Thread: Martin Luther King

Martin Luther King

I have to do this project for school about Martin luther King, It wants me to explain his views on Black Muslims en Black Power movements , I know he wants peace and they want a seperate country but does anyone have a little more information than this about it , I've tried googling but not much of things of use have come up

If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it
    Last edited by R34GTR; 10-19-2005 at 06:03 AM.

This could be a start? http://www.enchantedlearning.com/history/us/MLK/

Just use different search terms, from Martin Luther King, to MLK Bio. I'm sure there's plenty stuff on the web, you just need to use the right terms to find it.

you might also want to look for Mohammed X, a Black Muslim leader. If you can find his views you can out what ever you finda bout MLK against those
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

basically he wanted the government to create a floating island for black people to turn into a utopia. the island was to be manuvered by numerous propeller engines. they were to travel from coast to coast trading babies for livestock and other necessities.
    stereotonin

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    you might also want to look for Mohammed X, a Black Muslim leader. If you can find his views you can out what ever you finda bout MLK against those
    That's Malcolm X, not Mohammed.

BTW, the difference between Martin and Malcolm could be summarized by saying that Martin wanted all the races to coexist in harmony, Malcolm - at least at first, when Elijah Mohammed was still alive - believed that white people were inherantly evil and that blacks must form their own nation.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat77

BTW, the difference between Martin and Malcolm could be summarized by saying that Martin wanted all the races to coexist in harmony, Malcolm - at least at first, when Elijah Mohammed was still alive - believed that white people were inherantly evil and that blacks must form their own nation.
    oops, thanks for correcting me....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcat77

I have an audio clip that proves otherwise...

Malcom X was originally a black panther but the group split between the hostile and the more peaceful protestors, which Malcom X was apart of. Don't know much more about him.

Martin Luther King Jr. led peaceful protests and the famous million man march on washington where he gave his incredible "I have a dream" speech. He was one of the most influential people in America during the 60's not just for his protests and following, but because of many of his efforts President Lyndon B. Johnson signed the Civil Rights act making it illegal for any public area to discriminate by way of races. He was a reverend, imprisoned and beaten many times, but, thankfully, he won.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
    OBSESSED is a word the lazy use to describe the DEDICATED!

Thread Information