Quote Originally Posted by MrKipling
The Zonda is a cracking car. It's exactly what a supercar should be: threatening; raw; stupidly pricey. And it's exquisitly detailing too, the interior is gorgeous with all it's little leather toggles and machining, and the carbon fibre work is just stunning. I reckon a truly great supercar should have loads more to it than first appears in, say, a magazine photo. It should have the kind of obsessive details that you can only see and feel when you meet the thing. Stuff like the little carbon fibre lip on the front wing of the Enzo (that connects gap in the middle on the 'bumber'), the softness and stitching of the leather in a Phantom and most important of all, should have a kind of aura about it - a grandeur - regardless of badge, engine or history. The Pagani has tonnes of that and that, i think, makes it a great supercar.

From a purely subjective point of view I love the thing. I like the cockpit forward, big arsed look. Although I must agree that the back end does look a little clumsy in photos, it works much better in context with the size of the thing (which is very small). I saw a C12S at Silverstone not long ago and it looked fantastic. I just wish people would buy them in a colour other than silver!

Possibly a fact: Apparently Pagani made a one-off Zonda for the owner of a carpet factory (or something weird like that) who funded the car. It was naked carbon fibre so all the panels had to be hand laid so that the weave joined up across shutlines (!) and didn't look wonky on curves. Because of those extra man hours the car cost an extra £100,000 or-so to make. This could be bollocks, but I didn't make it up.
Oh, that's my uncle's son's daughter's grandfather's son's son's father's factory.