Thread: Ferraris Parade Across The Golden Gate Bridge

Ferraris Parade Across The Golden Gate Bridge

After the Empire State Building in New York City was lit up in red for one night in 2004 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Prancing Horse arrival in North America, the United States is once more honouring Ferrari.

On Wednesday, August 17, while around 100 new and vintage Ferraris participating in Ferrari North America’s Challenge Rally cruised by San Francisco, the city’s Mayor, the Hon. Gavin Newsom, officially proclaimed this day "Ferrari Day".

Coming from the Napa Valley wine region, at 12:15 p.m. almost one hundred of the most beautiful and exclusive Ferraris present in the United States reached San Francisco parading across the world-wide famous Golden Gate Bridge at the tip of the Bay of Angels on their way to the conclusion of the three-day Ferrari Challenge Rally – the event for owners and collectors that Ferrari North America organises every year in the most beautiful areas of the United States and Canada.

"The tie between California and Ferrari is a special one, not only because this State is historically Ferrari’s largest market in the United States," says Maurizio Parlato, President and CEO of Ferrari North America, "but also because of the presence, among California drivers, of some of the noblest names in the history of Scuderia Ferrari – from Dan Gurney to Richie Ginther to the 1961 Formula One World Champion Phil Hill, whom Ferrari will honour on Saturday at a gala event in Pebble Beach."

In the prestigious setting of the Pebble Beach golf course, this weekend Ferrari will present its newest FXX model to a selected audience of American collectors and clients.
    Attached Images Attached Images

two more photos
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice. You got any more pictures.

They will be good entrants in the Automotive Photo comp.
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Sounds brill, and get some more pics up soon.
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Haha! Wouter and nopassn etc. are all in the area and they missed out!
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

right click-save as
    My Photography-
    [url]http://www.JTPhotos.net[/url]

[url]http://www.anything-auto.net[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by valgabr
    two more photos
    if you're overpaid, have a bald shiny head, 5 stone overweight and couldnt think of anything else to buy with your money put your hands in the air!!

Auckland, New Zealand & Balikpapan, Indonesia
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik
    if you're overpaid, have a bald shiny head, 5 stone overweight and couldnt think of anything else to buy with your money put your hands in the air!!
    haha....

anyways... that guy in the enzo, the steering wheel looks way too high for the driver. he's either very very short... or he's one of those pimp drivers, Lean back!
    "Rejection is better than regret. It's better to try and know you did your part, than to spend the rest of your days wishing you had tried"

Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    Haha! Wouter and nopassn etc. are all in the area and they missed out!
    that was the same Wednesday that I was in Monterey, at the Jet Center... and about that same time, I was sitting in the Breadvan. I didn't know abou it, but even if i had, I would have traded seeing it for sitting in the Breadvan
    ...Utah! Get me two...

Thread Information