Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The GT4 Challenge: Round 9

Yeah, you're right. Stupid inadequate progamming, it won't convert HP to BHP.
    "Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago." -Warren Buffett

i sense sarcasm....
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    i sense sarcasm....
    The progamming was incomplete that's why HP won't convert to BHP.
    EX: 500HP=500BHP
    "Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago." -Warren Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer

Ok, I'm confused. You guys say that yours only go to 600 in quick tune, that right? Mine has 608 bhp STOCK. Adding the 20% quicktune takes it 730. The weight of mine is 1120kg STOCK and 1008 after the 10% reduction.

I don't actually own the car anymore in GT mode so can't really check what it comes with when you first get it. Can anyone do this for me please.

Can we clarify that we were all using the same car here: Nissan Fairlady Z Concept LM Race Car '02

The only explanation I can think of is that it is perhaps a quirk in the game whereby there are slight differences in stats between the US and UK versions of the game. Any other theories???

Yes, ours is in HP.
    Attached Images Attached Images

no its just the same thing, read:

bhp is the symbol for Brake Horsepower. It is just a way to measure the horsepower a vehicle. Basically it is just a brake attached to the shaft.

Since horsepower is the power output, and brake horsepower is the effective power output, bhp may be slightly lower, but they are the same thing.

A 1.5 bhp engine is a 1.5 hp engine.
    so the conclusion would be that EITHER jack used a different car, and some nifty PS work, or he tuned the car in GT4 mode
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Are some of you all using the Nissan Fairlady Z Concept LM RC and others using the Nissan 350Z Concept LM RC?

Ok maybe we should check a few of my previous ones.

Here are the screenshots of 4 of my previous winning times, could somebody please check whether there is the same discrepancy between power figures between the UK and US versions.

Also, I was always under the impression that HP and BHP were essentially the same thing. The "brake" part is just added as a reference to the way in which it is measured.

Stolen from http://www.pumaracing.co.uk/power1.htm

BHP and HP
    All the B means is "brake". The old word for a dyno - because the engine torque was measured by applying a brake to the flywheel rather than a torque converter or electrical motor which is how it's done nowadays. There's no other difference between the two and they both just mean horsepower.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

no its just the same thing, read:

so the conclusion would be that EITHER jack used a different car, and some nifty PS work, or he tuned the car in GT4 mode
    I thought in GT4 they just forgot to program it to convert the HP to BHP, in the American Version?

I wouldnt mind racing on Super Speedway. That would be REALLY, really close racing. I'm talking maybe several thousandths between winning and losing. OR we could do Nurburgring. THAT would really seperate the winners and losers.
    eat cicada

so the conclusion would be that EITHER jack used a different car, and some nifty PS work
    I used the exact car that I specified when I set the challenge, with the full quicktune as the rules specified. Plus I have absolutely no knowledge of photo-shopping so I DEFINITELY couldn't have faked it like that. (I doubt anyone could to be honest!)

or he tuned the car in GT4 mode
    Tuning in GT mode doesn't have any bearing on the power in arcade mode as far as I know. I've checked and, for example, my BMW GTR Race Car has 670bhp in GT mode yet in arcade mode it came with 444bhp stock when we did the challenge a few weeks ago. Also my Elise as over 300bhp in GT mode but went back to the standard 189bhp for the challenge we did the other week.

Plus as I said earlier I don't even have the car in GT mode anymore, I sold it after just a few races IIRC.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

how about someone who uses hp just changes the games setting (setttings>misc) to bhp and tries the car and sees what comes up.

Look how close his time is to the rest of us. He obviously is using the same car.
    Last edited by Bob; 08-30-2005 at 05:08 PM.

Maybe it has something to do with you selling the car. Did Jack ever tune the car while he owned it. Maybe someone should tune this car to the max in GT mode and then sell it. Lets see what happens.
    eat cicada

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
    I used the exact car that I specified when I set the challenge, with the full quicktune as the rules specified. Plus I have absolutely no knowledge of photo-shopping so I DEFINITELY couldn't have faked it like that. (I doubt anyone could to be honest!)

Tuning in GT mode doesn't have any bearing on the power in arcade mode as far as I know. I've checked and, for example, my BMW GTR Race Car has 670bhp in GT mode yet in arcade mode it came with 444bhp stock when we did the challenge a few weeks ago. Also my Elise as over 300bhp in GT mode but went back to the standard 189bhp for the challenge we did the other week.

Plus as I said earlier I don't even have the car in GT mode anymore, I sold it after just a few races IIRC.

The Elise tunes to 227HP in my game, so there's a difference in the other direction.

Edit: Standard HP is 189 for it so same as Jack's.
    Last edited by Dino Scuderia; 08-30-2005 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    how about someone who uses hp just changes the games setting (setttings>misc) to bhp and tries the car and sees what comes up.

Look how close his time is to the rest of us. He obviously is using the same car, bhp is smaller than hp, the diff is small at low power, but in higher powered vehicles its noticable. I posted this like fourth thing in the thread, everyone ignore me?
    Quote Originally Posted by GT F1
    The progamming was incomplete that's why HP won't convert to BHP.
    EX: 500HP=500BHP
    Anyone listen to me?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    Well, I tried changing the units on mine and as I expected it came up with exactly the same figues. I'm telling you, there is no appreciable difference between HP and BHP.

Has anybody gone back to check the power figures of the previous challenges that I attached earlier? I really would like to know whether this is just some bizarre quirk of the game with this particular car or if there is a more serious problem here.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Thread Information