Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats Wrong WIth Rice?

Whats Wrong WIth Rice?

I know theres lotsa rice haters in here, but i mean what is wrong with rice. If some one wants a slow car that looks and sounds fast, but isint, then its the owners problem. Whats wrong with em. I know its stupid, but shouldnt your problem be with the owner and the over all "car stupid" population?

Quote Originally Posted by Orefus
    I know theres lotsa rice haters in here, but i mean what is wrong with rice. If some one wants a slow car that looks and sounds fast, but isint, then its the owners problem. Whats wrong with em. I know its stupid, but shouldnt your problem be with the owner and the over all "car stupid" population?
    It becomes a problem when you're stuck behind them in traffic and you're sick and tired of hearing their fartcan whizzing. It's just as bad when they talk sht about other people and their cars, saying what they own is fully sic.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

It's not the car, it's the ego of the owner.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Orefus wrote:
    What's wrong with rice?
    Lots. Let's have a list!
    -Fartcans (annoying)
    -Stickers (stupid)
    -Spoilers (pointless)
    -Bangin' stereos (annoying)
    -Bodykits (ugly)
    -Bling wheels (pointless)
    -No engine mods (stupid)
    -A real gimp for a driver, who beats you up if you look at his car funny (annoying)

a spoiler, BBS rims and a coffee can on a 1988 camry, that is whats wrong with rice. Some people do it right and make the cars look good, the vast majority dont and they get the label of rice.

It's a mentality. Not a style. And the word has become so overused, I want to punch anyone who says it in the face. So you don't like their choice of aftermarket parts. Obviously they do. Get over it. It's not your car.

</rant>

I'll rant more later.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

ill Tell U Whats Wrong With Rice Its An Insult To The Car Industry Thats What And U Get Sick Of Seeing Shit Cars Trying To Sound And Look Like Theyre Going Fast When They Look Like Circus Cars

I dont see what wrong with rice. In fact, I love rice.

Mmmm... rice

eat cicada

[sarcasm]Oh, very droll...[/sarcasm]

When we refer to riced cars, we mean their appearance, right?
    And in particular big spoilers, front airdams, big rims with small profile tyres etc.
    Generally, when you refer to the aesthetics of an object, you can't say that there is a rule saying "this looks good" or "this looks bad". It's just a matter of personal taste.

HOWEVER, what most anti-ricers want to express is that riced cars aren't aesthetically homogenous. For example a Civic was designed to look in a certain way, not having 17 inch rims and big wings. It's like putting make-up on my grandmother. My grandfather would like it, but it doesn't mean she should do it.

So, if someone like riced cars it's totally acceptable, but they like something that is an aesthetic paradox.

That's a pretty good way of looking at it... and there are some people with really bad taste that want to see the 76 year old wife looking like a horror comic, or people who dress their pets up in clothes.

My problem with them is that they are pretending to be what they're not...modified cars. When I was in high school, I had friends that had cars that looked "normal" but could blow your doors off down the 1/4 mile. The cars that had custom paint jobs, wheels and so for had high performance mods as well. If any car sound "powerfull" or "fast" is becuase it was...not a coffe can muffler.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

yea but what im saying its their car, let them do w.e they want. u see kids with bad hair and stuff, but what can u do? Folow them screamign RICE!!!!!!!? No, ur jsut gona let them b, And if anyone wants to rice up their cars, o well its their thing, but i mean if they thing its fast, then i gues let them talk shit, make his gf watch, and race him on a schwin.

What about rice done right, like that 1 eclipse i saw here from this guy in iraq.

Quote Originally Posted by Orefus
    yea but what im saying its their car, let them do w.e they want. u see kids with bad hair and stuff, but what can u do? Folow them screamign RICE!!!!!!!? No, ur jsut gona let them b, And if anyone wants to rice up their cars, o well its their thing, but i mean if they thing its fast, then i gues let them talk shit, make his gf watch, and race him on a schwin.

What about rice done right, like that 1 eclipse i saw here from this guy in iraq.
    True, it's their car, but don't expect the rest of us to accept them as real modified high performance cars, which is what they are shooting for.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

what if rice has the perf 2 back it up?

Thread Information