Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Car

I love BMW They are my second favourite car. BMW's are alot better then most american cars, but American cars are (in my opinion) better then European cars, but thats my opinion. im sure none of you really like any big ass SUV gas guzlers that can scale a mountain but hell just your opinion

BMW's kick ass

Originally posted by SUPERMAN
    I love BMW They are my second favourite car. BMW's are alot better then most american cars, but American cars are (in my opinion) better then European cars, but thats my opinion. im sure none of you really like any big ass SUV gas guzlers that can scale a mountain but hell just your opinion

BMW's kick ass
    I LOVE IT
    BAZOOKA EXHAUST

have you guys ever even sat in some european cars nothing can size up to them look at these american v-8s they are useless with gas prices going up in here in the states ($2.00) most of these american companies in a few years are gonna be scrambling in a few years trying to find new ways to increase economy without sacrificing power something europeans have almost perfected it may hurt but the recent bulky v-8s may dissapear one day

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Quote Originally Posted by modena
    have you guys ever even sat in some european cars nothing can size up to them look at these american v-8s they are useless with gas prices going up in here in the states ($2.00) most of these american companies in a few years are gonna be scrambling in a few years trying to find new ways to increase economy without sacrificing power something europeans have almost perfected it may hurt but the recent bulky v-8s may dissapear one day
    I'm keeping my bigass V8.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Where are all these noobs coming from?
    These "useless" V8s are getting better gas milage than alot of cars in their class with non V8s. American companies have already made a solution to get better EPA without deecreasing perfomance, its called dispacement on demand. The new 300C already has it, along with the magnum, and GM is intoducing a new small block with it soon. BTW these "bulky" V8 are actually smaller than most other engines they compete against...

but think of it they have just started do we really wanna ration gas again i say the goverment does something about all engines

NOOB!!!! i'VE BEEN HERE LONGER THAN YOU

NOOB!!!! i'VE BEEN HERE LONGER THAN YOU
    You still qualify as a NOOB, you have (at this time) 18 posts in the past 9 months to his 458 in 8 months. Being a NOOB is not derogatory, it just describes someone who hasn't spent a lot of time in the forums.

The corvette gets great gas mileage. In fact it gets better gas mileage than any of its nearest competitors, from europe, japan, or wherever.

There are some newer us-cars who uses less fuel than we are used too. Everything goes by the throttle, a big engine does not mean more fuel. I agree that European cars are better with the fuelconsumption (v8 vs v8) but the newer US V8 are NOT the V8 we are used too have. You be amazed how less fuel a new corvette uses!!

Quote Originally Posted by sixspeed-V8
    There are some newer us-cars who uses less fuel than we are used too. Everything goes by the throttle, a big engine does not mean more fuel. I agree that European cars are better with the fuelconsumption (v8 vs v8) but the newer US V8 are NOT the V8 we are used too have.
    Still not fully correct, let me show you.
    European V8s
    (not even going to bother with Ferrari)
    '00 BMW M5 13/21 (ha, comparable to the 500hp V10 Viper)
    BMW M3 16/24 (not a V8 but just for comparison)
    Jaguar XKR 16/22
    '02 Jaguar S-Type R 17/24
    Mercedes-Benz CLK 55 AMG 16/24
    Mercedes-Benz CL 55 AMG 14/22
    Mercedes-Benz E 55 AMG 14/20
    American V8s
    Corvette /Z06/C6 -19/27
    Camaro SS/Trans Am 18/27
    Mustang GT/Mach1 17/25
    Mustang SVT Cobra 16/24
    Ford GT 14/21
    Cadillac XLR 17/24
    Cadillac CTS-V 16/25
    Mosler MT900S Photon 17/27

Notice the American V8s get gas milage like perfomance European performance 6 cylinders.

Quote Originally Posted by gtface
    The corvette gets great gas mileage. In fact it gets better gas mileage than any of its nearest competitors, from europe, japan, or wherever.
    Just saw the Corvette on Top Gear get absolutely hosed in a drag between a TVR,Honda NSX,corvette beat the 911 though.Dont think the corvette would get better gas mileage than a Honda NSX,TVR.Lap time of 1.28.6 nearly as fast as a Evo8,but they said shocking ride,cheap controls,plastic body,leaf springs,clunky manual box,very hard to drive near its limits.If 2 average persons was driving a Evo and a Corvette,the guy in the Corvette wouldnt see which way the Evo went and if its a bit wet GAME OVER,Evo would get better fuel economy,has better build quality etc,etc,etc,etc
    Last edited by charged; 11-01-2004 at 06:09 AM.
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by charged
    Just saw the Corvette on Top Gear get absolutely hosed in a drag between a TVR,Honda NSX,corvette beat the 911 though.Dont think the corvette would get better gas mileage than a Honda NSX,TVR.Lap time of 1.28.6 nearly as fast as a Evo8,but they said shocking ride,cheap controls,plastic body,leaf springs,clunky manual box,very hard to drive near its limits.If 2 average persons was driving a Evo and a Corvette,the guy in the Corvette wouldnt see which way the Evo went and if its a bit wet GAME OVER,Evo would get better fuel economy,has better build quality etc,etc,etc,etc
    Weve gone over this before, the C6 tested by top gear was the MSRC suspension (one above base) and not the performance Z51 (quickest model). Also look at the hot lap times... The C6 embarrasses just about everything...

Looks like you need to do some more research. The C5 (Z06 and base) and C6 both get 19/27+ mpg, while the NSX gets a jokeable 17/24mpg, and the EVO gets 18/26.
    The ride quality was very much over exhadurated like the rest of the car. Plastic body? Ever squeezed the butt of a 360 ferrari? same thing there, its not cheap its smart, it wont dent like steal. Leaf springs? Did you notice that the "old tech" leaf springs worked wonderful, and the vette still beat the "high tech" coil over cars? Very hard to drive near its limits for the weakling brits...
    HAHA EVO better quality? I wont even start there...

TVR Cerbera speed12 and TVR Sagaris

Quote Originally Posted by FREDZY
    Let us discuss the ultimate car of all time, the Chevrolet Corsica. Especially the one with a 2-liter inline 4. It is likely that most people on earth have owned one at one time, and that they all totally loved their Corsica, until it disintegrated or they saved up $200 for a new car.
    It's definitely right up there among the ranks of the Ford Pinto and Pontiac Bonneville.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Thread Information