Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car Shop Work Experiance Needed!

so ur saying my autos teacher lied to me? Hes like yea, take this class, and u can make 10.50 a hour on the tire machie. Thats wut he said.

can you say-- gullible?

My dad owns a shop here in ohio. Youll have to learn alot more then that to work in a shop. Heck im 16 to and know how to do alot more then that and ive never been in a program or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra
    youll need to get personal insurance cover on yourself to do ANYTHING in the workshop. Best bet is to try some unpaid volunteer work. Work your guts out at it and if theyre impressed and theres room they could quite possibly hire you.

Or you could get an apprenticeship....
    If you read his response to my post you will see he's not interested in working to get a job...

Yes!,as a Mechanic trainee!

Quote Originally Posted by Orefus
    hey guys, i have questions for thouse of you that work in car workshops. I took autos 1 and 2, and i learned how to change tires, use the tire macine, chainge trans fluid, work on brakes ( a little), how to replace the cams, take of the cylinder head, and change the timing belts. I was wondering what is it like to work in a shop, and also how you got the job. Note, that this will be my first job, and you think anyone will hire me?

Thouse who flame me are idiots
    Yes!,as a Mechanic trainee!,you already acquired enough knowledge for a beginner,I remember that the US army tried to open such a shop in My birthplace in Ramadi,but'It's gone with the khamsin wind''
    Poppies.popies.Popayan!

so ur saying my autos teacher lied to me? Hes like yea, take this class, and u can make 10.50 a hour on the tire machie. Thats wut he said.
    Orefus... Perhaps you could learn proper spelling and grammar before you attempt to become a mechanic. I'm not trying to be rude but reading posts which contain terrible grammar and spelling is frustrating.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Perhaps you could notice that he hasn't been back to this site since November
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv
    You have to be 18, unless you are buddies with the owner, but its for insurance reasons and even if you are buddies with them they will say you have to be 18. Previous experience helps a lot, not just what you did in school.
    There's your answer right there.

And don't even think you'll be getting towards those high-dollar makers.

Lamborghini Dallas won't hire anyone to work on cars without quite a few years of college and without a good word in for them. I've been offered an apprenticeship, but I can't take it for a while.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

If a place offered you an apprenticeship I'm sure they are aware of you experience (or lack of) otherwise they wouldn't have made the offer in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t
    If a place offered you an apprenticeship I'm sure they are aware of you experience (or lack of) otherwise they wouldn't have made the offer in the first place.
    Well, it wasn't to work in the shop.

I was offered it to learn "the ways of the salesmen."
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

If I could sell stuff I'd be a salesman, imagine the commission from selling a Murrciolaggo!

I'm not entirely sure, but I think here, you get about 1/4 to 1/3 of the sale.

So, you do the math for a $320,000 car.
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

If that is the commission you can get then take the job and fix cars as a hobby if that is what you wanted to do.

Thread Information