Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Which country makes or has made the best supercar?

Hard choice between Italy (F50, Enzo, F40, Murcie, Diablo Countach, Miura...) and Germany (Carrera GT, SLR, GT2, GT3, Z8),
    but I'll go for Italy.

Sorry lads but urm i think England:
    mclaren f1
    jaguar xj220
    jaguar e type
    aston martin db5
    aston martin v8
    aston martin vantage
    lotus esprit
    lotus elise gt1
    lister storm
    tvr speed 12
    tvr tuscan
    bentley continental gt
    bentley speed 8 (le mans winner 2003)

The list is endless

My vote goes to Italy

Those cars not only are fast, but they're also beautiful

Angry

UK Cars....get off the f.cking fanboy rant. Britain makes some great cars, but they don't make the be all end all of automobiles. Shit, they don't even build the F1 anymore.

I don't understand what it is with the freaking fanboys on this message board. It seems to be divided into morons who love only german cars, morons who only love asian cars, people who actually know quite a bit, people who actually want to learn something, and who knows what else? Open your minds people. Pride is one thing, but ignorance seems to be tied right into it. Maybe I'm misjudging you, but judging by your title and your qoutes in this thread, I've made a fair judgement.

That being said, I live in America, appreciate American and Foreign cars (to me), and I have to say that Italy makes the best supercars of all. Ferrari is constantly raising the bar, Lamborghini is close behind, now Zonda comes out with a slammer...not to mention the history of fantastic cars that come out of italy.

As much as I hate listening to the fanboys on this site talk about german cars, Audi and porsche among others do make some fine cars. You've got to admit that America does have some extremely fast cars also....no way are they the best, but not to be ignored, either.

I don't think any other nation quite compares to the output of supercars from italy. Year after year, they are pushing the limits.
    And Iraaaaaaaaaaaan

Iran's so far awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

ROR

Quote Originally Posted by UK CARS
    Italy - ferrari enzo, lamborghini muira, ferrari 250 gt......
    England - Mclaren f1, jaguar xj220, tvr speed 12.........
    Germany - porsche 911, mercedes benz 300 sl,....
    france - buggati veyron (soon), citroen ds.....
    America - chevrolet corvette, ford mustang, Dodge viper

What country do you think has made the best supercar,?
    As everyone is naming their favorite you are unlikely to get a difinitive answer. You are getting what you deserve however. The question needs some explanation. ie best looking, best performance, best cup holders etc.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Sorry lads but urm i think England:
    The list is endless
    Excuse me? WHAT THE HELL IS THE POINT IN ASKING A QUESTION and then ANSWERING IT? Why ask for peoples opinions and then TELL them whats right?

Sandwich is right, Americans make fast cars, as do the Itilians, but that wasn't the question was it? I believe the question was WHO MAKES THE BEST supercars, not the fastest.

The question was vague, im slightly offended to be answering it, and im going to say England, though im slightly embarressed to be echoing that arrogant idiot.

Purely because of the status, engineering excellence and beauty eminated by the thee Astons, Bentleys and TVRs of this world.

I realise the f1 is no longer in creation, and that its 1 car, but it represents a pure and utter lack of common sense, resourcefulness andinginuity that is required to create a great car.

Therefore England, and i feel a little dirty...
    I always wanted a sig of my own...

"If you ask me 62 is a VERY odd number.."

[COLOR=DarkRed]Colours? With a U![/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMoses
    I realise the f1 is no longer in creation, and that its 1 car, but it represents a pure and utter lack of common sense, resourcefulness andinginuity that is required to create a great car....
    Please explain how the F1 reprsents a lack of resourcefulness and inginuity. This doesn't make any sense to me, seeing as it basically represents the polar opposite of these...

You go Sandwich!!!

Hey, America may not have an extreme supercar right now. But sooner or later it will come, the new Chrysler may be the first step in creating an American Supercar race.
    Other companies are soon going to build their own and the competion will begin, possibly some day out doing many european cars in the areas of styling, horsepower, and pride
    I'm willing to bet that the day is near when the American forum on this website will be more popular than the European one

But i will still always love a good old Ferrari

[QUOTE=werty]
    I'm willing to bet that the day is near when the American forum on this website will be more popular than the European one[QUOTE]
    I expect the day will come when the American car manufacturers will own everyone else. Chilling!
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    Please explain how the F1 reprsents a lack of resourcefulness and inginuity. This doesn't make any sense to me, seeing as it basically represents the polar opposite of these...
    I think you misunderstand the concept? How is using gold for its conductive properties in the engine resourceful? Or ingenuitive, for example? The F1 was not designed to meet a price bracket and so was designed with complete extravagansce, Mclaren did whatever the hell they wanted, they didnt scrimp or save on the little things, thats why its a great car. , but it is NOT in ANY WAY resourceful or ingenuitive. That doesn't make it any less of a great car though.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMoses
    I think you misunderstand the concept? How is using gold for its conductive properties in the engine resourceful? Or ingenuitive, for example? The F1 was not designed to meet a price bracket and so was designed with complete extravagansce, Mclaren did whatever the hell they wanted, they didnt scrimp or save on the little things, thats why its a great car. , but it is NOT in ANY WAY resourceful or ingenuitive. That doesn't make it any less of a great car though.
    pity your football team couldnt be as succesful as the mclaren f1!!!

ha ha

pity your football team couldnt be as succesful as the mclaren f1!!!
    Cheap shots anyone?
    Go think of an argument and come back.

1-1 Against Man. U? Were scrappy, we'll be fine .
    Last edited by ShadowMoses; 02-21-2004 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Recent events.

Italy - ferrari enzo, lamborghini muira, ferrari 250 gt......
    England - Mclaren f1, jaguar xj220, tvr speed 12.........
    Germany - porsche 911, mercedes benz 300 sl,....
    france - buggati veyron (soon), citroen ds.....
    America - chevrolet corvette, ford mustang, Dodge viper

What country do you think has made the best supercar,?
    First Place: Italy
    Second: Germany
    Third: Britain

No honorable mentions

do subarus count? like the wrx sti 22b! thats a killer car! 0-100 4 flat! top speed of i think 295kph not sure on the 400m times (quarter mile). but it is very cheep compared to all these cars you guys are talking about, not 2 mention the skyline, but the 22b killed it at a trackday event recently!
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

2 Things

1. As you can very well see I am somewhat Corvette biased. But as much as I love the Vettes I'm going to have to agree that they don't belong here. Unless you are considering the Viper Venoms and other such tuned american cars. In this category the Lingenfelter Corvette is simply amazing in all acounts.

2. I'm not even going to attempt to name a particular country even though I do realize that's the point of this discussion. I'm simply going to say that the Europeans in general make a great well rounded car hands down.

Thread Information