Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favorite muscle car

all right just don't get me mad then AM SORRY Rockefella OK I just can't stand people who say mopar's arn't cool

Nice to see such excellently debated and well thought out opinions and arguments.
    Thanks for all the fish

Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Nice to see such excellently debated and well thought out opinions and arguments.
    I was just joking at first, I didn't think it would come to that.

[EDIT] I warned Mopar through a PM, and he replied, with an apology. I'll let this issue blow over because I was purposely 'busting your chops', but make sure this doesn't happen in the future. I'll clean up this thread now.
    Last edited by Rockefella; 09-23-2005 at 12:55 PM.

so any way wut car would be cool to drive?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    I was just joking at first, I didn't think it would come to that.
    I thought your end of the debate was executed flawlessly
    Thanks for all the fish

man you should see me when some one just starts messin with me in public I lose it

Quote Originally Posted by MOPAR KICKS ASS
    all right just don't get me mad then AM SORRY Rockefella OK I just can't stand people who say mopar's arn't cool
    You should learn to control your emotions, especially considering this:
    man you should see me when some one just starts messin with me in public I lose it
    People have opinions, and you have to respect that, as long as they're not discriminatory, prejudiced, negative, etc. Cheers.

so I like the sound of the engine in the muscle cars

so I like the sound of the engine in the muscle cars
    Talk to a member named Werty. He's got a 67? Chevy Camaro with +/- 400 hp, and a full exhaust + headers. He can talk to you about how muscle cars sound, since he knows from experience.

ok my dad owned a dodge charger when he was young and sold it because he lived in deleno PA the roads had salt and salt ruins pant

I prefer the old Mopars having had quite a few of them, most of them not big on the performance end (a lot of 318cid engined cars
    • '74 Charger (318)
    • '71 Charger (318)
    • '73 Duster (slant 6 until replaced with a decently built 360 - ran a best of 13.1 in the 1/4)
    • '75 Roadrunner (318 - a glorified Fury with a stripe kit and beep beep horn)
    • '73 Charger (318 - kinda built, later replaced with a stock 440 running nitrous - ran a best of 12.7)
    • '69 Super Bee (440 - sold it for $3500 more than I paid for it later that same day)
    • '70 Roadrunner (originally a 383 car replaced with a well built 440, later added nitrous, best 1/4 10.85 @ 131 straight motor and 10.22 @ 144 on the bottle)

It's not that I didn't like the Fords or GMs, there was just so many Mustangs (late model and Mach 1's, Torinos, Chevelles, Novas, Cutlasses, Camaros and Trans Ams etc), that owning a Chrysler "underdog" put you in "elite" company .... not to mention the outrageous colors: the Mopar mafia consisted of a Plum Crazy '74 Charger and '71 Challenger, Top Banana '70 Challenger, Lime Green '68 Charger, Panther Pink '71 Challenger, Basin Street Blue '71 Duster, Burnt Orange '70 Demon, Hemi Orange '71 Roadrunner and my '70 Lime Green Roadrunner.

There is no bad musclecar - except the old AMC AMXs, Javelins, Ramblers etc j/k, it all boils down to personal preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by NoOne
    I prefer the old Mopars having had quite a few of them, most of them not big on the performance end (a lot of 318cid engined cars
    • '74 Charger (318)
    • '71 Charger (318)
    • '73 Duster (slant 6 until replaced with a decently built 360 - ran a best of 13.1 in the 1/4)
    • '75 Roadrunner (318 - a glorified Fury with a stripe kit and beep beep horn)
    • '73 Charger (318 - kinda built, later replaced with a stock 440 running nitrous - ran a best of 12.7)
    • '69 Super Bee (440 - sold it for $3500 more than I paid for it later that same day)
    • '70 Roadrunner (originally a 383 car replaced with a well built 440, later added nitrous, best 1/4 10.85 @ 131 straight motor and 10.22 @ 144 on the bottle)

It's not that I didn't like the Fords or GMs, there was just so many Mustangs (late model and Mach 1's, Torinos, Chevelles, Novas, Cutlasses, Camaros and Trans Ams etc), that owning a Chrysler "underdog" put you in "elite" company .... not to mention the outrageous colors: the Mopar mafia consisted of a Plum Crazy '74 Charger and '71 Challenger, Top Banana '70 Challenger, Lime Green '68 Charger, Panther Pink '71 Challenger, Basin Street Blue '71 Duster, Burnt Orange '70 Demon, Hemi Orange '71 Roadrunner and my '70 Lime Green Roadrunner.
    I, too, am a big Mopar fan (just look at my list in my sig).

I am a fan of all the '60s/early '70s U.S. muscle cars. But I leaned to Mopars because one of my brothers had one ('66 Plymouth Fury III 318 V-8) and I eventually owned one, too ('66 Dodge Dart GT 273 V-8).

As you said, you see Camaros and Mustangs everywhere, plus those cars are too small for me (I like a BIG trunk). Generally, the Mopar muscle cars had well-built engines and the Torqueflite automatic transmission was the best in the business. My favorite Mopar engine is the 440... big and powerful, tons of torque and reliable. I also like the 340 and 383 (the Hemi, too, but those require much upkeep).

The 318s, though considered a "small" engine back in the '60s, does repsond to modifications. Just doing a few upgrades (cam, headers, bigger carb, intake manifold, lower axle ratio, shift kit) would put your '74 Charger from the 17s to the 15s in the 1/4 mile. Not bad for a 3,800+ lb car with a "small" V-8!
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs
    all the mopar cars were piles of crap and the hemi motors sucked, if you wanted a good car you got one with the 440 but if you wanted a real good car you just steered away from chyrsler all together.

my pics:

1. 69 ZL1 camaro
    2. 69 boss 429
    3. 67 shelby gt500 (427 cu)
    4. 70 pontiac GTO judge (455 ram air IV)
    5. 71 chevy chevelle SS 454
    ?Mopars especially Hemi cars are the most desirable muscle cars ever made ......bar none! I give you some credit however you dream list is a good list with the exception of no MOPARS on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JKLNHYDE
    ?Mopars especially Hemi cars are the most desirable muscle cars ever made ......bar none! I give you some credit however you dream list is a good list with the exception of no MOPARS on it.
    Stop reviving old threads with your fanboy comments.

Thread Information