Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite rally driver and manufacture.

Favorite rally driver and manufacture.

I was wondering what are people 's favorite drivers and manufactures.
    Mine would be Petter Solburg and Subaru. I am a big fan, I respect Loeb as he is a highly skilled driver but he is pretty much the only thing holding back Petter. I like Gronholm as well but this season he seems to be catching all the tough breaks. The rally of cryprus was great when he crashed down that large hill/small cliff. at least i think that was at cyprus.

Subaru
    dont care for any driver really. does anyone know if burns is ever coming back?
    Last edited by johnnyperl; 06-08-2005 at 08:28 PM.

Audi and it Quattro racing team from the 80's

Of course Loeb and the Citroen Xsara. Saying they are the only ones capable of holding back Solberg could be replaced by: Solberg is absolutely no match for this golden combination.
    Being an unknown quantity in many countries and with no road going version of the WRC available, the Xsara will never emerge as the favourite Rallye car I am afraid.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Im a Subaru boy, but i have nothing against any of the other drivers exept the peugeot team, if loeb wins im happy for him, if gronholm does im angry. But i guess i support solberg.

My choice would be Colin and an effective Ford.
    Ford as been mistreating all good pilots they get. They let Colin go, they tried to pay less money to Sainz who in consequence left them too and now they lost Markko Martin. The result is that the lower level of their present set of drivers is having clear consequences. The car was competitive last year.
    As Colin is no longer rallying and I agree that with bad material he tends to despair, I'd choose Markko Martin over any other. He's incredibly fast, ends rallies, knows how to develop a car and has a spectacular driving style.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Subaru, Petter.
    For some reason Loeb and Citroen bother me. Always have done. At least they'll be gone next year.

subaru attkinson
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

CHRIS ATKINSON 100%
    I like the Ford team the best I think the car is extremly competitive when with a good driver.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento
    For some reason Loeb and Citroen bother me. Always have done. At least they'll be gone next year.
    so which reason on earth could that be? because they are French may be?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

For me it has to be Carlos Sainz. Ultra consistent, and fast when needed. Well now that he's 43 it's not as fast as he used to be... Be will usually have steady drive in any car you give him. A long time ago I saw a quote which kind of illustrates my point: "Sainz could finish in the podium of the Montecarlo with a bycicle"

In a close second it's Ari Vatanen, I like a lot his attacking style, shame he never really recovered from the big accident in Argentina '85.

As for manufacturer, it has to be Lancia, IMO they are the greatest team in the history of rallying, and they have a bunch of mitic cars from the Stratos to the last Delta. Plus they are manufacturer with most manufacturers titles in the history of rallying at least 10 if I'm not mistaken.
    Last edited by Ferrer; 06-09-2005 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Hadn't read the manufacturer thing
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Lancia are my favorite Old Skool rallying champions. Beautiful cars and great drivers
    But my new favorite, have, is, and always will be Mitsubishi

No drivers in perticular

I dont care about the teams but really care about how the pilots drive so I like to Watch Gigi Galli he's like the old Armin Scwarz with Celica GT-4

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    so which reason on earth could that be? because they are French may be?
    its cause he's a subaru fan, loeb bothers all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    My choice would be Colin and an effective Ford.
    Ford as been mistreating all good pilots they get. They let Colin go, they tried to pay less money to Sainz who in consequence left them too and now they lost Markko Martin. The result is that the lower level of their present set of drivers is having clear consequences. The car was competitive last year.
    As Colin is no longer rallying and I agree that with bad material he tends to despair, I'd choose Markko Martin over any other. He's incredibly fast, ends rallies, knows how to develop a car and has a spectacular driving style.

spot on ^^ winner
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Thread Information