Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • iPod 20gb

21 58.33%
  • iPod nano 4gb

15 41.67%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: iPod vs iPod nano

all of you are idiots. the 20GB is $299. the nano 4gb is 249. I have had 3 iPods over the past 4 years, and all have worked awesome. grow up to the apple haters, they make way better products than anyone else. http://store.apple.com

why have you had 3 ??
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

iPod Minis are quoted at about 10 hours, but even Apple acknowledged there were flaws with the product.

iPod 20Gb Colours are quoted at 15 hours, but again 12 or so is closer, I have a 40Gb model and it's always been a consistent 10 hour performer.

Obviously Cotterik Doesn't like his Apples, and to be fair when I Stole my Sisters Sennheisers from her iRiver i found sound quality to be better.

It's an ease of use thing; I've tried using my Sisters B/F's Sony Music player, and I got lost in menus. the sound quality was marginal at best.

It's a personal preferance thing. i wouldn't change to a Nano because i have too much stuff, but I wouldn't change out of an Apple because i find it hell easy to use. And, WHen the market agrees with me (75% or better market share speaks volumes) i'll stick with what I have.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

I was refering to the fact that the battery retains less charge each time you recharge it, eventually becoming useless, which was a problem on the ipod since you can't replace the battery.

I'm not happy with Apple products because of their pricing.

Fair enough that different taxes aswell as various transport and logistical expenses can account for some of the price difference between US and UK versions of products, but how do they explain the difference in the cost of music from iTunes?
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by driftnWRX
    all of you are idiots. the 20GB is $299. the nano 4gb is 249. I have had 3 iPods over the past 4 years, and all have worked awesome. grow up to the apple haters, they make way better products than anyone else. http://store.apple.com
    You're an idiot for buying 3 different I-pods.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    I was refering to the fact that the battery retains less charge each time you recharge it, eventually becoming useless, which was a problem on the ipod since you can't replace the battery.

I'm not happy with Apple products because of their pricing.

Fair enough that different taxes aswell as various transport and logistical expenses can account for some of the price difference between US and UK versions of products, but how do they explain the difference in the cost of music from iTunes?
    I'll field that last question.

iTunes is a program thats country specific, and as such needs to deal with the record companies of that particular country, In Australia it's actually become a big fight, as Sony doesn't want to sign over the rights to their songs because their trying to pedal ATRAC plus.

So, because of the individual agreements the Record Companies reach with the iTunes of that country, the price is different.

theres a Sony one that has 20gb and has 40 hour batter life. and it cost as much as the Ipod Nano, its aalled NW 5.

www.walkman.com , i think

Link Not Working. But I know the one you mean.

30 Hour Battery life. 20Gb Hard Drive; Monochrome Screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Nano for me. Color, smaller, 4gb is enough space for music, looks better, and it's newer. (prob. more reliable)
    oooo black or white-theyre both grate, my family each has an ipod ofr our specific needs; sis-mini (green) me-10G ipod mom-20G photo dad-soon to be nano. so just wait and ill give you a full opinion of the nano
    Don't bother me, I'm probably working while posting...

UCP's biggest...oh man...i got nothin'

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    So, because of the individual agreements the Record Companies reach with the iTunes of that country, the price is different.
    Sounds like an excuse, rather than a cause, to me.

I'm sure they could work round it if they wanted to - it can't be that hard to generate a single, global price by taking one or two pennies/cents off in one country and adding them on in another.
    Thanks for all the fish

While on the subject, check out what my GF got me tonight

My birthday is in 6 days and she couldn't hide it any longer....

My entire music folder contains 1.85Gb, so 2Gb will do just fine for me (needless to say that I don't listen to many of those songs any longer which gives me even more space). Color screen, saves files, pics, excellent size, etc and I love it... So obviously Nano for me, screw the big guy

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Sounds like an excuse, rather than a cause, to me.

I'm sure they could work round it if they wanted to - it can't be that hard to generate a single, global price by taking one or two pennies/cents off in one country and adding them on in another.
    A global price is an excellent idea, but then it starts leading into the whole "Music Piracy" issue, despite the fact that people are made to pay to access iTunes music, if it was a global server i'm sure the record companies could Sue Apple or something.

That or Apple is just lazy

I don't see how there would be issues - the existing iTunes structure, with seperate "stores" for different countries, could still be used. All they'd need to do would be to adjust pricing for each country.

Could it just be that the 4 main record companies (BMG/Sony, EMI, Universal and Warner Bros) are acting as an illegal cartel to keep music prices artificially high?
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    While on the subject, check out what my GF got me tonight

My birthday is in 6 days and she couldn't hide it any longer....

My entire music folder contains 1.85Gb, so 2Gb will do just fine for me (needless to say that I don't listen to many of those songs any longer which gives me even more space). Color screen, saves files, pics, excellent size, etc and I love it... So obviously Nano for me, screw the big guy
    i have the same 1 ( 2gb black nano) and its perfect incredibly small u cant even notice its in ur pocet very light and 2gb is like 28h(i think) of non stop music that is more than enough and each time i want to change all i have to do is plug it in my pc.. though i dont like the battery system but lets face it in a year or so a new model will hit production and i will change it so it dosnt bother me that i cant change the battery
    but i think in traveling the battery might piss u off since u only got about 8h

I would get the 20gig.....$50 for 16 gigs......
    pondering things

Thread Information