Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XK to BA - 45 years of Falcon

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    I cant really recall any recent updates that changed the doors, even the BA uses AU doors and a large majority of the roof
    yeah, Falcon's only 'door facelift' was XC (rear)

Only mentioned it as I get sick of Drive's drivel and innacuracies after a while. The XT~XW redo was far deeper & more significant than ED~EF but of course the junior journo expert who wrote it only mentioned the EF, as has either forgotten XW or more likely was not even born then

Thats all good, i think as time goes by though, they dedicate more money to the mid life updates. XA-XC was more a gradual thing over 3 models, same with ZD-XF (although there was an XF2 in 86 for unleaded). Holden spent a packet on the VR and Ford subsequently did too on EF, although whilst the VY was enough to keep the sales up, Ford desperately needed BA.......

Heaps of people hate Drive though, especially Joshua Dowling
    I am the Stig

gee Ford's ZG~ZH redo was pretty spectacular too. I must be one of the few that didnt mind the styling of AUs, and thought those early AU S-packs looked really good & exemplified the 'AU look' Ford was trying to convey

All these cadet journos who too-soon believe they know something .. I remember reading one of Jonothan Hawley's first attempts, in the old Motor Manual. A road test of a Jaguar XJS V12 convert and man he absolutely RAVED about its moonshot performance, ponced about and made out like it was ready for LeMans etc

But when I compared its 0~60mph and 1/4 mile times to the performance specs summary in the back of the same issue, the Jag was in fact slower than a JE 2.0 Camira

Cant say the ZG-ZH instantly springs to mind, was that when they swapped the Fairlane from the more XA styled version to the US tank version?

I suppose it pays to get journo's who are enthusiasts first, writers second, even vice versa, it doesnt matter. AS LONG AS THEYRE ENTHUSIASTS!! Theres definately too many out there just trying to make headlines and cause shockwaves
    I am the Stig

Motoring journalsim has lost its integrity. Bill Tuckey was great, Robbo called a dog a dog. Joe Kenwright is one of the few current writers I respect, he is excellent. for far too many years, most journos are not passionate enthusiasts (you're right mate) but amateur experts who merely view auto journalism as a wine 'n dine fast track towards a cushy high-paying automotive PR job

ZG~ZH relates to XB~XC, the 1976 ZH looked a dead ringer for a 1968 Mercury! But ZH has so many changes from ZF/ZG that its hard to recognise the earlier car

Yeah it'd be the one im thinking of then......theyre pretty nice cars when in good condition, like many pre 80's cars....

I'd probably want to get into journalism myself if my english skills were stronger, but you have to wonder if the current case is just corporate management shifting their journo's around, or people wanting to get into the business legitimately just get sidetracked in their views...
    I am the Stig

Thread Information