measn NOTHING unless you can judge the PERCENTAGE.
    A brief review of the problems at the link you gave showed one exampel whre there had been 7 cases leading to Ford doing a recall. This Prisu problem has affected 13 owners. So the Prisu is neraly double to ACTUAL problem rate on on issue as the Focus. Want to guess how manyu more Focus' there were sold ? Easily 2 orders of magnitude, so crudely put the Prisu problem is 200 times WIRSE than the Focus. See there are lies, damn lies and statistics
    Stop believing the lomon web sites. By definition ALL they report arer hte problems. Equally consumer prpoblem sites often dont' put the numbers into context. YOU shoudl tdo that befiroe blindly taking it in.
    Also, it's worth remembering with recalls the risks. eg the trim on the A-pillar is in that consumer affairs as bad as the rear wheel bearing coming off. CLAERLY not the same level of issue. As has been pointed out, you woudlnt' want the Prius cutting out on you with a semi 10 feet behind, it'll be a replay of the Smart incident all over again

So, IF you want to attack the Focus, by all measn do so. BUT at least be objective about it. Otherwise biased vewipoints usually get ignored because the reader only sees the bias. You may have useful and intersting points to make, but making them withou actually considering the breadth of issues is close-minded and dooemd to failer.

PS: I've never seen anything abotu a Focus fire killing someone. Pleae provide a link on that one. Thanks.
    hey matra were you drunk or something when you qrote this? i have never seen so many typos in a post... good post though..
    "WHEN IT'S GAME TIME, IT'S PAIN TIME TIME BABY! WOOOH" ~ Terry Tate

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi
    who is driving a prius at highway speed?
    fair call.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Prius, did a Focus run over your cat or something? As for the Prius failures, it is not the first car to be recalled. Chill guys. You cant bait Prius and then condemn him for rising to his favourite cars defence, even if it is a Prius (he should change his screen name!).
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

over 10 recalls, setting a record. over 50 consumer complainrts from diffrent websites complaining about contuining problems.

ok first, Ocnsumer affairs, read the report, THE WHOLE PAGE AND SEE ALL THE GRIPING OWNERS, NOW DOES THAT MAKE IT SEEM RELIABLE?
    http://www.consumeraffairs.com/autom...ord_focus.html

now, go through ALL the pages.

from this page
    http://www.mycarstats.com/auto_Compl...Complaints.asp
    FORD Complaints FOCUS QTY
    2005 FORD FOCUS Complaints 16
    2004 FORD FOCUS Complaints 75
    2003 FORD FOCUS Complaints 191
    2002 FORD FOCUS Complaints 426
    2001 FORD FOCUS Complaints 1056
    1999 FORD FOCUS Complaints 9
    http://www.mycarstats.com/console.as...Tab=COMPLAINTS

now look at the complaints compared to it's biggest rival.

HONDA Complaints CIVIC QTY
    2005 HONDA CIVIC Complaints 7
    2004 HONDA CIVIC Complaints 30
    2003 HONDA CIVIC Complaints 94
    2002 HONDA CIVIC Complaints 156
    2001 HONDA CIVIC Complaints 336
    2000 HONDA CIVIC Complaints 183
    1999 HONDA CIVIC Complaints 180
    1998 HONDA CIVIC Complaints 320
    1997 HONDA CIVIC Complaints 296
    1996 HONDA CIVIC Complaints 274
    1995 HONDA CIVIC Complaints 176
    1994 HONDA CIVIC Complaints 210
    1993 HONDA CIVIC Complaints 263
    1992 HONDA CIVIC Complaints 176
    1991 HONDA CIVIC Complaints 237
    1990 HONDA CIVIC Complaints 250
    Last edited by Prius; 05-16-2005 at 06:02 PM.

over 10 recalls, setting a record. over 50 consumer complainrts from diffrent websites complaining about contuining problems.

ok first, Ocnsumer affairs, read the report, THE WHOLE PAGE AND SEE ALL THE GRIPING OWNERS, NOW DOES THAT MAKE IT SEEM RELIABLE?
    Please tell me at whic word in my post you STOPPED READING ?

Let me REPEAT, *IF* you go to a consumer affair site you will usually get allthe problems because few of them try to be objective and nobody posts how average their cars are !!

I'd poined out that fundamental error in comprehension Karrman the LAST time and again.

You even type the words "from different websites complaining" and yet it never daws on you that it's usually the SAME problems being reported in multiple place !!

You didnt' post a link for the Focus fire kills comment, can we ahve it please ?

the Foucs hasn't killed anyone to my knowledge but many other fords have which I have said.

the Crown Vics (older ones) have a ignition switch (along with the prev generation F-150 and Expedition) which can catch on fire EVEN IF THE CAR IS NOT ON. many people have parked them in their garages, and never woke up because it killed them in a fire, and Ford has video footage of it yet they only recalled half of the vehicled affected, many deaths reported from this and maybe it's not the Focus, but this is a major black eye for Ford.

Thread Information