Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Karrmann, lmfao.

Quote Originally Posted by Prius
    the Foucs hasn't killed anyone to my knowledge but many other fords have which I have said.

the Crown Vics (older ones) have a ignition switch (along with the prev generation F-150 and Expedition) which can catch on fire EVEN IF THE CAR IS NOT ON. many people have parked them in their garages, and never woke up because it killed them in a fire, and Ford has video footage of it yet they only recalled half of the vehicled affected, many deaths reported from this and maybe it's not the Focus, but this is a major black eye for Ford.
    How about you post credible evidence and numbers. BTW, there is this website called Ronaldreagan.com that'd LOVE you.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

the Foucs hasn't killed anyone to my knowledge but many other fords have which I have said.
    How long ago ? Links, evidence ??
    the Crown Vics (older ones) have a ignition switch (along with the prev generation F-150 and Expedition) which can catch on fire EVEN IF THE CAR IS NOT ON.
    renault have had the same.
    See when you try toi crucify a company the first thing you need to do is set the ground rules and the baselkine for comparison. Elctricity can cause fires, fact. Wirign problems can cause fires, fact.
    Ford arent' the ony ones no matter how often you say it
    many people have parked them in their garages, and never woke up because it killed them in a fire,
    How long agao ? Links ? Evidence ??
    and Ford has video footage of it yet they only recalled half of the vehicled affected, many deaths reported from this and maybe it's not the Focus, but this is a major black eye for Ford.
    When you say "only recalled half" what do you mean ?
    Only half affected cars wre fixed in the recall or only half of them were todl of the recall ? There's a big difference, there are some people who decide not to bother with recalls !!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

http://web.archive.org/web/200304190...mingfords.com/

this is not a load of BS, this was on the news. this was on my loacl news about a man fighting against ford bout many of their cars catching on fire because of a faulty switch. these range from a few months to years ago. soem sruvived some died, the news had video footage of the switch and the cars too.

I swear on the bible this is the truth.
    I have found a new love in the form of a tristar.

I saw this on the news, but they did not say anything about people dying. They mentioned that it was due to faulty electronics, and they just called a recall.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

http://web.archive.org/web/200304190...mingfords.com/

this is not a load of BS, this was on the news. this was on my loacl news about a man fighting against ford bout many of their cars catching on fire because of a faulty switch. these range from a few months to years ago. soem sruvived some died, the news had video footage of the switch and the cars too.

I swear on the bible this is the truth.
    yes, but more ANCIENT HISTORY than 'truth'.

1983 to 1993 , it says so in BIG PRINT on that site.
    back in 83 Toyota were producing bigger POSes than Ford could dream up.
    Horrible plastic interirors ( actually not a lot has changed then ) and borign beyond belief !!!!
    Really what has what happened 12-20 years ago really got to do with the Focus ???
    It's called "clutching at straws", get some objectivity.

"some died" provide direct reference please, because
    "The company had received complaints that short circuits in the switches had started at least 1,100 fires in the United States and Canada. Jon F. Harmon, a spokesman for Ford, said the company had heard of 21 injuries, two of them serious, related to these fires in the United States. None were fatal, Harmon said. There have also been complaints of nine injuries in Canada in recent years, none serious, he said. "
    was at the site you referenced.
    Shooting in the foot is clearly spreading
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 05-16-2005 at 06:38 PM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    yes, but more ANCIENT HISTORY than 'truth'.

1983 to 1993 , it says so in BIG PRINT on that site.
    back in 83 Toyota were producing bigger POSes than Ford could dream up.
    Horrible plastic interirors ( actually not a lot has changed then ) and borign beyond belief !!!!
    Really what has what happened 12-20 years ago really got to do with the Focus ???
    It's called "clutching at straws", get some objectivity.

"some died" provide direct reference please, because
    "The company had received complaints that short circuits in the switches had started at least 1,100 fires in the United States and Canada. Jon F. Harmon, a spokesman for Ford, said the company had heard of 21 injuries, two of them serious, related to these fires in the United States. None were fatal, Harmon said. There have also been complaints of nine injuries in Canada in recent years, none serious, he said. "
    was at the site you referenced.
    Shooting in the foot is clearly spreading

The first rule of a good arguement:

Canada doesnt count
    < 1 - 2 - to the bass >

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv
    I saw this on the news, but they did not say anything about people dying. They mentioned that it was due to faulty electronics, and they just called a recall.

I could of sworn that the man said some people died when they parked teh faulty cars in theri garages.

Worst news anchor ever...
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

This thread officially sucks.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

I could of sworn that the man said some people died when they parked teh faulty cars in theri garages.
    Good job on the bible-swearing. Tsk-tsk.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by UCR
    Prius software problems
    NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - A software problem is causing some Toyota Prius gas-electric hybrid cars to stall or shut down while driving at highway speeds, according to a published report.

The Wall Street Journal reports that the problem involves Priuses from the 2004 model year and some early 2005 models.

The newspaper reports the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration has logged 13 reports of the engine shutdowns, while Edmunds.com, a popular vehicle-information and shopping site, has had 13 individuals post complaints in a Prius forum. Some of the cars that shut down had to be towed to the shop before they could be restarted.

The newspaper quotes an official from Toyota as saying the stalling problem is due to a software glitch in its sophisticated computer system.

The car has both a gasoline engine and an electric motor, which is set to provide it with power during certain driving conditions, particularly in city driving. The gasoline engine is supposed to be shut down or run at a very low level when the car is driving slowly or idling but provide most of the car's power when it is cruising at highway speeds.

The report said no injuries or fatalities have been linked to the problem, but it did not say whether there had been accidents due to the problem.

A NHTSA spokesman said the agency is monitoring the complaints, but no formal investigation has been initiated.

Toyota spokesman Sam Butto told the newspaper the auto manufacturer identified a "programming error" in the computer systems of 23,900 Prius cars last year and sent owners a service notice advising them to bring the cars into dealers for an hour-long software upgrade.

He couldn't say how many Prius owners got the upgrade and whether the latest problems involve buyers who never got the upgrade or if an altogether different glitch is shutting the car down.

Go ahead and buy a Prius.

how did they not discover this until now. did they not do high speed testing. or maybe they knew and thought noone would ever try to drive a prius that fast

karrmann your getting kinda pathetic, why not just try and be a bit more mature of atleast when you come on here shouting things out why dont you have some sort of evidence to back up your shit ?

your never going to get anywhere like this just banned again
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

hey, I have proof that the Focus is not the best built car in the world, so why do you bite my had off when I have proof of it having problems, huh, becasue it is not a Prius, because it is a WRC champion, I think it's YOU that's biasd, you thats the load of BS, not the sources casue got many to back my statements up.
    Even if your sources are right, they are only right for the US Focus not the Focus that everyone else in the world drives.

And yet you never qualify that, despite the fact that it has been pointed out everytime you raise the point.

You really don't know when to just stop typing do you.
    Thanks for all the fish

I never said that the UK focus was a POS, see my other post, i said that the US Focus is a sack of shit.

no the Uk Focus may be reliable, but when it comes to the US, avoid at all costs.

I never said that the UK focus was a POS, see my other post, i said that the US Focus is a sack of shit.

no the Uk Focus may be reliable, but when it comes to the US, avoid at all costs.

but US cars in general arent as well built as Euro cars...
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Thread Information