Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Neighbors AC, ARRRGH!

Neighbors AC, ARRRGH!

Jeezus christ, the year before they installed the window one, god that was loud, and now they installed the ones that work outdoors, only problem they did it outside my window. Whenever i open my window i hear that noise, and even when i close it i hear a little hum. Its soo annoying. They always use the AC, even when its chilly out. Anyone have shit happen to you like this? Ive been thinking of purchasing stink bombs and putting them in, stink up their whole apartment. This is ruining my summer.

The obvious solution is to go elsewhere.

put a blanket over your window or something.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Glue the airco shut.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Maybe the have bodies in their apartment...

Aren't their noise pollution laws in the US ?
    have you had it measured ???
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Yes, and then sue them!
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Aren't their noise pollution laws in the US ?
    have you had it measured ???
    we have something called Neighbours laws. i don't know exactly whats in it, i just saw some a brochure at my job but i think you can even sue them for this

If this is ruining your summer, you need to find some better things to do/worry about.

Also, if neighbor installed an AC unit and it's right outside your window and loud enough to bother you with your window shut, your houses must be VERY close together.

There would be no laws that would protect someone against someone else's air conditioning unit in the middle of summer. Since you said it was installed recently, I assume that means that it's new. That's probably just how loud AC units are and you're either going to have to live with it or move elsewhere.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Also, if neighbor installed an AC unit and it's right outside your window and loud enough to bother you with your window shut, your houses must be VERY close together.
    His post says he lives in an apartment and all apartments are connected so yea, their 'houses' are VERY close. Their actually connected.

Most places have a certain decible lvl you have to be under at a certain time of the night. If its keeping you from getting as much sleep theres a lot of things you could do, some self-beneficial.
    UPC's most heavy Bawls drinker. :D

You could just hook into his air-con and get the benefits of cooler air. It likely wont' sound as loud then as you're benefitting from it
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

wrap the aircon in a mattress
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Just install a louder one yourself
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Jam the airco! (For instructions on how to do this properly, I'd like to refer to the motion picture Spaceballs.)

(Ted Joans)

Thread Information