Thread: DCSBeemer's UCP Supercar

DCSBeemer's UCP Supercar

OK, I know you all must be sick of all these types of threads, but indulge me just for a moment...

My rendition of the ultimate supercar will consist of the following:

1. Low mass. Real low. I'm talking 750 KGs dry weight in standard form.
    2. Good fuel consumption. Obviously not too good, since no-one will be able to resist flooring the throttle on a regular basis.
    3. Central driving position. Even if it means seating for only one.
    4. Extremely low centre of gravity. Yes, lower than even the Porsche CGT.
    5. Not excessive power. Since the weight must be kept down, things like ESP or DSC or whatever will only be present in it's absence by default. No use having 1000 HP if you can't control the wheelspin. Customer completely able to change this though. ABS will be present as standard.
    6. Transferrable ballast.
    7. Longitudinal engine and tranny, mounted behind the driver and in front of the rear-wheels.
    8. Downforce, loads of it. The Cd will be of secondary importance.
    9. A minimum of on-body wings. Preferably none.
    10. Minimum tank-range of 600 Km when driven sedately.
    11. Set new standards in passive safety.
    12. Must be very customizable. Options will include:

* Active suspension
    * Active transferring ballast
    * 4WD
    * 4W steering
    * Electronic driving aids
    * Hi-Fi system
    * PDC

All this will be strictly optional, since it will add weight and many (like me) consider it unneeded.

13. It will consist of 2 very lightweight turbo-like devices. Not to drive the engine mind you, but to feed extra air into the rear diffuser in order to increase downforce. It will be electrically driven, and must be able of pushing air at up to 450km/h. This will also be but an optional extra.
    14. Another optional extra: No rear-view mirrors. No conventional ones at least. Instead, 2 very discreet fins will feature, with a fibre-optic camera mounted in each. Providing visuals will be the very latest in LCD technology, with two screens mounted either side of the driver.
    15. Extensive use of titanium in the construction of the driver cell.
    16. Minimum opening and closing of body-bits in order to assist an extremely rigid and aerodynamically sound body.
    17. Engine will be up to the customer. Customer will be able to choose between a classic V12, V10, V8 or rotary. Special engines can be arranged at customer's request. The default will be a V12 of 4.5 litres. Power will be at an unstressed 700hp, torque at 500N.m. Rev-limit at 15 000 rpm.
    18. Tranny up to customer as well. Double-clutch, robotized manual or classic manual-shifters will be on offer. Default will be robotized manual with 7 forward speeds and 1 reverse speed. Shift-time in trackmode at 40ms.
    19. Optional extra: Instead of offering conventional brakes with discs and callipers, for the first time ever available to civilians will be a shielded magnetic system. At each wheel will be extremely strong magnets, activated via electronics to apply stopping power to the wheel itself, making away with a very large amount of unsprung weight. ABS and similar technology fully compatible with system.
    20. Intelligent use of materials, meaning that all materials used must contribute to the ideal weight distribution.

I'm working on a pic, just give me a few weeks and I'll post it back here.
    In the meantime, let me know what you think, and feel free to add features or ideas.
    Wife/ Girlfriend/ Mistress: "That's it! I've had it! You have to choose, it's either me or that carsite you visit so much!!!"

UCP Member: "I'm sorry honey... I sure am gonna miss ya."

interesting.

Active suspension is NOT a biggy once youve got the sprung mass down. It' is onle a real winner with huge mass cars.

You shoudl look into the Deronda. Not spoken to the designer for a while, but their design includes addable "comfort" bits like mirrors, window and wipers, luggage storage, etc. Very clever. Drive it to teh track like an Elise and drive it ON the track like an Atom
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Lmao, I think those items will be included as standard here...
    Wife/ Girlfriend/ Mistress: "That's it! I've had it! You have to choose, it's either me or that carsite you visit so much!!!"

Very cool thoughts, nice work ... if I could make a few suggestions...

Quote Originally Posted by dcsbeemer

17. Engine will be up to the customer. Customer will be able to choose between a classic V12, V10, V8 or rotary. Special engines can be arranged at customer's request. The default will be a V12 of 4.5 litres. Power will be at an unstressed 700hp, torque at 500N.m. Rev-limit at 15 000 rpm.
    This was a discovery from Egg Nog quite sometime ago ... The Revetec Engine - powerful, tunable, and efficient .... and to be really insane ..... you'll just have to copy the exact engine formula Egg Nog created in this thread back in Jan this year http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...ad.php?t=11333

Quote Originally Posted by dcsbeemer

18. Tranny up to customer as well. Double-clutch, robotized manual or classic manual-shifters will be on offer. Default will be robotized manual with 7 forward speeds and 1 reverse speed. Shift-time in trackmode at 40ms.
    I think with some effort a CVT type transmission would be the only choice when mated to the revetec style engine ... if only it would hold up to high torque and the coinciding thrashings.

I would be happy to be your first customer.
    UCP's FIRST proud owner of a Nokia N70.
    UCP's HIM and Avenged Sevenfold fan.
    UCP's watch expert.

you want to keep the weight down... but your offering a hi-fi system... not an ordinary radio but a hifi system........Dont make sense

Thanks for the feedback so far everybody!

The Hi-Fi system is strictly an optional extra. The manufacturers these days don't refer to in-car entertainment as just radios anymore (at least not in my neck of the woods...), but hi-fi systems.

In other words, you'll get the full deal, CD-Shuttle, Radio system, Sat-Nav, digital compatibility etc.

But like I said, if the customer wants ICE, he/ she will be informed of the weight implications beforehand.

Thread Information