Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Limewire:Question?

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    Oh sure they do, the ones that have earned millions, but the problem lies with the starting artists who need to get their first record deal.
    You mean like The Darkness? They played at Glastonbury for $150 or so, and they've made it now through their SELF-FUNDED album. Not relied upon the vicious music industry.

There are also TV programmes that expose new artists- there's a guy called M. Ward who I was impressed with on Jools Holland, but fortunately I didn't buy his album because it was really bad when recorded in a studio. Luckily for me I got through downloading a few songs and realised he was terrible before wasting precious money on Amazon that would have gone mostly into the big nose at the top of Sony or EMI.

were so of topic, this whole therd was a question about limewire and some how we got to talking about music downloads but thats ok,

most of the people i listen to are already rich , dead or retired so its sort of ok

Quote Originally Posted by ZemoButts
    were so of topic, this whole therd was a question about limewire and some how we got to talking about music downloads
    limewire is a program for downlaoding music
    pondering things

U like linkin park aswell? Me 2. Anyway, go on limewire and go to "tools" then options to put the files where u want them
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Quote Originally Posted by man 430gt
    U like linkin park aswell? Me 2. Anyway, go on limewire and go to "tools" then options to put the files where u want them
    thnx but those folders turned out to be caused by a virus

and

......::LIINKINPARK RULEs::.......

You can argue it anyway you like, at the end of the day it's illegal to download music, which is why sites like Limewire and other are being shutdown.
    The Recording Industry Association of America on Wednesday filed a new series of complaints against US-based users of peer-to-peer software distributors Kazaa, Grokster and LimeWire.

The move came two days after the US Supreme Court ruled networks such as Grokster may be held liable for infringement if they encourage people to make unauthorized copies of copyrighted songs, films or other content.

Some 784 users were targeted in the RIAA's complaints, for violation of copyright.

The ruling in the closely watched "MGM v. Grokster" case gives a powerful tool to Hollywood and the music industry to crack down on distributors of technology designed to skirt copyright protection and make illegal copies.

Mitch Bainwol, chairman and chief executive of the RIAA, which represents the US recording industry, said the ruling "provided a real shot in the arm to legitimate online music services and unanimously injected moral clarity into this debate."

"If there was any doubt left, there should now be none -- individuals who download music without permission are breaking the law," Bainwol said.

The RIAA has filed thousands of suits against music pirates since the September 2003 launch of its legal offensive.

Critics of Monday's unanimous ruling by the Supreme Court, which sought to craft rules for fighting digital piracy in the biggest copyright case in two decades, had said it left murky guidelines that would lead to more litigation.

The case was seen as the most important in the copyright area since the 1984 "Betamax" decision named for the Sony videocasette recorder, a case that provided immunity from liability for providers of technology that can be used for both legal and unauthorized copies.
    If you get caugh and busted don't come back here and bitch about it.

actually i live in Canada where downloading music is completly LEGAL. its only illegal to upload not download

Quote Originally Posted by ZemoButts

......::LIINKINPARK RULEs::.......
    ahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    pondering things

I know what I'm doing is wrong, and I know I'll get flamed about it, but I refuse to pay 15 to 20 dollars for a CD that I only want to buy for one song. Regardless, over the past 6 months, I've probably downloaded like 25-30 songs max, so I'm no uber-cyber thief.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Thread Information