Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New NSX to be announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Acura/subarufan
    as long as it has the same performance (mabye better if possible) and dosen't look like any other super car it's going to be good.

if it going to be at the same price as the outgoing NSX then it will need to have a huge performance boost. 295hp isint going to cut it when you have a 500hp offerings from America, 400+ from germany ect ect ect all coming at the same or less money

Quote Originally Posted by CSL
    which of those cost 90k though? none
    Good point.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Good point.
    lets say you buy a NSX and a guy comes up to you saying oh that is so awesome, you have a NSX, blah blah blah, how much horsepower does it have, and you go 295. the guy goes wow my new Acura RL has more horsepower

i know HP isint everything and the NSX weighs a lot less than the RL but the far majority does not give this a second thought, horsepower sells cars and at 90k 295hp wont cut it, hopfully Honda will put a 400hp engine in the new NSX

which of those cost 90k though? none
    the FQ400 costs $83,100USD, thats close.
    id rather have the FQ than the NSX, even if the prices were reversed.

Luckily those who buy NSXs don't think like most of you guys and that makes it a unique car on the road... I much rather own an NSX than any Vette with 400hp for half the price, trust me, I couldn't care less about the hp/price ratio when it comes down to such an amazing car.

If they don't drastically boost the hp then I won't care either, the NSX is good at being a car that can kick ass with a small amount of power...

You get 160hp and no interior for US $50K when you buy an Elise, yet no one argues about that... Why? Because it would be stupid to do so, the hp fits it well and so does the price.

I'm scared to think what it might look like, the HSC was not widely popular and Honda tends to be too conservative in their designs.

And....what has taken them so long to get this new car on the road? It seems ridiculous.

exactly what i was gonna say...
    horsepower means nothing... if u want power, get a 18-wheeler
    Elise only had 120hp (up now to 190hp US-spec) and it's still a fast car...
    if they can make a car go fast, who cares how much hp it has?

yea there are more cars out there with $90k price tag, but when u get to that kinda price range, it's not really about value anymore... it's more about personal preference... I could get a SLK55 or a Carrera... just personal choice..

It's on Yahoo now

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050711/lam102.html?.v=13

I can't wait any longer!!

i just think the HSC looked to much like a ferrari from some angles
    You two! Fight to the death!

Press Release
    July 12, 2005

Honda to Discontinue Production of the NSX Sports Car
    —Successor sports car now in development—

TOKYO, Japan, July 12, 2005 - Honda Motor Co., Ltd. has announced that it will discontinue production of the NSX, a vehicle that has enjoyed considerable popularity as pure sports car and won many fans worldwide. Honda is currently working on a successor, a new sports car for a new era, which is to incorporate Honda’s most advanced technology.

The NSX made its debut in 1990 as a genuine mid-engine sports car with an all-aluminum monocoque body—a world’s first for a production vehicle at the time. The NSX continued to evolve, with performance improvements including increased displacement, a 6-speed manual transmission, enhanced aerodynamic performance, and different tire sizes, along with the addition of the NSX Type-T open-top model and the NSX Type-R pure sports model with further enhanced driving performance. One of the first true sports cars to adopt clean emissions measures, the NSX succeeded in combining exhilarating driving performance with superior environmental performance. As a result, the NSX achieved total worldwide sales of more than 18,000* units during the 15 years it was in production.

Even after NSX production draws to a close, Honda will continue to foster an environment supportive of NSX owners and their enjoyment of their cars, through meticulous maintenance of NSX vehicles, a Refresh Plan to preserve vehicles in their optimum condition, and the continuing support of NSX Owners’ Meetings to assist owners who wish to enhance their driving skills.

Production of vehicles destined for the North American market will be discontinued at the end of December, 2005. Production of vehicles destined for the European market will be discontinued at the end of September, 2005.
    *As of the end of June 2005

< Highlights of the History of the NSX >
    Feb. 1989 NS-X mid-engine sports car prototype introduced at the Chicago Auto Show
    Oct. 1989 NS-X exhibited at the Tokyo Motor Show
    Aug. 1990 Acura NSX went on sale in the US
    Sept. 1990 NSX went on sale in Japan
    1991 “Owners’ Meetings”, designed to enhance driving skills, inaugurated
    Jan. 1992 Custom order interior and body color plan introduced; its range later expanded.
    Nov. 1992 Pure sports model Type-R added to the line-up
    Feb. 1993 Minor model change (addition of passenger-side SRS airbags, other enhanced equipment)
    1993 “Refresh Plan” introduced as premium service for maturing vehicles
    Feb. 1994 Minor model change (16/17” aluminum wheels, reinforced brake pads)
    Mar. 1995 Minor model change (Drive-By-Wire electronic control, F-Matic manual-feel automatic transmission, open-top Type-T added to line-up)
    Feb. 1997 Minor model change (3.2-liter manual transmission model, 6-speed manual transmission, introduction of Type-S)
    Sept. 1999 Minor model change (reduced exhaust emissions, enhanced equipment)
    Dec. 2001 Minor model change (exterior design changes, 17” tires front and back)
    May 2002 New NSX Type-R model introduced
    Oct. 2003 Minor model change (Immobilizer, new body colors)
    <iframe src="www.tvr.co.uk/">

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyperl
    the FQ400 costs $83,100USD, thats close.
    id rather have the FQ than the NSX, even if the prices were reversed.

And like the NSX, you see few if any on the road

Quote Originally Posted by woodstock827
    exactly what i was gonna say...
    horsepower means nothing... if u want power, get a 18-wheeler
    Elise only had 120hp (up now to 190hp US-spec) and it's still a fast car...
    if they can make a car go fast, who cares how much hp it has?

yea there are more cars out there with $90k price tag, but when u get to that kinda price range, it's not really about value anymore... it's more about personal preference... I could get a SLK55 or a Carrera... just personal choice..
    the elise also weighs as much as lindsay lohan soaken wet, and with ther personal preference comment, look back at the sales figures, looks like most prefer other cars

the elise also weighs as much as lindsay lohan soaken wet, and with ther personal preference comment, look back at the sales figures, looks like most prefer other cars
    not really.

The Lotus factory can only produce 4500 cars a year.

They ALL SELL OUT and so far I've never seen any major discounting goign on to shift them

The Elise now accounts for nearly 1/3 of TOTAL LIFETIME sales of Lotus cars !!!!

So actually looking back at sales figures, they are doing bloody well
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    not really.

The Lotus factory can only produce 4500 cars a year.

They ALL SELL OUT and so far I've never seen any major discounting goign on to shift them

The Elise now accounts for nearly 1/3 of TOTAL LIFETIME sales of Lotus cars !!!!

So actually looking back at sales figures, they are doing bloody well

wasant talking about the Lotus, i was talking about the NSX which sold less than 250 in the USA last year (its biggest market)

wasant talking about the Lotus, i was talking about the NSX which sold less than 250 in the USA last year (its biggest market)
    Aha, not what was written/read my bad

Are Honda even PROMOTING the NSX in the US ?
    Nobody in the UK is.
    So no great surprise

Mind you how many have the sold in previous years ??
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information