Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man battles buck with his bare hands, and wins

Man battles buck with his bare hands, and wins

Updated: 9:24 a.m. ET Nov. 2, 2005
    BENTONVILLE, Ark. - For 40 exhausting minutes, Wayne Goldsberry battled a buck with his bare hands in his daughter's bedroom.

Goldsberry finally subdued the five-point whitetail deer that crashed through a bedroom window at his daughter's home Friday. When it was over, blood splattered the walls and the deer lay on the bedroom floor, its neck broken.

Goldsberry was at his daughter's home when he heard glass breaking. He went back to check on the noise and found the deer.

"I was standing about like this peeking around the corner when the deer came out of the bedroom," said Goldsberry, demonstrating while peering around his kitchen wall. The deer ran down the hall and into the master bedroom — "jumping back and forth across the bed."

"I could tell he was really tearing up the place back there," Goldsberry said.

Goldsberry entered the bedroom to confront the deer and, after a brief struggle, emerged to tell his wife to call police. After returning to the bedroom, the fight continued. Goldsberry finally was able to grip the animal and twist its neck, killing it.

"He was trying to get up a corner wall and I just came in behind him and grabbed him by the horns and just started pushing down," said Goldsberry.

Goldsberry, sore from the struggle, dragged the dead animal out of the house.

"He got kicked several times. He was walking bowlegged for awhile," Deputy Doug Gay said.

Benton County Sheriff Keith Ferguson said that when he arrived he found the deer dead in the front yard. Goldsberry intended to have the deer processed for its meat.

Gay said that, this time of year, bucks that see their reflection in windows often charge them, believing the mirror image to be a rival.

On Monday in Pine Bluff, the principal of Coleman Elementary School rid his building of a deer by opening a door. Students were preparing for dismissal Monday when a deer crashed through a window and bounded through a hallway.

The buck floundered on the school's slick floor for about three minutes exiting via a door along the side of a hallway. Principal Bill Tietz said the deer was slightly injured from the glass and lost an antler. Tietz said the animal leapt a 6-foot fence after leaving the school.

‘He got kicked several times. He was walking bowlegged for a while.’

— Deputy Doug Gay
    Benton County Sheriff's Department
    [FLASH] WHAT YOU THINK, YOU SEEN, YOU NEVER SAW HAVE NICE DAY [FLASH] MIB AND MIB2 ROCKS SORRY I HAVE TO NERLIZE YOU AGAIN [FASH]

what... no video

sounds inestin though
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

sorry no video

come on people come read it and tell me what you think
    Last edited by Coventrysucks; 11-02-2005 at 03:19 PM.
    [FLASH] WHAT YOU THINK, YOU SEEN, YOU NEVER SAW HAVE NICE DAY [FLASH] MIB AND MIB2 ROCKS SORRY I HAVE TO NERLIZE YOU AGAIN [FASH]

I think I remember something like this only with a Moose or Bear?
    Before Posting Please Watch This Short Video... URL=http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Thats scary and funny at the same time.

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by MOPAR KICKS ASS
    thank you
    I'm sorry but I fell asleep during that.

come on tell me what you think

that's ok

Yeah thats odd. Mustang is that peppers the sex ofender? I live like 10 minutes away from him if it is.

What I don't get is why the guy went back into the bedroom to confront the deer? Why not just lock the door and wait for animal control. Why risk serious injury or death? I think he's lucky he's alive.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

rev440 I have no clue who your talking about

anyway just tell me what you guy's think of it

even email me what you think
    Last edited by Coventrysucks; 11-02-2005 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Edit!

Quote Originally Posted by rev440
    Yeah thats odd. Mustang is that peppers the sex ofender? I live like 10 minutes away from him if it is.

i dunno found it on the net
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

oh cool

Mopar im talking about Mustang's avatar. Its a local sex ofender named brian peppers i think atleast and i was just wondering if my asumptions right?

This is the picture i found for all the people who dont know what im talking about it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rev440; 11-02-2005 at 02:58 PM.

Thread Information