Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When it's right to peel out.

When it's right to peel out.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhatPhree.com
    I was walking home Sunday morning with my coffee when I encountered a post-comedown "raver" couple getting into a screaming argument in the middle of the street, presumably over who drank the last of the vodka and Red Bull, or used up all the Vicks Vapor Rub or something.

As the blonde-tipped, orange-tanned Backseat Barbie shrieked grotesquely, her hair-gelled, ecstacy-selling, FUBU-sporting boyfriend simply could not take it anymore. He stormed over to his yellow 2001 Mustang GT, ripped the door open, jumped into the vehicle, revved the engine and finally PEELED OUT in a glorious symphony of squealing tire and techno music.

It was a sight to behold. And as I walked the rest of the way home, I meditated upon how PEELING OUT is the most awesome move ever. I remembered countless other events in my life where some person, simply fed up beyond the point of words or violence, hopped into their vehicle, made a furious racket, and sped off into the horizon, loudly conveying to all spectators that the person had "had it".

One guy from my high school PEELED OUT almost weekly. It seemed as if you couldn't even nod your head and say, "Hey, Brad" without him flying into an automotive rage and rocking a PEEL OUT that left nothing behind but some old tire and everyone looking at each other like, "okay". He was a master of the form. I wonder where he's at today? God willing, he's probably PEELING OUT of an Arby's parking lot at this very moment.

Those of you who own automobiles should ask yourself, "Am I PEELING OUT as much as I should be?" How else can you expect to fully convey your frustration and/or badassness with those around you, if you're unwilling to break while accelerating and PEEL THE **** OUT now and then. Are you afraid of confronting your feelings?

Here are a few tips and hypothetical scenarios on how to execute a successful PEEL OUT:

1. Peeling Out at the Office -- Your boss and your co-workers probably think you're a *****. Just face it, sitting there in your cubicle with your slacks and your solid-color ties, executing banal little tasks all the live-long day, nobody around you could possibly recognize your inner badassness. So what better way to blow off some steam--or tire, as it were--while showing your co-workers how much you Rawk, than by throwing that badboy Miata into overdrive and PEELING OUT of your company parking lot? See who starts getting invited to the happy hours with the "cool guys" now. Hell, you'll be an executive in no time.

2. Peeling Out at Bars and Nightclubs -- Is there anything in the world more awesomely badass than stumbling out of some one-word-named club ("Ice", "Sky", "Fluid", etc.), puking on your shoes, throwing yourself into the driver's seat of your leased BMW and inexplicably PEELING OUT in front of all the dudes and chicks waiting in line to get in? No, there's not. Sorry, but that's as badass as anyone could ever hope to be. Unless of course, your $23,000 system is bumping 50 Cent while you do it, then you're even more badass.

3. Peeling Out from the Red Light -- So there you are, sitting at a stoplight, and you look over at some little pansy in his Geo Metro, and he has the nerve to casually glance at you. That's right, he's ****ing looking at you! YOU! There is really only one way to handle this situation. Immediately begin revving your engine as loud as possible until the moment when the light turns green, then PEEL OUT! (Note: if you get stuck at another stoplight 30 seconds later, and the guy is now laughing at you, DO NOT hesitate to put that bitch back in his place and PEEL OUT AGAIN.)

4. Peeling Out from Your Parents' House -- Nothing shows mom and dad how rebellious you are quite like jumping into the vehicle they have provided for you and sending a hellish screech down your quiet suburban street as you PEEL OUT on your way to the mall. Also, when you turn 25 and finally move out, then you come home to visit, it is still perfectly OK to PEEL OUT. That way mom and dad will know they've raised a complete and total badass, which is really what parenting is all about.

5. Peeling Out of the Drive Thru -- There's nothing funnier and cooler than hitting a Taco Bell drive-thru late at night and giving obnoxious and obscene orders to the impoverished immigrants who are manning it. Well, there is one thing funnier and cooler. Instead of ordering actual menu items, order various sexual phrases and innuendos (like, "Can I get the Donkey Punch Combo?") and wait for their exasperated, puzzled responses, then pull up to the window, throw a bunch of change at them and PEEL OUT while you howl laughter and spill Gordita sauce all over your Kenneth Cole shirt. Yo Quiero PEEL OUT? You bet your ass.

Those are just a few simple suggestions to optimize your PEEL OUT experience, but I think it was Meatloaf who said it best in his amazingly-titled ditty, "Peel Out", which might be his greatest song of all time:

Peel out! Peel out! Peel out! We're sick and tired of waiting in line
    Peel out! Peel out! Peel out! Nobody's taking our time
    Peel out! Peel out! Peel out!
    Tire tracks and broken hearts, that's all we're leaving behind
    There oughta be a law and there better be a crime.

-Alex Blagg
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    No wonder nobody visits the Aussie forums....

"peel out" has got to be the squarest term for that action

i dont know a "cool" one but its not peel out

my sentra is reluctant to spin tires, it will, but you have to try to make it happen
    pondering things

I can do it in the Golf. Rev to 3000, hold there, drop clutch rather quickly = lots of white stuff. I broke a transmission doing that though.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

if i turn off the stability control on my dads car i can do something. its an automatic so whatever.
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

I just power brake a little in my truck and it gets the tires spinning, definetly fun stuff.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

bleach under the tires makes alot of smoke
    pondering things

FWD cars shouldn't be allowed to "peel out". It's just wrong. So I don't.

Memo to self: get RWD car and "peel out" a lot. It's cool.

When it's right to peel out?
    My answer: Whenever you want! (Except if the engine isn't fully warmed up.)
    The '60s and '70s Cadillacs could easily burn rubber (tons of low-end torque):
    ('74 Coupe de Ville)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

Here is a friend's '66 Ford Fairlane XL 500, 390-4 bbl engine:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

burnn outtttt
    *Ibiza 2oo5-June 25th...It's Gonna be Mental!*

*CaRpE dIeM-dNt HaTe ApPrEcIaTe-HoLsTa 2oo5*

*~5 WEEKS TILL IBIZA BABY WOOP WOOP!~*

dammit, I wish I didn't have to worry about breaking the tranny in my truck, cuz I'd PEEL THE F**K OUT.

I used to do that.

Then it got to a point it where it felt immature and stupid. Now I just gun it and go as fast I can passing people from my school.

the only thing better than peelin out is doing a donut or two before you leave

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeney921
    dammit, I wish I didn't have to worry about breaking the tranny in my truck, cuz I'd PEEL THE F**K OUT.
    wait dont you have a Ford Ranger? You should still do it, it wont hurt it.
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Thread Information