Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My car plus friends' rides..

It's stock at the moment. I have a K&N panel filter on order just for a bit of induction sound (too quiet for a rotary) and I am considering a Hymee exhaust but I promised the wife I wouldn't mod this one (she won't see the air filter and doesn't ride in it enough to notice a difference in sound haha).

I wouldn't bother with preformance mods coz there's nothing in them unless you go FI... and I like the stock wheels and suspension as they are, and it has the full factory bodykit so no tinkering there either.

Ask me again in a year and I'll probably have a different answer... I just can't help myself

Whats the Prodrive get? That's a UK-only spec isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by DrGonzo View Post
    Matra I won't get into an argument with you about this and I do respect the rules but don't you think a warning was a bit harsh? And why wasn't there a reply option on your PM?
    From what I recall you didn't receive any 'points' from the infraction Matra handed out. With our points system from the red/yellow cards, you receive a one-day temporary ban after 5 points from which the ban could increase after point accumulations. (points disappear after about a month)

Yep, UK limited run of 700.
    The cars were shipped to ProDrive who stripped the suspension and exhaust and wheels. Replacing with their own spec, lowered the car, stiffening it up, modified geometry, reduced unsprung weight and a free-flowing exhaust ( still with Cat ).
    The handling is quite a bit better on one of the best handling cars around and enables it to keep up with much more powerful/expesnive cars
    At the ProDrive trackday they told us that ProDrive HAD engine upgrades too, but Mazda blocked those. Possibly to avoid the bad-rep the tuned RX-7s gave the Wankel engine !!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

It's stock at the moment. I have a K&N panel filter on order just for a bit of induction sound (too quiet for a rotary) and I am considering a Hymee exhaust but I promised the wife I wouldn't mod this one (she won't see the air filter and doesn't ride in it enough to notice a difference in sound haha).

I wouldn't bother with preformance mods coz there's nothing in them unless you go FI... and I like the stock wheels and suspension as they are, and it has the full factory bodykit so no tinkering there either.

Ask me again in a year and I'll probably have a different answer... I just can't help myself

i won't tempt you with the supercharger kit they've put together here (brisbane or melbourne? i can't remember) then
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Thread Information