Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tatra

tatra has very interesting history, it was one of the first car companies in europe, founded by laurin & klement. once they made a project of a small car (i don't remember the name of it right now) that was stolen by nazis. probably thanks to that project hitler made ferdinand porsche to design vw beetle.
    another interesting tatra is a t700 track version, it was really fast and quite expensive.
    right now in this factory they're making washing machines
    12 cylinders or walk!

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi
    tatra has very interesting history, it was one of the first car companies in europe, founded by laurin & klement.
    Laurin & Klement is Skoda, otherwise why would Skoda had pictures of those cars posted on their media site as historical models?

Quote Originally Posted by smxi
    Laurin & Klement is Skoda, otherwise why would Skoda had pictures of those cars posted on their media site as historical models?
    Yes! Laurin & Klement is Skoda. The Tatra's automotive history starts in the 1897, but the origins are even of the 1850, when the founder, Ignaz Schustala, builds a factory of train wagons, the NW ("Nesselsdorfer Wagenbau"), in the city of Nesselsdorf (during that time, the city was part of the Austrian empire). The first NW car was the "President", with a Benz twin-cylinder engine, 2700 cc (!), placed rear, with chain drive; max speed 35 km/h.

Quote Originally Posted by bum
    Yes! Laurin & Klement is Skoda. The Tatra's automotive history starts in the 1897, but the origins are even of the 1850, when the founder, Ignaz Schustala, builds a factory of train wagons, the NW ("Nesselsdorfer Wagenbau"), in the city of Nesselsdorf (during that time, the city was part of the Austrian empire). The first NW car was the "President", with a Benz twin-cylinder engine, 2700 cc (!), placed rear, with chain drive; max speed 35 km/h.
    Thank you.

Не знаю чего,но твой комментарий мне напомнил, что у Мэтта есть Хорьх (Horch), посмотри может интересно будет и парочку Испано-Сюиз (Hispano-Suiza).
    Last edited by smxi; 10-22-2005 at 11:26 AM.

Thank you.

Не знаю чего,но твой комментарий мне напомнил, что у Мэтта есть Хорьх (Horch), посмотри может интересно будет и парочку Испано-Сюиз.
    Horch i already viewed. I like Hispano-Suiza too, thanks

Yes the body-work of Tatra 613 was designed by Vignale and the first prototype was completed in 1969. Ecorra Sport V8 (2000) can be considered the very last family member - it was based on Tatra 700, V8 DOHC, 4.423 l volume engine, 400 HP, max. speed 320 km/hour, 0-100 km/hour in 4 seconds, 1 km sprint in 22.2 sec.
    Sorry, I do not have any image I could post.
    You can have a look at
    http://auta5p.car.cz/vystavy/brno_2001/bsd_54.htm

You might be surprised by the fact that even Dr.Porsche started his design career in Tatra.

Quote Originally Posted by jaromull
    You might be surprised by the fact that even Dr.Porsche started his design career in Tatra.
    No wonder he always liked to place motor in the rear.

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi
    tatra has very interesting history, it was one of the first car companies in europe, founded by laurin & klement. once they made a project of a small car (i don't remember the name of it right now) that was stolen by nazis. probably thanks to that project hitler made ferdinand porsche to design vw beetle.
    another interesting tatra is a t700 track version, it was really fast and quite expensive.
    right now in this factory they're making washing machines

Tatra company DOES NOT produce any washing mashines. These were produced by a comnpany called TATRAMAT in Slovakia, now Whirlpool, I guess. They still produce trucks and lorries, even after the whole company has been almosed ruined by the activities of U.S.-supplied experts who were to help cosolidate and "westernise" Tatra company.

No wonder he always liked to place motor in the rear.
    And ZAZ looked at the Porshe, and placed engine in the rear too Or maybe Dr. Ferdinand also and there worked? Hehe

oh my god of course it is i had some serious trouble with my head then
    but nonetheless rest of the story is correct (i hope)

Quote Originally Posted by jaromull
    Tatra company DOES NOT produce any washing mashines. These were produced by a comnpany called TATRAMAT in Slovakia, now Whirlpool, I guess. They still produce trucks and lorries, even after the whole company has been almosed ruined by the activities of U.S.-supplied experts who were to help cosolidate and "westernise" Tatra company.
    i didn't say tatra makes washing machines but that there are washing machines currently made in that facotry
    Last edited by dydzi; 10-22-2005 at 01:19 PM.
    12 cylinders or walk!

Yet another photo of T77. But i still cannot find hi-res photos.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by bum
    Yet another photo of T77. But i still cannot find hi-res photos.
    Yep, those are tough cookies.

WOW! I found some another photos of T700.

Continue

Thread Information