Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GT5 HD Video Preview

GT5 HD Video Preview

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=7699&type=wmv

Found this today whilst looknig into GT5 *said to be released 2007* and personally I think it looks amazing. The fact that they'll have more than 6 cars per race now is something I've wanted in the series since GT3. Glad they're doing it.

Hope she aint a repost.
    "'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'

The cars in it look awesome. I'll have PS3 by then

new to me. *Thumbs up*
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Called Vision Gran Turismo,the producer is considering complex crash simulating and realistic damage modeling to cars.
    ALFA ROMEO-Poetry In Motion

Quote Originally Posted by denisvn93
    Called Vision Gran Turismo,the producer is considering complex crash simulating and realistic damage modeling to cars.
    That's because Forza has it, it's a major league competition now.

i really dont get why so many people have a fetish for damage, instead of damage have more tracks, changeable weather, other factors in racing that will make it much more challenging. Damage will be shit if the A.I isint good enough.

Yeah, I dont mind the no damage in GT right now, I saythere should be more weather changes and stuf flike that,and for 24 hour races have like the sun come up and down and all that funky jaz. But for damage,I'd personally jsut like to see damage to body panels, but not like effecting performance cause what if you have your first car,you total it,cant run. BAMN. you're screwed. But damage is just foolish. Real cars dont get damaged.

Quote Originally Posted by sleekeywoowoo
    Yeah, I dont mind the no damage in GT right now, I saythere should be more weather changes and stuf flike that,and for 24 hour races have like the sun come up and down and all that funky jaz. But for damage,I'd personally jsut like to see damage to body panels, but not like effecting performance cause what if you have your first car,you total it,cant run. BAMN. you're screwed. But damage is just foolish. Real cars dont get damaged.
    it wouldve been cool doing down mulsane in the dark while its pouring

Guest Guest
    make it for PC!!! ok thats never gonna happen, but i can dream!

Quote Originally Posted by CSL
    it wouldve been cool doing down mulsane in the dark while its pouring
    Or going through wooded-corners at the Nurburgring with the Audi R8 at 2:00 A.M. It'd be even cooler if you could have races with snow/lightning/etc.

but see.. if you have damage, it makes it more fun to knock people off the road when you're bored lol [also maybe a 24hr race, that actually changes lighting.. night setting->day setting etc, depending on the time the PS2 is set at]

Quote Originally Posted by suzq044
    but see.. if you have damage, it makes it more fun to knock people off the road when you're bored lol [also maybe a 24hr race, that actually changes lighting.. night setting->day setting etc, depending on the time the PS2 is set at]
    it dosent even need to be a 24 hour race, Laguna Seca has its ALMS start in the day and go into the night.

damage might be more fun when u are bored but id rather have tracks like Spa, Sebring, Road America, id love to have the option to choose what time of day and waht type of weather u wanna race in.

Actually I'm pretty sure this is just GT4 with bumped up PS3 graphics. That's why its called Gran Turismo Vision, note the Vision. That's because it's just showing you a vison into the furture of upcoming Gran Turismo's. GT5 is not that far in development. And this video was posted on ucp before BTW.

I don't care about crash damage either. I mean yes of course it happens in real life but that is not the most important thing about racing. Perfect the physics, get more cars, tracks, things like that. They are so much more worth the time than modeling all the cars to crash, besides since gran turismo's creator expects practically perfection they would probably have to go out and crash test cars to model their crashing characteristics correctly. And that would take too much time. Beside's you should'nt be crashing anyway
    Last edited by deffenbaugh03; 10-06-2005 at 06:42 PM.

Actually Vision Gran Turismo is the name of a video, not a game or anything else.

Kazunori Yamauchi is currently working on damage, better AI, 20+ cars, and many other things.
    EDIT: As well as cockpit views.
    So far, only 2 brand new cars have been seen.

The Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9, and the Gran Turismo covered LMP car from LeMans.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

They sould bring back a bunch of cars from GT3, like venturi and Vector, I'd liek to see them with better graphics.

Thread Information