36. You may not vote on this poll
  • iPod 20gb

21 58.33%
  • iPod nano 4gb

15 41.67%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: iPod vs iPod nano

Quote Originally Posted by driftnWRX
    haha, i do respect myself and my iPods. but, please, you just embarrassed yourself. try a spell check next time. cheers.
    not everybody have english as their first language

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    While on the subject, check out what my GF got me tonight

My birthday is in 6 days and she couldn't hide it any longer....

My entire music folder contains 1.85Gb, so 2Gb will do just fine for me (needless to say that I don't listen to many of those songs any longer which gives me even more space). Color screen, saves files, pics, excellent size, etc and I love it... So obviously Nano for me, screw the big guy
    its all scratched already! looks a bit plain to me..

But those new style earphone wires look pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    What a load of bullshit. Sounds like you're talking about Supercars.net the. The vast majority of UCP are very mature people who don't just say stuff like that. It sounds, to me at least, you don't browse UCP much at all, as you don't know shit about the members here.
    I am glad UCP fits your age group. I have no problem with UCP, I browse threads here and there, but I spend most of my time on technical car forums (see RX7club.com) where the average age is greater than 15. (In fact, mods, I am curious what is the average UCP member age really is). I just see way too many ridiculous posts by 14-15 year olds who think they know everything about cars and whatever topic is being discussed, meanwhile flaming everyone else. A lot of you aren't even old enough to drive.

Matra: I concede to your point about the visual effects, however, many major studios still use Final Cut Pro to edit films. I should know, as my uncle works in the film industry. Macs are used much more than any of you think. And, as you said, Macs are used heavily in TV and advertising.

white devil: Haha, I didn't mean to sound like an asshole for calling you out on your spelling. I understand english is not your first language, but you don't need to flame me for something so petty my mentioning I have owned three different iPods.

Right- the iPod 20Gb is much better value for money. Here, pay an extra 30 pounds and get an extra 16Gb. Simple. The Nano I'd only take because my music collection ain't huge, and because it's smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    check up your facts.
    Macs are used extensively by TV and advertisign agencies.

Possibly small film crews may use them.

Serious film companies used bespoke hardware - use to be Apollo and tehn SUN and some of the largets now use HP.
    For high resolution it takes LOTS of compute power that mutli-processor serviers delliver.
    The ultimate machines for rendering all those 3D movies are HP

The niche tha Mac once held isnt' that strong anymore.
    As ever time moves on
    The compositing in Lord Of The Rings was done on Macs (with Shake). Rendering was done with Pixar Renderman on some x86 farm but the compositing was done on Macs. And there are many many other movies that also have Macs involved in their production. Your statement that only small film crews use them is just false. Rendering is just a part of the job..

And as stated FCP is used more and more for big films these days as well.

PS: I just bought a 20GB iPod to replace my 4GB mini. They were out of 4GB Nano's. The 20GB is for in the car and I'll buy a nano sometime later. I'm diggin' the new chip set used for decoding. Much better sound than my mini.

driftnWRXdon't try to talk to the PC fanboys, they don't know better. The just love bashing things they don't know. Don't waste your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda
    The compositing in Lord Of The Rings was done on Macs (with Shake). Rendering was done with Pixar Renderman on some x86 farm but the compositing was done on Macs. And there are many many other movies that also have Macs involved in their production. Your statement that only small film crews use them is just false. Rendering is just a part of the job..

And as stated FCP is used more and more for big films these days as well.

PS: I just bought a 20GB iPod to replace my 4GB mini. They were out of 4GB Nano's. The 20GB is for in the car and I'll buy a nano sometime later. I'm diggin' the new chip set used for decoding. Much better sound than my mini.

driftnWRXdon't try to talk to the PC fanboys, they don't know better. The just love bashing things they don't know. Don't waste your time.
    Well done, you've completed the challenge of owning Matra. And- forensics in the US of A use Mac.

white devil: Haha, I didn't mean to sound like an asshole for calling you out on your spelling. I understand english is not your first language, but you don't need to flame me for something so petty my mentioning I have owned three different iPods.
    that s not even what i mentioned all i said is that their is no need for u to come and call some members stupid or dumbass and that is embaresing urself i dont care if u have 10 ipods and i already said that my nano will be replaceds when a new ipod(more useful1) will come to production

I'm really debating whether to get an iPod nano before my trip after christmas......
    pondering things

Quote Originally Posted by targa
    I'm really debating whether to get an iPod nano before my trip after christmas......
    Be sure to get one long enough before Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda
    I believe the computing was run on a farm of IBM Blade servers hosted in the NZ telecom server hall.

Apple Shake SOFTWARE was used, but I understood all the compute, including compositing an integral part of Shake was done on the X86 blades.
    The visualisation was on SGI Linux.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I am glad UCP fits your age group. I have no problem with UCP, I browse threads here and there, but I spend most of my time on technical car forums (see RX7club.com) where the average age is greater than 15. (In fact, mods, I am curious what is the average UCP member age really is). I just see way too many ridiculous posts by 14-15 year olds who think they know everything about cars and whatever topic is being discussed, meanwhile flaming everyone else. A lot of you aren't even old enough to drive.

Matra: I concede to your point about the visual effects, however, many major studios still use Final Cut Pro to edit films. I should know, as my uncle works in the film industry. Macs are used much more than any of you think. And, as you said, Macs are used heavily in TV and advertising.

I believe a lot of our members are above 20. To name a few, Wouter, Crisis, Matra Et Alpine, Noone, Taz, Matt, Nopassn, LovinVanquishS Henk4, Vaigra (I think) and lots more people.

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,

Are you flaming UCP? Btw if you have an earlier joining date it doesn't mean you can flame ppl. It's the age of gaming, and Mac doesn't support most of the games. I get the point the you said about Mac being useful in the film industry, but it's not as good as Windows for a regular person's needs. And iPod? No thanks, I rather use my cell phone.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    Are you flaming UCP? Btw if you have an earlier joining date it doesn't mean you can flame ppl. It's the age of gaming, and Mac doesn't support most of the games. I get the point the you said about Mac being useful in the film industry, but it's not as good as Windows for a regular person's needs. And iPod? No thanks, I rather use my cell phone.
    Am I flaming UCP? Well if you read this part: "I have no problem with UCP," it is clear I am not flaming UCP. The fact I mentioned my join date was only to clarify that I am not "new," and less new than you infact.

The fact is, sometimes people deserve to be flamed, especially if they state such ignorant facts, such as your post about Macs and iPods. Irregardless, if you are into games, great, PCs have lots of damn games. However, when people grow up, computers mean less for gaming and more for career or professional usage. The "age of gaming," yeah right... maybe if you are 14.

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Am I flaming UCP? Well if you read this part: "I have no problem with UCP," it is clear I am not flaming UCP. The fact I mentioned my join date was only to clarify that I am not "new," and less new than you infact.

The fact is, sometimes people deserve to be flamed, especially if they state such ignorant facts, such as your post about Macs and iPods. Irregardless, if you are into games, great, PCs have lots of damn games. However, when people grow up, computers mean less for gaming and more for career or professional usage. The "age of gaming," yeah right... maybe if you are 14.
    So you're complaining about other's posts with your point of view. And I can tell that you're discriminant against ppl in a certain age group. Since you think you're much more "grown up" yourself you should know it's immature to offend one's opinions. I never said that I was posting "facts". This will be my last post in this thread because I don't wanna see another flame. Not liking some of Apple's products doesn't mean I'm an Apple hater. If you look back in this thread, every one of your posts is flame: "Apple haters grow up", " You can't even spell", "A lotta ppl in UCP is in that age group"
    Last edited by NuclearCrap; 09-26-2005 at 11:02 PM.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

20gb!
    its the veyron compared to nano!

Thread Information