Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should BMW make a suppercar

Question Should BMW make a suppercar

the world out their needs a true suppercar.. now adays we have lots of competition. Vw {buggati} MB {SLR} Porsche {carrera GT} Ferrari {enzo}
    the S7 the GT and many more........ SO i think yes BMW sould make a supper car with a
    V12 that is capable of 7.0 L and around 1000hp{ maybe a bit less } and the wigh of the car should be = orless than 1000 kg..
    we already seen what BMW Mpower is capable of .so we want to see a real competitor on their .. i hope BMW will make one......

heheh yes it could be a car for delivering supper.
    i think BMW should make a supercar too, maybe around 560-600 HP and have a V12 engine and not be designed by chris bangle
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

i think BMW tries very hard to compete with MB is every possible segment, its getting a bit boring with them just seeing what MB does and then try and build a competitor for it.
    anyways, i dont think they can or should build a supercar. they make perfect road cars, i doubt their expertise in developing a true SUPERcar however.
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Misho
    i think BMW tries very hard to compete with MB is every possible segment, its getting a bit boring with them just seeing what MB does and then try and build a competitor for it.
    anyways, i dont think they can or should build a supercar. they make perfect road cars, i doubt their expertise in developing a true SUPERcar however.
    i think they r very capable to do it..... for example look at the maclaren what is the enigne YES BMW ..and what an engine its soo good people have treid to make a competitor to this car and still it s on the top list... they only need a design from lets say italdesign { like the M1} and then every body knows how BMW perform on the road... I AM WAITING FOR IT FROM SINCE I WAS 12
    and still waiting for a supercar from BMW.. the pro is that they make their company work and their is nothing in their to support it if somthings goes wrong. and that kind of car will cost a hell of money

oh yeh i almost forgot ... Mid engine PLZ

Thumbs down

7.0 V12, with 1000bhp? Dreaming, lets be realistic, sure its possible but this thing will cost way to much and be non competitive in market. And only 1000kg? Given that BMW usually build fairly heavy cars 1500kg+, This car will be stripped down to the absolute minimum. Comfort? none.

Lets say 7.0 V12, 650-750 bhp and 1200-1300kg.
    Performance can Seduce

I'd love to see a BMW supercar, but I don't think it'll happen right in the middle of the changeover to their new brand identity......or maybe it would, as a catalyst We'll see.

I'd love to see a big new VANOS V-12, but I know that BMW would probably equip it with their patented "weightronic"

1000kg? That's only a little bit more than a 914!

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    1000kg? That's only a little bit more than a 914!
    let me guess, is the 914 named after its weight ?!!
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

well i wasnt saying it will have a V12 and 7.0l and with 1000 hp and 1000 kg

i was saying that it should have that much power and the weight should be not heavy....

yes BMW r heavy . but a supercar is not.. if they were going to make one i am prety sure that it s going to be on the top 3...... But they wont now.. maybe in 5 years

How about a reborn version of the M1? If Ford can cause such a stir with its new GT, why couldn't BMW do the same with its classic M1?

I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by white devil
    well i wasnt saying it will have a V12 and 7.0l and with 1000 hp and 1000 kg

i was saying that it should have that much power and the weight should be not heavy....

yes BMW r heavy . but a supercar is not.. if they were going to make one i am prety sure that it s going to be on the top 3...... But they wont now.. maybe in 5 years
    There's no way that BMW would produce a supercar with anywhere near 1000hp. More like 700 would be the absolute most, and even that is doubtful. The Bugatti Veyron weighs 1900kg, and I'm sure a BMW could undercut that, but it probably wouldn't weigh much less than the M3 CSL, which is still 1400 kg even though it sacrifices all those luxuries.

let me guess, is the 914 named after its weight ?!!
    No, it's not named after its weight I'm actually not sure of the origins of the 914 name, but I do know that the 914-4 2.0 weighs around 960kg. Triple digits baby

Well, BMW claim to create the "Ultimate Driving Machines" (or whatever their advertising slogan is), so they should really try and prove it! To be honest, I reckon they wouldn't even consider it five years ago or so, but since their arch enemy Mercedes have had a stab at a full blown supercar I reckon they're probably considering it. They've proved they can make great handling cars (M3, M5), and they've proved they can make great powerful engines (McLaren F1), they only thing I'd be sceptical about is the looks. If they carry on with their current Bangle design trends it'll probably be a complete horror show! Oh, and they'd have to get rid of all that "I-drive" and "Active Steering" nonsense, keep it as pure as possible. Still, I hope they do have a go, you can never have enough supercars out there to drool over!

i have to agree with you. i think that bmw cannot produce a super car alone.i think the bmw and jaguar should combine forces and come out with a MB SLR killer. we know that jaguar has done it before with the jaguar XJ220 and can do it again. i mean look at the bentley arnage T, it combines british luxury and style and german performance and man is it fast. the car can have two slightly different designs, one to fit bmw's design scheme and one the fits jaguar's, but the cars should have equal performance.

Quote Originally Posted by jaglover
    i have to agree with you. i think that bmw cannot produce a super car alone.i think the bmw and jaguar should combine forces and come out with a MB SLR killer. we know that jaguar has done it before with the jaguar XJ220 and can do it again. i mean look at the bentley arnage T, it combines british luxury and style and german performance and man is it fast. the car can have two slightly different designs, one to fit bmw's design scheme and one the fits jaguar's, but the cars should have equal performance.
    AUDI do it alone, with Le Mans Quattro (of course, it's not in production)
    Why cannot BMW produce a supercar ?

P.S. Sorry for my ''English''

yes i strongly agree ferrari had there enzo koenigsegg has there cc i should think that they are thinking to build one but the car should atleast be fast as an enzo looks like a gt40 handles like an F1 car i strongly agree THEY HAVE TO BUILD ONE!!!! peace out

Thread Information