Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extreme Police Takedown

Quote Originally Posted by QuattroMan
    We need cops like him,I don't see anything wrong with this picture it all,why is it that you and I don't get the same treatment? you know why? We are not a FN thiefs!
    Quote Originally Posted by CSL
    hahahahaha, you really arent that bright huh?

the real question should be how many intelligent people run from the police!
    Sure I understand that the guy stole something and should be punished but to run him over with a truck and then hog tie him like it's some kind of Rodeo event. You don't see anything wrong with that picture? You only embolden cops (any one in position of authority) if you don't blow the whistle. In another thread, there was talk about how the cops in Mexico are in cahoots with the thugs in kidnappings and car jackings. Cops are people too and not above the law, hold them to the laws.

It is stupid to run from the Police. Once, I was pulled over by a cop doing 90 in a 60 zone. I pulled over, treated him with a lot of courtesy and respect and explained that I didn't make a habit of driving like a crazy man. The guy looked at me and let me go with a warning. There is a way to deal with any situation.

Obviously that nut thought he could outrun a vehicle, all the more reason not to flatten him with a car. With power comes responsibility.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    Sure I understand that the guy stole something and should be punished but to run him over with a truck and then hog tie him like it's some kind of Rodeo event. You don't see anything wrong with that picture? You only embolden cops (any one in position of authority) if you don't blow the whistle. In another thread, there was talk about how the cops in Mexico are in cahoots with the thugs in kidnappings and car jackings. Cops are people too and not above the law, hold them to the laws.

Obviously that nut thought he could outrun a vehicle, all the more reason not to flatten him with a car. With power comes responsibility.
    In the end you are right. Poice are supposed to be trained to deal with situations with justifiable force. Its why I argue with the gun fraternity that being armed to defend yourself is not a logical method for a civilised society. Police should not shoot first and ask questions later.
    An intereting related anecdote where two guys broke into someones house in Melbourne with a samurai sword. Most the time thee things are drug related anyway. This guy took the sword from the assailants and killed one and cut the other up a treat.
    An ex cop was commenting on it and said while the guy would not be charged he would advise against taking such aggresive action. He sited a case where (when he was in the force) soemone charged at him with a knife and he would have been justified within the law to shoot. Instead he said he just ran away. The guy was caught and no one was hurt.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/nation...823342682.html
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Thread Information