Thread: Shelby CS6 Mustang

Shelby CS6 Mustang

LAS VEGAS, Nov. 2 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Big block and small block V8
    owners of all types may want to take a second look the next time a "V6"
    Mustang pulls up to the light as Carroll Shelby International Inc's

(OTC: CSBI) wholly owned subsidiary Shelby Automobiles, Inc. announces the new Shelby CS 6 Mustang concept vehicle. Shelby Automobiles, known for speed and performance through the leadership of legendary racecar driver and Cobra creator Carroll Shelby, will offer a modified V6-engined 2006 Ford Mustang, dubbed the CS 6.

Packed with a NOVI-1200 Supercharger from Paxton Automotive Corp., the CS 6 is destined to be the next great sports car from Shelby Automobiles pumping out an incredible 350+ horsepower. The Shelby CS 6 will be introduced at the Vortech/Paxton Booth (#22853-Central Hall) during theSpecialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show in Las Vegas.

The CS 6 features a Shelby-exclusive Paxton NOVI-1200 Centrifugal Supercharger, unsurpassed in high performance, reliability and quiet operation. The bolt-on NOVI-1200 is based on Paxton's race-proven gear case, helical-cut gears constructed from billet-steel, aerospace-quality high-speed bearings and an air/water charge cooler. The CS 6 will be one of the most powerful supercharger kits for the V6 Mustang available on the market and its 350+ HP is a significant increase over the 210 HP of the stock Mustang and the GT version.

"Shelby Automotive is excited to offer the CS 6 with a focus on balance, performance and affordability," said Amy Boylan, President of Shelby Automobiles. "With the Paxton Supercharger, the suspension modifications and the subtle cosmetic enhancements, the CS 6 will remind enthusiasts of the old GT350 -- fast and strong but light on its feet. There is going to be a lot of excitement from speed aficionados when the CS 6 hits the market." 2005 marks the 40th Anniversary of the Paxton-supercharged Shelby Mustang legacy dating back to the famed GT350 and GT500 programs in the late1960's.

In 1965, Carroll Shelby fitted a prototype Paxton Supercharger to the GT350 starting the Shelby/Paxton relationship. Eleven total Paxton supercharger kits were installed by the Shelby factory and a number of additional kits were sold to customers for retro installation. The CS 6 stands poised to continue the great Shelby/Paxton tradition of producing consummate performance-modified autos.

The Shelby CS 6 is racing-styled in the custom of great Shelby cars from the past but updated to create a unique and modern design. Among the interior and exterior modifications to the CS 6:

* Custom hood
    * Custom brakes
    * Custom 20" American Racing wheels
    * Shelby Automobiles badging

Available in the first part of 2006, the Shelby CS 6 will be sold through Shelby Automobiles Las Vegas headquarters and a national dealer network. Interested buyers can contact Shelby Automobiles at (702) 942-7325 or visit the company's web site at http://www.shelbyautos.com for more info.

SOURCE Carroll Shelby International, Inc.

Possible BMW M3 Competitior? ( performance wise )

they need to start making original 67 GT replicas. They would sell so ****ing much. You buy this mustang because it looks like the classic in a modern way. IF they sold the original then you'd be buying the classic in a classic way. I can wish..

they need to call it a GT350 instead of the cs6
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1974 Ford Country Squire (for sale!)

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

As neat as it is, I can't see it being a huge hit. Cool, but seems like a great idea in the wrong place. I'd still go for the V8.

The V6 is a cast iron engine block. Maybe it is better engine to supercharge? It needs to be force feed with higher boost pressure than you would need to get to the target Hp with the V8 engine. The V8 is also an Aluminum unit, meaning it would minimize the weight penalty of a supercharger. To take a 210 Hp motor to 350 Hp doesn't make as much sense as using an available 300 Hp V8. Cost approx: $15K. Any thoughts why Shelby did it?
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Because they are gonna supercharge the V8 and call it a GT500

..Aren't they?

Not bad, but that car looks as though it should definately be a V8.
    And 20's on a car supposedly aimed at value and performance?? WTF?

350bhp is "incredible" from a blown 6 cylinder? pffftt...you Americans are so funny
    Anyway, I like sixes and forced induction is fun although better with a turbo but I guess a S/C is more 'traditional' if less effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    Possible BMW M3 Competitior? ( performance wise )
    I find it amazing that after so long the M3 is still the car to beat even the E36 is still strong.
    Won't be long and the new M3 will be here, with a V8 version of the M5's motor.

In other news, a mate of mine from school years back, his little sister was called Amy Boylan (also the name of the Shelby president)
    Interesting to see how it will face the new RS4.

Holy crap, somebody get rid of this guy! Everything with his name attached to it after say 1975 has been fugly and so is that Stang.

due shelby is awsome so are his cars

I love the looks of the car but I don't consider a V6, even if it's supercharged a real Shelby. I'd buy it and stick a V8 in it.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    The V8 is also an Aluminum unit
    Actually, the Shelby-spec engine is an evolution of the 2003-2004 SVT Cobra's 390-horsepower, iron block, aluminum head, DOHC, four valve, Roots-blown 4.6, with a critical difference, it's FINALLY received the displacement increase to 5.4 liters!
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
    OBSESSED is a word the lazy use to describe the DEDICATED!

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik
    they need to start making original 67 GT replicas. They would sell so ****ing much. You buy this mustang because it looks like the classic in a modern way. IF they sold the original then you'd be buying the classic in a classic way. I can wish..

Humm they kinda do....but they look like Elanor..

BTW a V6 wtf the car looks bad ass, but needs a big V8!

Thread Information