Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Modern Muscle Cars

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    and another one spot on

It's nto jsut limited to "muscle" though as the rumoured re-entry of "Alpine" is going to be on a restyled Nissan 350Z platform. Alpines are ONLY Alpines if they're ideal balance, mid engine rear drive and VERY fast if a little hairy at the limit on corners
    Well the its sad when they hammer this kind of stuff into the ground....we should be doing something orignoal not copying the past.

I'm all for the revival of the Camaro and the Challenger. But I do have a significant problem with what GM has done with its other storied muscle cars. Look at the Impala and Monte Carlo. Sure GM decided to put V8s in both this model year, but on a FWD platform. I think there are some good ideas in legendary car revival, but for every good one there is a bad one.

At least the new muscle cars have some muscle to go with the revived names. I remember when GM took a Corolla and rebadged it a Nova. This was in the eighties so the death of the original Nova was still fresh. That was shocking!

I don't mind the revival as long as the cars are RWD and V8. Performance upgrades can come later and they will. Teh aftermarket is full of performance parts for imports. I don't see why it'd be any different for the revived Muscle cars.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    At least the new muscle cars have some muscle to go with the revived names. I remember when GM took a Corolla and rebadged it a Nova. This was in the eighties so the death of the original Nova was still fresh. That was shocking!

I don't mind the revival as long as the cars are RWD and V8. Performance upgrades can come later and they will. Teh aftermarket is full of performance parts for imports. I don't see why it'd be any different for the revived Muscle cars.

I don't remember the death of the Nova....still to young I guess!

Quote Originally Posted by pAinTrAin
    I don't remember the death of the Nova....still to young I guess!
    Click here and go down to "1985 Revival", after the '79 model the Nova name came back as a Corolla.
    Nova
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    Click here and go down to "1985 Revival", after the '79 model the Nova name came back as a Corolla.
    Nova

That makes my cry almost...just said, to see a muscle car die like that. Reading that just got me thinking, my next muscle project is going to be a Nova...and I'm going to give it 500+ HP

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    and another one spot on

It's nto jsut limited to "muscle" though as the rumoured re-entry of "Alpine" is going to be on a restyled Nissan 350Z platform. Alpines are ONLY Alpines if they're ideal balance, mid engine rear drive and VERY fast if a little hairy at the limit on corners
    So its really the car's character that differenciates them, isn't it? Tell this to GM who just change the badge to create a new 'car'.
    But still i would this as a charger.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    John Buffum was the man.

UCP's most violent member; a lump of destructive energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    Well the its sad when they hammer this kind of stuff into the ground....we should be doing something orignoal not copying the past.
    Take a drive in the original charger. Then take a look at the new one.
    You will BARF on it.
    This 'original' stuff isn't even 25% as good as the old things.
    John Buffum was the man.

UCP's most violent member; a lump of destructive energy.

I personally see the Viper as a modern day muscle car. A huge engine, no TC, and abs was a recent addition. This car is so raw, it might as well be sushi.

im not too worried, imho americans are doing it wrong in many respects with the re-invigoration of the muscle car sector. Call me stupidly proud but im damned happy with the HSV's and FPV's down under, they are terrific "muscle cars" and true grand tourers. For christ's sakes Ford US, take a look over at FPV and see how shit your own sedans are...
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by rev440
    The LS7 which is a 427 is a pretty sweet engine. Chevy is trying to come out with a new camaro its debuting at Detroit this year. I hope the new one isnt retro the only old camaro I liked was the 1967-1969 the last generation(4th gen) was awesome I liked the way it looked.

Funny I like the 67-69 Camaros also but find the stock look of the 4th gen to be ugly, but you toss a ram-air hood on with some nice rims they start to look good!, Im more of a 1st and 3rd gen guy

MY wife bought 2006 Dodge Charger hEMI DAYTONA IT CLAIMS TO HAVE 10 MORE HP BECAUSE OF EXAUST&INTAKE UPGRADES DOES THIS GIVE IT BETTER 1/4 MILE TIME THAN BASIC R/T MODEL??

I love the idea of celebrating the classics by remaking them in today's "language"
    But the classics have to be left in the past and now american muscle has to now be athletic and dynamic. The new challenger and camaro would be utterly fantastic if they combined the classic elements of the oldies and the ultimate drivers car.

http://<span style="font-family: Imp...egt.com</span>

Thread Information